View Full Version : Anybody ever watch Fawlty Towers?

Lie
09-26-2004, 06:54 AM
That show was the shit. I sort of grew up on public television, so I used to watch all the British comedies with with my mom, and I don't think anything else ever made me laugh for that long. I don't even remember it that well, but I think I'm gonna get the DVD collection, 'cause I miss it.

Isle
09-26-2004, 06:57 AM
yeah fawlty towers was one of the best uk shows ever. it still has nothing on Blackadder though, which may be the funniest series of all time.

killer_tomato
09-26-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Isle
yeah fawlty towers was one of the best uk shows ever. it still has nothing on Blackadder though, which may be the funniest series of all time.
the first blackadder season was crap. the others were really good though.
haven't watched fawlty towers yet but since i live in the uk now and everything i probably should

hendy
09-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Fawlty Towers is fucking genious. I was in a school play where we did an episode of Fawlty Towers (I was Basil) - so much fun. I'm glad they don't do what most shows do and have heaps of seasons - only making 12 episodes and making them the best they could be is so much better that letting the show go on and become crap.

smashingjj
09-26-2004, 07:15 AM
I totally loved it when i saw it for the first time, it's starting to be dragging a bit if i watch it now. But fuck that was the best series ever. There were only 13 episodes, fuck that.

The one that Basil freaks out and imitates Hitler in front of a few Germans is the fucking best. The best part is, that one didn't get broadcast in Germany, though the rest did.

scouse_dave
09-26-2004, 07:21 AM
in the spanish version, manuel was german.

...and yeah, i love fawlty towers

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-26-2004, 08:58 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="Courier new">I'M A DOCTOR AND I WANT MY SAUSAGES!</font>

ShadowStabbing
09-26-2004, 09:00 AM
i love fawlty towers

strange_one
09-26-2004, 10:28 AM
<font color=33FFFF> nothing beats the episode with manuel chasing the rats, or was it mice? I haven't watched that show in years</font>

Michiel
09-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
The one that Basil freaks out and imitates Hitler in front of a few Germans is the fucking best. The best part is, that one didn't get broadcast in Germany, though the rest did.

If you like him freaking out and so, you should try to find/download "How to irritate people". The title alone says enough i think. :D

DeadSwan
09-26-2004, 12:58 PM
yeah, my dad had a bunch of episodes on tape. those were great when i was a kid.

ShadowStabbing
09-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by scouse_dave
in the spanish version, manuel was german.

hahaha, really?