View Full Version : Who has made a flash web site??

SPZero
10-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I downloaded flash MX and want to start making some stuff in it, specifically web sites. Where should I start out? Should I just follow some online tutorials or something?

sleeper
10-02-2004, 07:27 PM
just dont do what i did and learn as needed. take some time and learn some actionscripting and some other basic stuff.

this site has pretty much everything youll need:

http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml

SPZero
10-02-2004, 07:29 PM
how long would you estimate it would take to learn flash decently?

sleeper
10-02-2004, 07:37 PM
it depends on what you want to do. youll pretty much never stop learning flash, its very expansive. to learn how to make a basic site might take a month or so depending on how much you put into it. it has a pretty nice learning curve. youll have fun, dont you worry.

ive had to relearn it about every year or so because i keep forgetting a lot of shit. it might be good to keep steady at it if youre planning on really mastering it

Halber Mensch
10-02-2004, 07:37 PM
i dont think anyone has ever made a flash web site. can it be done?

Ihaman
10-02-2004, 10:05 PM
I've made many!

In fact, I used to be lead vector layout/flash integration/basic actionscripter for a design firm.

It's not too hard a thing to learn, it's pretty easy in fact...it's just quite possibly the most tedious and time-consuming way to create webpages.

sleeper
10-03-2004, 03:31 AM
chicks dig it though

Michiel
10-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Just start playing around with it and visit sites like www.flashkit.com and actionscript.org and such. Flash MX also has some built in tutorials if I'm not mistaken, but these are rather crap.

Keep in mind however, that is not the ideal way of designing pages, HTML is far more efficient when it comes to making internet sites with a lot of artwork. Or you have to get into XML and those kind of things.

Anyway, enjoy! I had fun learning Flash MX (still learning)

Ihaman
10-03-2004, 06:39 AM
i notice a lot of people trying to use flash as a graphics program.

bad idea,

if you wanna make a tasteful site, you'd better learn illustrato.

Michiel
10-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Ihaman
i notice a lot of people trying to use flash as a graphics program. Bad idea,
If you wanna make a tasteful site, you'd better learn illustrato.

Yup, I don't get it either, the pen tool for example is such utter, utter shit, I can't draw a normal curve with that thing.

I always make it in Illustrator 10 and then export it to flash and do the coding.