View Full Version : Silent Hill (it's a game)

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Anyone play the new one yet? I've played all the others and I had a great time with them all. Not so much with the last one though, I felt it was improved in a few ways but not nearly as good as the first two. I've read it's very different from any of the other's so I am very interested in picking it up some time. What do you think?
maybe I should bump this in the future....

stefanie
09-23-2004, 10:07 PM
they're making a moooovie

Nimrod's Son
09-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by stefanie
they're making a moooovie Hollywood is out of ideas.

Well, they proved this with "The Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas" but still, I'm just sayin'.

Varien
09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
I enjoyed the "it's a game part" even the non-gamers on this board probably heard of it by now ;)

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by stefanie
they're making a moooovie
yeah I've read this somewhere before. I'd be very interested to see it. hopefully it's done right.

ahhh, memories of playing the game for the first time. it was something so new and different. freaky shit.

Super Cres
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Owned first, played second, played third. The series just continued to decline in quality. The first one was actually scary, even made me scream, no other game has done that. The new one looks interesting, apparently the character is stuck in a room or an apartment or something. I will most likley rent it, but not buy it.

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Varien
I enjoyed the "it's a game part" even the non-gamers on this board probably heard of it by now ;)
haha, cool. Most of my friends don't know what the hell it is and I figured it was still a relatively unknown game in general.

stefanie
09-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Jonny5

haha, cool. Most of my friends don't know what the hell it is and I figured it was still a relatively unknown game in general.

nope :)

Varien
09-23-2004, 10:17 PM

You are incorrect good sir! but your taste in games is noted, but i don't feel good about the fourth one, apparently it's got some retarded first person action in the beginngin which is gay in my opinion, i haven't played it yet, but i feel gross about it already.

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Super Cres
Owned first, played second, played third. The series just continued to decline in quality. The first one was actually scary, even made me scream, no other game has done that. The new one looks interesting, apparently the character is stuck in a room or an apartment or something. I will most likley rent it, but not buy it.
I feel like the third was just trying to suck in new fans. It really didn't do anything for anyone who played the first two. Yeah, and the room thing...I think that throughout the game you're forced to keep returning to your room and as you progress the more decayed and fucked up the room gets.

Axis of Action
09-23-2004, 10:22 PM
I've always preferred Silent Hill to Resident Evil, although I enjoy both immensely. I always found SH pushed the envelope more - gorier, more fucked up shit. Etc.

Orchestra
09-23-2004, 10:46 PM
I like this troll, if they ruined the RE story they'll ruin SH. Unless its a game of opposites. Good RE Game/story = Bad movie RE, bad SH game/story = Great movie

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Orchestra
I like this troll, if they ruined the RE story they'll ruin SH. Unless its a game of opposites. Good RE Game/story = Bad movie RE, bad SH game/story = Great movie
sorry, but what the fuck are you talking about?

Nimrod's Son
09-23-2004, 11:06 PM

sorry, but what the fuck are you talking about?

RE= Resident Evil
SH= Silent Hill

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son

RE= Resident Evil
SH= Silent Hill
haha

forget it. I guess I see what he meant now.

wondercunt
09-23-2004, 11:13 PM

haha

your username makes me think of johnny quest. what a great show.

Orchestra
09-23-2004, 11:14 PM

haha

welcome to the year 3000

Jonny5
09-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Orchestra

welcome to my year