View Full Version : Ok - if you could own ANY pumpkins show evar, which one?


Fonzie
05-29-2002, 06:37 PM
Personally, either 5 Feb 1994 or 23 May 1996

Unfortunately, no known recordings.

------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

sarmatianus
05-29-2002, 06:42 PM
Either 2.20.95 or 12.1.00

aomb1979
05-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Well, excluding 07.09.88 & 12.02.00;

off the top of my head...02.20.95 or 02.19.96

GhostChild
05-29-2002, 07:10 PM
I want the 97 bridge school pro-shot videos that are in the Shorelines basements.

Smiley
05-29-2002, 07:26 PM
Besides the obvious ones (7/9/88, 8/10/88, 12/2/00)...

I wouldn't mind hearing 12/9/96. I have this <a href="http://collection.suicidekiss.org/clippings/clipping20.html">review of the show</a> which says they did a 20-minute version of TAFH. According to spfc, the show had a tease of La Dolly Vita. That must be interesting. But I'm sorta wondering if maybe the reviewer got confused... maybe they did TAFH->Silverfuck like 1/8/97, and the reviewer thought it was just a really long TAFH.

And while I'm making requests, let's see... how about 6/11/92 or 10/15/93? And 7/26/90.

Ah, screw it. I just want more Gish shows.

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

aldango
05-29-2002, 07:29 PM
5.13.00sbd.

aomb1979
05-29-2002, 07:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley:
Besides the obvious ones (7/9/88, 8/10/88, 12/2/00)...

I wouldn't mind hearing 12/9/96. I have this <a href="http://collection.suicidekiss.org/clippings/clipping20.html">review of the show</a> which says they did a 20-minute version of TAFH. According to spfc, the show had a tease of La Dolly Vita. That must be interesting. But I'm sorta wondering if maybe the reviewer got confused... maybe they did TAFH->Silverfuck like 1/8/97, and the reviewer thought it was just a really long TAFH.

And while I'm making requests, let's see... how about 6/11/92 or 10/15/93? And 7/26/90.

Ah, screw it. I just want more Gish shows.

</font>

Wow,

after reading that review (or trying to) it's obvious the writer has no clue. he says the band passed up playing Quiet, (?) and says they played "relative obscurities like Muzzle & XYU" (?) Don't get your hopes up; I'd bet a ton of money he's talking about TAFH -> Silverfuck

anyway, I'd rather have 12.11.96, the setlist is better.

And if you want Porcelina -> La Dolly Vita, trade for 12.07.96. It's amazing.

useful idiot
05-29-2002, 08:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sarmatianus:
12.1.00</font>


great show

MstrGhost
05-29-2002, 08:34 PM
96/05/02 Bullfight Arena,Cascais,Portugal in SBD or a good tape
According to the band, their best show EVAR!!111!!!!11!!

or also a decent 97/07/02 Alfandega,Porto,Portugal , it has the only tafh->silver jam (no speach)->bodies I've ever heard, since only tafh or bodies were normally played before the long silverfucks, never both in the same show. (sniff http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif my two fave songs)

------------------
Love Is Suicide (http://mstrghost.home.sapo.pt)



[This message has been edited by MstrGhost (edited 05-29-2002).]

palidor
05-29-2002, 08:45 PM
sbd cats cradle

gpub
05-29-2002, 09:19 PM
That damn Lollapollooza in 9/5/94 at CAl State Domingues Hills, which appaRANTly doesn't exist...or something and 8/23/96 at the Anaheim Pond and the 7/2/98 at Universal Amphitheatere and the 10/31/98 one when they opened for KISS.....Concerts I've been to, but appaRANTly no SBD or something.....FUCK... RANT... FUCK... RANT.....Whatever.

You say I'm lucky...We all know it's in the cards....appaRANTly not for these....

SilverFhuck
05-29-2002, 10:25 PM
a better recording of 1.22.97 would be nice.

captainkiwi
05-30-2002, 01:45 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by SilverFhuck:
a better recording of 1.22.97 would be nice.</font>

Agreed...

Rock On

azvd
05-30-2002, 03:40 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by palidor:
sbd cats cradle</font>

or a decent recording of 1995-02-28.

-AZVD.

------------------
Should you feel the need to throw the first stone through my window (http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/azvd/index.htm)

Fattening Ass
05-30-2002, 04:11 AM
10.31.98 SBD or 05.23.00 SBD

Rens
05-30-2002, 04:15 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MstrGhost:
According to the band, their best show EVAR!!111!!!!11!!</font>

They say that on alot of shows I've heard http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
Rens Lohmann - Trading Page (http://www.xs4all.nl/~alohmann/index.html)

Sebastian
05-30-2002, 05:11 AM
1996-04-19 (complete)

The existing (incomplete) FM recording is one of the best FMs I've ever heard. The band was in a great mood that night as well. I'll never forget B0lly screaming "Get the fucking lights on!" http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

------------------
Sebastian
Trade List (http://foo.dyndns.org/trades/)

"Well, I can only suggest a Bon Jovi concert." - James Iha (1996-04-14)

beever
05-30-2002, 11:20 AM
A video with sbd audio of the full 00-10-27 Valbyhallen show....

mosquitoboy
05-30-2002, 12:46 PM
My first shows- the second night was amazing!
12/09/96 - Anaheim Pond
12/10/96 - Anaheim Pond
12/18/96 - the forum

Fonzie
05-30-2002, 03:17 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by mosquitoboy:
My first shows- the second night was amazing!
12/09/96 - Anaheim Pond
12/10/96 - Anaheim Pond
</font>

Are you a frog?



------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

sarmatianus
05-30-2002, 04:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by useful idiot:

great show</font>

Okay, it's not a show, but I'm bringing it in as a technicality.

Mr MacPhisto
05-30-2002, 05:19 PM
10-23-95

jillysp
06-01-2002, 11:54 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mr MacPhisto:
10-23-95</font>

dude. i have 08.04.1998 super-leet FM recording.. it's like, not on anyone's list and i can't list it on mine 'cuz it's NFT. maybe we could work out something? email me, dude.

-jill

------------------
trade me? (http://home.sprintmail.com/~stretch/jill/bootlist/bootlist.html)
0:1's only.

Nothing/everything
06-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Ehm, how about a complete 022795? or a high quality 022895? Those 95 DD shows were classic.

------------------
http://www.bioledu.rug.nl/s1210262/sig.jpg
Bootlist (http://www.bioledu.rug.nl/s1210262/bootlist/)

Slurpee
06-01-2002, 01:15 PM
97.01.04 - Probably the first time Space Jam was played with lyrics.

97.01.10 - this looks cool:
Drown
Silverfuck
> Jurassitol [Filter] (tease)
> Beautiful People [Marilyn Manson] (tease)

97.01.17

And a good recording of all those shitty ANA-taped shows from 97.01.20 to the end of the tour.

nevermind
06-01-2002, 01:42 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by JiLLySP:
dude. i have 08.04.1998 super-leet FM recording.. it's like, not on anyone's list and i can't list it on mine 'cuz it's NFT. maybe we could work out something? email me, dude.

-jill

</font>

lol...she tries...

nevermind
06-01-2002, 01:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Slurpee:
97.01.04 - Probably the first time Space Jam was played with lyrics.

97.01.10 - this looks cool:
Drown
Silverfuck
> Jurassitol [Filter] (tease)
> Beautiful People [Marilyn Manson] (tease)

97.01.17

And a good recording of all those shitty ANA-taped shows from 97.01.20 to the end of the tour.</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

couldnt agree more

severin
06-02-2002, 01:04 PM
1996-04-22

Smiley
06-03-2002, 11:14 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Nothing/everything:
Ehm, how about a complete 022795?</font>

Pissant from that show rocks! I wish it were higher quality.

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

VegasPumpkin
06-03-2002, 10:15 PM
SBD 99.04.17, simply for BSBT

skippy
06-04-2002, 12:05 AM
2025-5-14 Reunion Tour

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/kid.jpg

I hope you know a strong man who can lend you a hand lowering my casket.

Anti-Moan Gestapo
08-06-2002, 06:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
2025-5-14 Reunion Tour

</font>

With b0lly, it's not like he's gonna lose any more hair. And he'll still be younger than Mick Jagger.



------------------
http://www.phatjoe.com/lameass/icons/panda.gif Darnce, Panda!

sarasvati
08-06-2002, 06:12 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley:
Ah, screw it. I just want more Gish shows.

</font>

distance
08-06-2002, 07:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by dross and glass:
That damn Lollapollooza in 9/5/94 at CAl State Domingues Hills, which appaRANTly doesn't exist...or something
You say I'm lucky...We all know it's in the cards....appaRANTly not for these.... </font>

actually.
i found someone who has listed an incomplete 09/05/94. it says the tapers' batteries ran out. dat sourced.. they have a 1st gen analog .. 45 minutes.

Rhinoceros
08-06-2002, 09:36 PM
hmmm...either 9.21.00 soundboard or 5.31.98 soundboard.

two awfully amazing shows. I don't think anybody would disagree with me on those.

wounded
08-07-2002, 07:13 AM
i would love a soundboard of 4.12.99.

glued_on_wings
08-07-2002, 07:32 AM
I wouldnt mind a a better copy of some of thsoe early 97 shows, some of the best ever, oh and some of the the feb 95 shows..

ROck ON..

------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

memories_unwind
08-08-2002, 03:33 AM
The complete 1998-05-23 London show in a better quality.
I got the complete audience show on two tapes in Camden a day after the show. The taper sold it for about 15 $...

[This message has been edited by memories_unwind (edited 08-08-2002).]

Enzed
09-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Anti-Moan Gestapo


With b0lly, it's not like he's gonna lose any more hair. And he'll still be younger than Mick Jagger.



------------------
http://www.phatjoe.com/lameass/icons/panda.gif Darnce, Panda!

Best reply ever!:D

Chewbacca
09-22-2003, 01:55 AM
13-16-09

Transformer
09-22-2003, 03:04 AM
Probably any/all of the sets they played at the Big Day Out. I'm not even sure weather recordings exist or not to be honest. But i don't have it, so i want it!

kiwi
09-22-2003, 04:05 AM
I agree....I saw the Pumpkins at the BDO in 94.

Can't remember any of it though.

:(

I'm hunting for that fucker.

In-Valid
09-22-2003, 02:52 PM
December 01 1993 - Palladium - Toronto

only SP show i've been to that I haven't heard a recording of. Although I hear/read that the recording is completely shite. :(

zerozwan
09-22-2003, 03:24 PM
1990-08-25 (vidM > dvd).

that would be swell.

Enzed
09-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by kiwi
I agree....I saw the Pumpkins at the BDO in 94.

Can't remember any of it though.

:(

I'm hunting for that fucker.

So Kiwi - are you in the states now?

I once found a post in alt-music-something-or-other from a guy called Dean Minifie (I think) who said he did tape some of it - I got in touch with him, but he said he didn't have the tape any more.

It's as close as I ever got.

Yeah, I'd give my right bollock for that show. All I got to remind me is a Pumpkins cap, my BDO 94 ticket, and a few photos of teh pumpkins on stage...
oh - here's the evidence...

http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?q=Dean+Minifie+and+94&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=6170.17945697%40deepserv.kiwi.gen.nz&rnum=1

Liquid-J
09-22-2003, 05:51 PM
just your basics: sbds of the 95 DD shows, cats cradle sbd, 12-02-00

kiwi
09-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Enzed


So Kiwi - are you in the states now?

I once found a post in alt-music-something-or-other from a guy called Dean Minifie (I think) who said he did tape some of it - I got in touch with him, but he said he didn't have the tape any more.

It's as close as I ever got.

Yeah, I'd give my right bollock for that show. All I got to remind me is a Pumpkins cap, my BDO 94 ticket, and a few photos of teh pumpkins on stage...
oh - here's the evidence...

http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?q=Dean+Minifie+and+94&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=6170.17945697%40deepserv.kiwi.gen.nz&rnum=1
Nope, I'm still stationed here in Auckland.

I've checked a couple of trading circles (through some mates of mine) and I'm trying to find out if anyone taped it. I had heard this guy's name mentioned..but nothing quite as concrete as this.

Thanks for your info...I'll keep you updated with any progress I might get.

Enzed
09-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Fantastic.

I'm in Auckland too.

Incedentally, if you ever find them, I'd be interested in the following shows -

Gun's N Roses Auckland 1992? (I know it's available on video, but I've never found anyone locally with it)
RHCP 1992 or 1993 (or whenever it was), also in '96?
Pearl Jam 1995 (Friday show - I have a copy of this but the quality is worse than bad - though at one stage it becomes really clear, as if someone patched in a missing piece of their audio with another source)
Pumpkins Auckland 1996.
Soundgarden BDO 94, Powerstation 94, or BDO 97

Also - are you into trading at all?

kiwi
09-23-2003, 12:31 AM
I most definately am.

I'm pretty much only starting out though, and my burner is (temporarily) out of action.

Here is my page:

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/kiwinirvana?listid=0

My SP & Zwan shows sources are all 'TBC' because the traders who I traded with for them are double checking all of their generations for me.

How about you?

Enzed
09-23-2003, 12:50 AM
I got the odd show or two...
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/chrishob/trading.htm

kiwi
09-23-2003, 01:20 AM
Crikey.

You or DoctaSoma planning on taping the BDO again this year?

I'm going to try to.

I've got 'connections' with the management, so I can get cheap tickets if you're interested...I know it is a way out, but I thought I'd let you know.

By the size of your list, you could pay me with SP boots ;)

Enzed
09-23-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by kiwi
Crikey.

You or DoctaSoma planning on taping the BDO again this year?

I'm going to try to.

I've got 'connections' with the management, so I can get cheap tickets if you're interested...I know it is a way out, but I thought I'd let you know.

By the size of your list, you could pay me with SP boots ;)

Hehe.

I'm sure Ben will be taping - I don't tape, so I just leech off him.

The company I work for has a box at Ericcson, so I get a free ticket to this year's one, and I'm planning on the same for next year.

kiwi
09-23-2003, 01:34 AM
Corporate box eh?

Oh well.

Are you still actively trading?

Enzed
09-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Yep, I'm still trading. I try to stop, but there's been a ton of cool things recently...best thing is the Pearl Jam 1995 Pacific rim tour VCD.

severin
09-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Enzed
Pearl Jam rim job VCD. :eek:

kiwi
09-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Enzed
Yep, I'm still trading. I try to stop, but there's been a ton of cool things recently...best thing is the Pearl Jam 1995 Pacific rim tour VCD.
Was a shame they didn't tour here though.

Enzed
09-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by severin
:eek:

I think maybe something got lost in the translation, mister Severin...:cool:

Enzed
09-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

Was a shame they didn't tour here though.

2003? yeah.

Someone recorded the 1998 show, but as far as I know it's NFT. I'd love to here it, tho'.

jillysp
09-24-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by jillysp


dude. i have 08.04.1998 super-leet FM recording.. it's like, not on anyone's list and i can't list it on mine 'cuz it's NFT. maybe we could work out something? email me, dude.

-jill


I never thought I'd quote myself a year and a half later, but...

uh..

09.01.1996. i've never heard the microcassette against dave asselin's advice, rather preferring it to be lost to the dreamy recesses of my hazy mind. but, man, if there was a good recording of it. i remember very distinctly corgan making fun of alanis morissette before ripping into today, claiming he wrote the song for her and she felt it was a bit too hard to swallow as a jagged little pill. great show, all in all.

kiwi
09-24-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Enzed


2003? yeah.

Someone recorded the 1998 show, but as far as I know it's NFT. I'd love to here it, tho'.
Once I get to taping shows I'll try and arrange all the rare swop (as called in the Cure circles) I possibly can ;)

corganballs
09-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
9.21.00 soundboard

Shouldn't have too much trouble finding that one.

DeadOpera
09-24-2003, 11:15 AM
1991/07/13 Lee's Palace

RumoredToTheS&N
09-24-2003, 01:52 PM
3.30.1994
it was the only time i got to see them live. plus, it was a long-ass show with two encores.
i heard vague rumors that a low-quality recording was made, but i could never track it down.
:(

loopusman
09-24-2003, 02:25 PM
96-04-20

Enzed
09-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

Once I get to taping shows I'll try and arrange all the rare swop (as called in the Cure circles) I possibly can ;)

If you need anything for bargaining, let me know...

kiwi
09-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Enzed


If you need anything for bargaining, let me know...
Sure thing.

Brute Squad
09-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Slurpee
And a good recording of all those shitty ANA-taped shows from 97.01.20 to the end of the tour.


What? You don't have one of the many DAT recordings from the end of the tour. You made me put in 2/1/97. I honestly haven't pulled out an SP show in over a year. Listening to this is weird.

Brute Squad
09-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jillysp
09.01.1996. i've never heard the microcassette against dave asselin's advice, rather preferring it to be lost to the dreamy recesses of my hazy mind. but, man, if there was a good recording of it.

i was chatting with dave after the 12/2/2000 show, and we both knew that no one had come out with a tape among roth, fares, fresko, pj, and i. he said he'd just wait until a sbd or official release came out. I argued with him a bit about it, and he convinced me. I want nothing less than a soundboard. I haven't and won't listen to anything but a soundboard. It's been too long for me to want to listen to a crap audience recording anyways...

Junebug
09-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by zekix
5.13.00sbd.
first thing that popped into my head. but i'm happy with what i've got now.

Zero23
09-25-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by dross and glass
That damn Lollapollooza in 9/5/94 at CAl State Domingues Hills, which appaRANTly doesn't exist.......

Verboten
09-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Zero23



distance said he had a few leads on this one quite some time ago. i wonder whatever happened to that.

SP33
09-25-2003, 02:34 AM
I decided to side-bust into this convo:

08.27.94 (Second Stage) Shoreline Amph.; Mountain View, CA
I just want it because it's from the Bay. I always wondered what the set from that was, but I believe it's posted in a review somewhere.

07.08.97 Spodek; Katowice, PL
I KNOW this show exists. I spoke with the taper. It would be an ANA recording. For the love of God, I beg to get that show for about 3 months. We tried to set up a trade, but we lost contact. Fucker.

10.17.97 Slim's; San Francisco, CA
I believe there was talk about this not even being a show. I think Roth said something about the band just being there. Well, if there was no show, why is it still on the SPFC? I'm just curious to see if they did play b/c there is no barrier.

matt reeder
09-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Well, as far as recordings that don't exist or do exist and aren't circulating...

11.26.91 Normal, IL [does exist, can't find it]
any of the 1994 Big Day Out shows
10.20.95 Dekalb, IL
03.07.96 Adelaide, Australia

If I could own only one show...besides the last show...the first shows I think of would be 08.13.93, 03.23.94, 10.19.95, 01.08.97, and 11.29.2000. One of those.

Verboten
09-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by matt reeder
10.20.95 Dekalb, IL



apparently the taper wants this kept NFT for the few people who do have it, for unknown reasons.
strange when you consider the sound quality of it being roughly 2-3/10.

Habib
09-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Verboten



apparently the taper wants this kept NFT for the few people who do have it, for unknown reasons.
strange when you consider the sound quality of it being roughly 2-3/10.
maybe that's why he wants it NFT :)

Halteh
09-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Habib

maybe that's why he wants it NFT :)
I have that show. It's a piece of shit, I maybe listened to 2-3 songs on it.

SP33
09-25-2003, 09:13 PM
10.20.95 is already out... you just need to look for it.

MstrGhost
09-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SP33
I decided to side-bust into this convo:


07.08.97 Spodek; Katowice, PL
I KNOW this show exists. I spoke with the taper. It would be an ANA recording. For the love of God, I beg to get that show for about 3 months. We tried to set up a trade, but we lost contact. Fucker.



I want that too!!!! In a desperately way!

Verboten
09-26-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by SP33
10.20.95 is already out... you just need to look for it.


l337er than thou posts are cool.

Zero23
09-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Verboten



distance said he had a few leads on this one quite some time ago. i wonder whatever happened to that.

Distance, any luck? I've had the worst luck on this one.

distance
09-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Zero23


Distance, any luck? I've had the worst luck on this one.

i don't think i follwed it up after that.. and honestly, at this point i now have _no_ idea where i saw that anymore.. that was over a year ago.

TheJoker
09-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by palidor
sbd

silent but deadly?

Slurpee
09-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong


What? You don't have one of the many DAT recordings from the end of the tour. You made me put in 2/1/97. I honestly haven't pulled out an SP show in over a year. Listening to this is weird.

See, what I meant was, I want good copies of the shows that *didn't* get taped on DAT.

Silverfuck jam for 2/1/97 = gold.

Dead
09-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by TheJoker
silent but deadly?
http://www.emotioneric.com/mathiseasy.jpg

SP33
09-29-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Verboten
l337er than thou posts are cool.

Fo Sho!!!!

Salena Child
09-30-2003, 07:19 PM
april 19, 1999. first show i ever went too. fucking hoarders :mad: