View Full Version : Do you ever just storm right the hell out of some place?

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 07:24 AM
cause i sure as hell did tonight. first, i went to this really awesome show with a buddy of mine from school. a guy my age is doing a one man show about his travels around the world that was funded by The Circumnavigator's Club, and it centered on globalization. basically, he travelled to every populated continent and just talked iwth people, and learned. and his show consists of a series of impressions, through which he relates his journey in this humorous manner, but to be honest, the humor is incidental. it is completely substantive, and i found it to be quite moving. just the way he related things, the examples he chose, really hit home. it was just so very strikingly human. it was something pretty badass, he's going on a college tour, so if you see Dan Hoyle doing a show near you, check the shit out. he's got a fullbright grant to observe the oil industry or something, i can't remember exactly. journalistic theatre is his gig. very cool stuff, he's talented.

ANYWAYS, after that awesome event, we went to get dinner, and that was fun as well. then my buddy and his friends want to go to the marina, which is cool. the place is flooded with all these people from usc who came up for the stanford game. that can either be really fun, or not that cool, cause it's so crowded. the night before, it was sorta cool. but these fucks want to go to this place called comet club. i hate that place so much, the fucking walls and celinings are painted black, and the lights are red. it's just pure trash, i say let's go to matrix or even eastide west, places less than a block away, but they wanna go here. they got there a little before me, so they had drinks.

so i go to the bar, and all i want is some water, casue i'm parched. the place is super swamped, way too loud, etc. you all know how shit places can be. so i tell a bartender i want bottle of water, he shakes his head no. cause it wasn't his section of the bar, but it didn't help my mood.

there's all these steroid morons sweating all over the place, these chunked out, used up party sluts that are sweating too, and the music is assaulting my tympanic membrane with no mercy. the whole thing is like one big insult. i mean, the fucking bar wasn't completely level, so when some idiot spills his god damn mojito (what kind of guy drinks these anywyas?!), it's gonna come cascading all over my shirt, had i not anticipated that very thing happening. so i stood back a bit, you know. i don't talk about this very often, but at certain times i can literally visually perceive the souls of people, and this place was fucking bleak. there were like three genuine people (green glow), and all of them had their facades on thick.

the real bartender finally takes my order and he hands me a fucking calistoga. the kind of water that doesn't taste like water and has all these bubbles.

so i found my buddy and i said 'bro, i can't fucking take this place, i'm outta here. i'll call you later this week.' and i just stormed the hell out.

this is a guy i haven't seen in more than a year, and i really like, but i just had to get out of there. i don't know why, but it was so oppressive, i felt like i was at my wit's end. i drove right home, damn.

i was just joking about 'seeing souls' thing btw.

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 07:36 AM
i stormed right the hell out of another place about a month ago i just realized. matrix, i mentioned it in the post above. you remember, right? well, anyhow, i'm there iwth my buddy, off hours when there's no one really there, and we're just bored. so we order two shots of Louis XIII (http://www.sendliquor.com/id100136list646product.html) when she informed us they did not have any, we pretended to be outraged and demanded to know exactly what kind of place this was, before storming right the hell out. the things we do to amuse ourselves...

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 07:39 AM
now that i think about it, in the early 1990s i moonlighted as a Cumulonimbus, and storming right the hell out is basically all i did.

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 07:44 AM
and just about five days a week, i am running slightly late in the morning, and i storm right the hell out of my shower, and once dressed, i storm right the hell out of my room, then i storm right the hell out of my apartment, into my car. then i relax and listen to music and drive fast.

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 07:46 AM
ok, now it's your turn, populace of netphoria!

kiwi
09-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Liquid-J'sGhost
now that i think about it, in the early 1990s i moonlighted as a Cumulonimbus, and storming right the hell out is basically all i did.
Oh Jesse :love:

i_dont_live
09-26-2004, 08:01 AM
i stormed right the hell out of this concert once. Jebediah and The Living End had just played. we'd lost our lineup things ages ago, so we'd completely forgotten who was on next. so this band come out and i think "wait, i know these guys. they look familiar." and they pick up their guitars and play some tuning stuff.

at this point i notice all the people around me who are wearing brand names like Roxy and Quiksilver. and just as the band launch into "Rollover DJ" (their opening song, it dawns on me. Jet were playing. i bailed right the fuck out of that moshpit like the houdns of hell were at my heels, which, metaphorically speaking, they were.

sleeper
09-26-2004, 08:13 AM
fuck man, welcome to my world. that happens to me all the time, excpet i rarely actually make a break for it. little things all add up and you kinda just freak out. i saw some free concert before here in toronto and what happened to me was a pretty serious thing. i had a similar situation to yours and i kept digging myself deeper into that kinda whole until somethng truly clicked in my head and i lost it. something really did click, i dont know what, and i havent been the same since. you know you really lose it when youre not mad in a voilent way but mad in a eyes-wide-open, blankly and intensely staring at the wall kinda way. like a stereotypical psycho stare. i just kinda walked out of there, no storming, but the whole way back was kinda surreal. actually it was a really cool thing and im happy it did. im such a sucker for sincere and real moments, good or bad. i want to trip and fall into a puddle or get in a fight or otherwise take part in something really undiluted, real, and visceral. im not sure if youre thinking bad thoughts about last nights experiences but i say you respect and appreciete them. cause they rock!

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by kiwi

Oh Jesse :love:

haha, what's up Jack!

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by i_dont_live
i stormed right the hell out of this concert once. Jebediah and The Living End had just played. we'd lost our lineup things ages ago, so we'd completely forgotten who was on next. so this band come out and i think "wait, i know these guys. they look familiar." and they pick up their guitars and play some tuning stuff.

at this point i notice all the people around me who are wearing brand names like Roxy and Quiksilver. and just as the band launch into "Rollover DJ" (their opening song, it dawns on me. Jet were playing. i bailed right the fuck out of that moshpit like the houdns of hell were at my heels, which, metaphorically speaking, they were.

hahaha, nice!!

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by sleeper
fuck man, welcome to my world. that happens to me all the time, excpet i rarely actually make a break for it. little things all add up and you kinda just freak out. i saw some free concert before here in toronto and what happened to me was a pretty serious thing. i had a similar situation to yours and i kept digging myself deeper into that kinda whole until somethng truly clicked in my head and i lost it. something really did click, i dont know what, and i havent been the same since. you know you really lose it when youre not mad in a voilent way but mad in a eyes-wide-open, blankly and intensely staring at the wall kinda way. like a stereotypical psycho stare. i just kinda walked out of there, no storming, but the whole way back was kinda surreal. actually it was a really cool thing and im happy it did. im such a sucker for sincere and real moments, good or bad. i want to trip and fall into a puddle or get in a fight or otherwise take part in something really undiluted, real, and visceral. im not sure if youre thinking bad thoughts about last nights experiences but i say you respect and appreciete them. cause they rock!

i feel ya. i do.

sleeper
09-26-2004, 08:24 AM

i feel ya. i do.

stop spreading your hate

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 08:26 AM
my bad

*storms right the hell out of this thread*

sleeper
09-26-2004, 08:54 AM
my bad

*storms right the hell out of this thread*

that should be a new thing here. storming out of threads. even if its your first post in the thread. people will be, god willing, storming out left and right. i think ill be the kinda guy that slams doors when hes mad for attention

smashingjj
09-26-2004, 08:57 AM
hey jesse, your first post in this thread was nicely written, thumbs up.

yeah i did this a lot in the past. in my town, there are not very much clubs and pubs that i want to attend when i go out, there's one place which is my favourite but not many people feel like going there, so sometimes i end up in other places. there's this horrible place called De Joffer, which is where all the locals dance to the most terrible music. they make it a habit to stop playing the songs halfway and continue with a new one after that. i can't dance at all to that music and cutting off the songs every time doesn't help as well.

i think it happened two or three times that i just went home because i got depressed by it, intimidated by other people and/or just bored as fuck.

the people there annoy the fuck out of me. last time there were 2 people dancing closely like they do in, well, a vengaboys video, with their faces in 'dirty' mode on purpose. ugh. the last few times i was there, ( i had to go cause everyone wanted to go there) i decided to entertain myself by imitating all those people, scream like hell with every new song that was played and falsely singing along to everything. that was kinda fun, but i won't go back there again. fucking hell, it's places like that, that made me hate going out at first.

C33
09-26-2004, 09:12 AM
no

C33
09-26-2004, 09:13 AM
oh, once, when i was sure i'd be beaten up if i didn't.

smashingjj
09-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33
oh, once, when i was sure i'd be beaten up if i didn't. heh what did you do?

ShadowStabbing
09-26-2004, 09:17 AM
all the time. but mostly, i save myself the trouble of even going inside.

C33
09-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by smashingjj
heh what did you do?
there was thig huge guy who said "damn, you're ugly". i don't even know if he said it to me, but i said "shuddup" and pushed him without seeing that he was this giant fatass toughguy :P

smashingjj
09-26-2004, 09:23 AM

there was thig huge guy who said "damn, you're ugly". i don't even know if he said it to me, but i said "shuddup" and pushed him without seeing that he was this giant fatass toughguy :P HAHAHA http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif you da man, man!

this is even more hilarious if he didn't even intend the insult for you...

3Marlon3Brando
09-26-2004, 10:44 AM
you all know how shit places can be.

YEAH

Mariner
09-26-2004, 12:29 PM
and just about five days a week, i am running slightly late in the morning, and i storm right the hell out of my shower, and once dressed, i storm right the hell out of my room, then i storm right the hell out of my apartment, into my car. then i relax and listen to music and drive fast...

...and storm RIGHT THE HELL out of Mountain View!

lawson
09-26-2004, 12:49 PM
i stormed the hell out of a 24hour breakfast place last week after ordering food because my gf had stormed the hell out of there. so i dumped her.

DeadSwan
09-26-2004, 12:57 PM
i usually just try and sneak off if i can. storming is 2, 2 dramatic.

C33
09-26-2004, 12:58 PM
storming the hell out of places is underrated!

DeadSwan
09-26-2004, 01:00 PM
storming the hell out of places is underrated!

you're right. i'm such a pussy.:(

Isle
09-26-2004, 01:05 PM
:rofl: i never thought i'd hear someone say "tympanic membrane"

Thad
09-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
hey jesse, your first post in this thread was nicely written, thumbs up.

I tried to think of a time when I've done this, nothing comes to mind so I think the next time I'm in club or whatever I'll just leave regardless of the situation.

smashingjj
09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Thad

I tried to think of a time when I've done this, nothing comes to mind so I think the next time I'm in club or whatever I'll just leave regardless of the situation. hey thad, nicely written. thumbs up.

alexthestampede
09-26-2004, 03:48 PM
i never 'storm' because it makes u seem kind of small and full of yourself, but sometimes if im in some place like what u were talking about or if im watching a movie with some ppl and they are talking through the whole thing ill just put this blank dumb stare on my face like ive been looking at a dead cockroach for 24 hours straight or something then after that ill just get up and walk out without saying anything or ill give a reason for leaving thats obviously not true

im usually not passive agressive like that but its so fun that it puts me in a good mood again

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Thad

I tried to think of a time when I've done this, nothing comes to mind so I think the next time I'm in club or whatever I'll just leave regardless of the situation.

yeah man, just pick your moment and then just storm right the hell out of there. it'll be awesome!!!

wHATcOLOR
09-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mariner

...and storm RIGHT THE HELL out of Mountain View!

you got that right, man!!!

alexthestampede
09-26-2004, 04:42 PM
so.. i was watching akira...
and the general stormed right the hell out of that council thing.. then later in the same spirit he shot one of the council for trying to arrest him and enacted military law.. it was an awesome movie..

Karl Connor
09-26-2004, 05:42 PM
thats how i felt when i went to that aforementioned club sometime ago. didnt have to cajones to storm out though

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2004, 02:28 AM
i stormed right the hell out of work tonight. there was no one there to observe. it's like.. an olympic calibur swimmer growing up in the sahara desert.. oh, what could have been.

bonsor
09-28-2004, 02:37 AM
i was just joking about 'seeing souls' thing btw. damn.

i stormed out of work one time at mcdonald's. this stupid shitstain of a manager was sitting there yelling at me and me only when everyone else was doing a signifigantly worse job and she just sat there running her fat fucking mouth mouth until i told her to fuck off and left. i was so indescribably infuriated at her. then i went home and dropped acid.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by ******
damn.

i stormed out of work one time at mcdonald's. this stupid shitstain of a manager was sitting there yelling at me and me only when everyone else was doing a signifigantly worse job and she just sat there running her fat fucking mouth mouth until i told her to fuck off and left. i was so indescribably infuriated at her. then i went home and dropped acid.

yeah, i wish i wasn't joking about that, that'd be neat. i am developing something similar though. it's called.. not being an idiot, and it's helping me figure out what's up wiht peeps. it's a new skill for me (well, within the last 4 years or so..)

and as for your incident, i salute you, ******! :cheers: take no shit from anyone, especially idiots. i like your style.

bonsor
09-28-2004, 02:46 AM
there was a lot more to it than that.

she was a bitch though.

meow
09-28-2004, 02:48 AM
once, my friends and i were sitting in a pub, getting ready to head off to a house party and another friend of mine came in and started yelling at us that we didn't invite her (we did, she didn't want to go, we said we would call her when we got to the party). I got pissed that she was yelling, and i walked out.

jenn
09-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I used to storm out of my high school German class in like, 10th grade because my teacher was a complete cunt.

jenn
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by melancholia
I used to storm out of my high school German class in like, 10th grade because my teacher was a complete cunt.

like, i'd get completely sick of being in the same room as her. and i'd start to feel my blood boiling, and it got harder and harder not to just stand up and freak out at her, so i'd walk out. and she'd follow me into the hallway and be like, "JENNIFERMAE! GET YOUR ASS BACK IN HERE! I'M GOING TO GET YOU SUSPENDED" and I'd be all like, "fuck you bitch *underbreath*" and I'd go and hang out with the social worker.

Heh. HS was an adventure...by the way, I got a C in her class, but I got a 98 on the German regents exam.

Thad
09-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by melancholia

regents exam.

Woah, my palms started to sweat when I read those two words even after all these years. Fuck regents exams. ;)

pink_ribbon_scars
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
i don't guess i ever storm out of places. i'm pretty mellow.

Esty
09-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars
i don't guess i ever storm out of places. i'm pretty mellow.

Ditto, not that I have never wanted to. Sometimes my parents piss me off and I feel like just slamming a door or throwing a chair or something. I just never do it. I'll just lead to more shit.

I_was_aborted
09-28-2004, 02:00 PM
One time I went to a concert. I got a ticket because I knew 2 other people who were going and I was new to Chicago so I figured I would try and make a friend or two.

Well, it was Wilco. I had only heard the yankee album...which I didn't care for too much but I was able to stand it. I figured they would at least be as good live as on the album....hahaha I was wrong.

The singer has a horrible live voice and the music was very bland and loose. I gave them quite a while to warm up and stayed for half of the show but after hearing one to many hipsters say "OMG THIS IS SOOO GREAT!" I felt my world collapsing around me and I had to jet.

I got outa there pretty quick and I laughed the whole way home at those stupid fucks taste in music.

They ate it up like pigs with slop.