View Full Version : You know what I HATE? (Pet Peeves thread)

Never Nohen
09-17-2004, 02:40 AM
Pretty much any conversation/debate/discussion/argument/flamewar/etc about evolution EVER.

I don't give a shit whether it's true or not, whether it should dictate public policy or common morality or not, whether it contains the key to the meaning of life...

EVOLUTION IS NOT INTERESTING!

(Well, okay, it is. There are things about the <i>occurence</i> of evolution that are very interesting. But the arguments involving and about the validity and applicability of evolution as a <i>system</i> - i.e. the only conversation anybody who isn't a biologist or anthropologist ever has about evolution - ARE NOT INTERESTING.

Thank you. That is all.

Please leave a rant after the tone. *beep*

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 04:11 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">When making a statement in a class, please do not hog class time. If you are unable to make a coherent point in a few sentences, please shut the hell up.

Thank you.</font>

sleeper
09-17-2004, 05:12 AM
i hate being rushed. in any sense

severin
09-17-2004, 05:18 AM
my nephew brought up a little interesting factoid a short while ago: the probability that humans evolve to a state like we have it now is about as high as a tornado hitting a junkyard and building a fully functional boeing 747 out of the parts that are laying around

ravenguy2000
09-17-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by severin
my nephew brought up a little interesting factoid a short while ago: the probability that humans evolve to a state like we have it now is about as high as a tornado hitting a junkyard and building a fully functional boeing 747 out of the parts that are laying around

Does your nephew look really, really unevolved? Just curious.

severin
09-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000

Does your nephew look really, really unevolved? Just curious. not that i noticed

Hillzy
09-17-2004, 06:12 AM

I really, really don't want to start one of these debates. But, that is about as far from an interesting little factoid as they come. It sort of seems logical, but really it is just a dumb little statement which just demonstrates that the person who said it hasn't even the most fundamental understanding of evolutionary theory.

Never Nohen
09-17-2004, 09:15 AM

Oh my god. PLEASE SHUT UP KTHXBYE.

twice
09-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by sleeper
i hate being rushed. in any sense mhm. i should specify that i especially don't like it when it's imposed.
and um. lack of appreciation, empathy, love.
bad tippers. mismatching purses. people's inability to be silent. that's about it.
oh and people who put food in the sink when there is no disposable luxury to take care of it accordingly. fuck.

Ugly
09-17-2004, 11:18 AM
I hate people who think Set the Ray to Jerry is actually a good song.

mirrar
09-17-2004, 11:22 AM
jesus i clicked on this out of reflex, and no pet peeves sprung to my head! i must be pretty damn happy right now.

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

WTF

BAN

beef curtains
09-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">When making a statement in a class, please do not hog class time. If you are unable to make a coherent point in a few sentences, please shut the hell up.

Thank you.</font>

incoherent people also lack the common sense to realize they're doing this unfortunately.

beef curtains
09-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
jesus i clicked on this out of reflex, and no pet peeves sprung to my head! i must be pretty damn happy right now.

i know! i'm feelin pretty good

Slacker
09-17-2004, 11:29 AM
My pet peeve is threads about pet peeves omg!!!

meow
09-17-2004, 11:30 AM

improbable, but not impossible.

pink_ribbon_scars
09-17-2004, 11:31 AM
i have a lot of pet peeves

i'm not big on whistlers, unless they are good

i hate it when people who are begging me for money are real assholes. nothing makes me much angrier.

i hate it when people honk their horns unneccessarily, unless they're my friends and then it just aggrivates me.

it kills me when the pop machine won't accept dollar bills unless they are perfect. grrr.

i hate people on the bus who talk really loud about personal things. this means most 10-22 year olds.

i don't like it when people are inconsiderate of others, even if that's just the way the person is. it's not really an acceptable trait to me.

i also hate it when people stop dead in their tracks on the sidewalk to have a conversation.

Ugly
09-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Isle

WTF

BAN

here's my impression of Set the Ray to Jerry.

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO
*whine blah blah fucking sexual overtones blah blah whine*

repeat until the listener pukes.

Never Nohen
09-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by So very sad about me

incoherent people also lack the common sense to realize they're doing this unfortunately.

Actually, I think I do this quite a bit. Usually it's because I'm trying to explain some abstract theoretical concept that takes perfectly clear shape in my head, but I don't realize until I start talking about it that I haven't worked out the words to articulate it in terms of like, linear description - so I end up kinda babbling and sounding like I'm going around in circles. I've tried to stop doing it, but sometimes I just don't realize it's going to happen until it happens. Maybe I should try writing down my comments first...

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:33 AM

crap

U 4GOT TEH BASSLINE!1! nd teh bumblebees

neopryn
09-17-2004, 11:36 AM
people who demand i move from my prime seat in class so that 2 sluts can sit next to him.

Ugly
09-17-2004, 11:37 AM

U 4GOT TEH BASSLINE!1! nd teh bumblebees

a good bassline and some snazy drumming do not a good song make.

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by neopryn
people who demand i move from my prime seat in class so that 2 sluts can sit next to him.

girls used to come up to me in class saying "AWW can i sit here so i can be with my friend??!?!" and i was always too gentlemanly to tell them to fuck off:mad:

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:38 AM

a good bassline and some snazy drumming do not a good song make.

ITS A GOOD SONG.

murgle
09-17-2004, 11:39 AM
THE SOUND OF PEOPLE EATING.
It makes me physically ill. I want to vomit when I hear someone just smacking/chomping away.

This is why I wanted to murder my roomate in Austin. She chewed like a cow. Hence the nickname, MooCow. *chomp chomp slurp talk chomp smack smack chomp* AHHHH

Also, I despise having wet socks. Hate it with a passion.

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
NOT GETTING MY WAY.
:mad:

THEN U DIE.

neopryn
09-17-2004, 11:48 AM

girls used to come up to me in class saying "AWW can i sit here so i can be with my friend??!?!" and i was always too gentlemanly to tell them to fuck off:mad: At least it was a girl so you could be all "Sure thing baby, anything for a beautiful woman." This guy was a pretty boy jock fratboy who I wanted to punch in the face.

spava
09-17-2004, 11:50 AM
joint cracking
nail filing
slow walkers
christians

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by neopryn
At least it was a girl so you could be all "Sure thing baby, anything for a beautiful woman." This guy was a pretty boy jock fratboy who I wanted to punch in the face.

fair play. i really should have just said "hey girlie, why doncha sit on my lap?"

yeah that would have worked

Ugly
09-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by spava
joint cracking
nail filing
slow walkers
christians

cramped joints
ungroomed fingernails
fast walkers
atheists

jczeroman
09-17-2004, 11:53 AM
I've been trying really hard to just relax about things lately. I think it is working because I don't really have anything I want to post here.

Isle
09-17-2004, 11:55 AM

slow walkers

agreed. a few days ago i was walking to my house and the pavement was really thin. there were these two little boys about 11 years old, walking home from school and babbling nonsense and they knew i was behind them but didn't budge. so i walked around them and got ahead, when one of them said in a snooty little rat voice "it's rude to overtake unless you're on the motorway!" so i said "fuck off you little cunt!!" and they got scared :rofl:

spava
09-17-2004, 11:56 AM

cramped joints
ungroomed fingernails
fast walkers
atheists

awww... let's hump.

neopryn
09-17-2004, 11:56 AM
slow walkersblack people walk really slow. it's my least favorite thing about them.

spava
09-17-2004, 11:57 AM

"it's rude to overtake unless you're on the motorway!" so i said "fuck off you little cunt!!" and they got scared :rofl:

ahaha... crazy brits!

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:06 PM
being called BUDDY.

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:07 PM
oh and everyone who gets annoyed with slow walkers should learn to lighten up a little and relax. god forbid someone should actually ENJOY their walk.

walking's pretty awesome, you just have to get your head up every once and a while and appreciate the scenery.

spava
09-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
oh and everyone who gets annoyed with slow walkers should learn to lighten up a little and relax. god forbid someone should actually ENJOY their walk.

walking's pretty awesome, you just have to get your head up every once and a while and appreciate the scenery.

don't get me wrong - i love walking too. but when you're late for class and there are a bunch of chinese tourists in front of you in a group so large that it's impossible to "overtake" them, as isle would say, then i get a little peeved. that IS the point of this thread.

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:20 PM

don't get me wrong - i love walking too. but when you're late for class and there are a bunch of chinese tourists in front of you in a group so large that it's impossible to "overtake" them, as isle would say, then i get a little peeved. that IS the point of this thread.

OH NO I'M LATE FOR CLASS!! I'D BETTER GET THERE IN 2 MINUTES INSTEAD OF 4 BECAUSE IT MAKES SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

whatever. slow down. everyone's always saying they hate how fast the world moves, and then when they're late they start freaking out and rush to get wherever the hell they're supposed to be.

walk the talk.

spava
09-17-2004, 12:25 PM

OH NO I'M LATE FOR CLASS!! I'D BETTER GET THERE IN 2 MINUTES INSTEAD OF 4 BECAUSE IT MAKES SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

whatever. slow down. everyone's always saying they hate how fast the world moves, and then when they're late they start freaking out and rush to get wherever the hell they're supposed to be.

walk the talk.

ok maybe not class, but if im going to work and a 2 minute difference is going to get me into trouble or whatever, then yeah, i'd like to be on time. besides, i'd rather spend more time at home relaxing, or enjoying myself with friends before class or work then being stuck behind a group of slow walkers. if i have to travel a little faster to get where im going, and have more time to spend doing what i really want, then that's where my priorities are.

why are we arguing about this.

meow
09-17-2004, 12:28 PM
if you are going to be late for class, dont bother coming at all

spava
09-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by meow

atta girl, kim.

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:31 PM

ok maybe not class, but if im going to work and a 2 minute difference is going to get me into trouble or whatever, then yeah, i'd like to be on time. besides, i'd rather spend more time at home relaxing, or enjoying myself with friends before class or work then being stuck behind a group of slow walkers. if i have to travel a little faster to get where im going, and have more time to spend doing what i really want, then that's where my priorities are.

why are we arguing about this.
because you're a petty little bitch who doesn't have the patience to take 20 seconds to walk around a couple of slow walkers.

p.s. respect yo eldas!

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:34 PM

why the fuck not? i'm not bothering anybody by slipping in the back.

i pay a shitload of money for my university education, so they'd better let me get my money's worth. i know it's a little disrespectful for the prof, so it's not like i do it on purpose, nor do i do it often.

meow

atta girl, kim.
well seriously. why disturb the class? if i was a prof, i would be like 'okay if you are more than 5 min late, DONT COME'

seriously. all the seats at the back are taken right away, so you have to make a big scene coming in with all your shit and sitting at the front.

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ACCOMODATE YOU. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS LATE.

/rant

spava
dude! the fact is, i do have the patience. i'm not making a huge fuss when i do, obviously. i can still be 'peeved' about it though, in my mind..

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:37 PM

well seriously. why disturb the class? if i was a prof, i would be like 'okay if you are more than 5 min late, DONT COME'

seriously. all the seats at the back are taken right away, so you have to make a big scene coming in with all your shit and sitting at the front.

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ACCOMODATE YOU. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS LATE.

/rant
because i pay $80 per fucking lecture. that's why.
not to mention that i miss a lot of valuable information if i don't go.

why does it have to be a big scene anyway? i don't even carry a backpack half the time.
i'm quiet and respectful throughout the lecture. i just happen to be a little tardy once and a while because i have to walk my dog because no one else has done it or something like that.

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:38 PM
dude! the fact is, i do have the patience. i'm not making a huge fuss when i do, obviously. i can still be 'peeved' about it though, in my mind..

i take pride in peeving people like you. stop tailgating me motherfucker, i'm just going to slow down.

Phoenix Down
09-17-2004, 12:38 PM

lol.

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix Down

lol.

don't interrupt our flame war, bitch.

spava
09-17-2004, 12:44 PM

i take pride in peeving people like you. stop tailgating me motherfucker, i'm just going to slow down.

i fart in your general direction. you and everyone like you!

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:45 PM

i fart in your general direction. you and everyone like you!
and i light a match to it and burn your anus, bitch!

spava
09-17-2004, 12:46 PM

and i light a match to it and burn your anus, bitch!

i am strangely turned on right now.

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:47 PM

i am strangely turned on right now.
that's it, i'm coming to TO

spava
09-17-2004, 12:50 PM

that's it, i'm coming to TO

oh great.. more slow tourists.

*secretly excited*

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 12:55 PM

oh great.. more slow tourists.

*secretly excited*
haha

mirrar
09-17-2004, 12:55 PM
keep it up lisa, only 80 more to go!

rubber
09-17-2004, 12:59 PM

walk the talk.

there is so much wrong with your logic I shouldn't even reply but I am:

a) there is often a big difference in being ON TIME versus being 2 or 4 minutes late.

b) Not "everyone" is always saying they hate how fast the world moves so there is no validity to that part of your arguement. I have no problem with fast walkers or slow walkers, but fast walkers should go around without making a fuss and slow walkers should always be aware and leave a way around (especially if they are in groups).

that bitch kristin
09-17-2004, 01:00 PM
loud people, but i love debra anyway.
people that don't appreciate what i've done for them.
anyone that gets upset because they feel entitled to something like when someone thinks THEY should have won the lottery.
really cute boys always having gfs.
getting hung up on one word in spanish and being unable to answer a question.
when people interrupt.
when people talk over people and get loud.
when i say something stupid right as everyone stops talking and then i have to explain it.
girls that always say they're fat.
my english teacher counting attendance by the outlines for the stories/poems we read. nazi bastard.

spava
09-17-2004, 01:07 PM
keep it up lisa, only 80 more to go!

you're on to me...

phaedrus
09-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by rubber

there is so much wrong with your logic I shouldn't even reply but I am:

a) there is often a big difference in being ON TIME versus being 2 or 4 minutes late.

b) Not "everyone" is always saying they hate how fast the world moves so there is no validity to that part of your arguement. I have no problem with fast walkers or slow walkers, but fast walkers should go around without making a fuss and slow walkers should always be aware and leave a way around (especially if they are in groups).

b) oh, gee, i'm so terribly sorry about my generalization. what an absolutely awful one to make too.
a) and i recognize the difference between being on time and being 2 or 4 minutes late, i didn't say that that difference wasn't there. i was just commenting on how people who are going to be late no matter how fast they go don't accept it. you'll get there why you get there. there's no point in speeding and risking lives.

murgle
09-17-2004, 01:12 PM

you're on to me...

I'm trying to reach 1600 before I take a nap. 1600 doesnt even MEAN anything. haha.

You can do it! 5000! woo!

I'm jealous. haha. I need a nap :(

Oh yeah, those slow walking bastards piss me off, too.
And people who will sit in a "designated smoking area" and then cough/make dirty faces at the smokers.

rubber
09-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh ya, I think it is time to unveil my "Theory of Asian Walking Speed" to the public. I came up with this while in university. It simply states,
"The speed of an Asian student in a public hallway, is inversely proportional to the total number moving in the group."

For example,
one Asian - nearly always runs, jogs, or speed walks to get wherever they are going.

two Asian's in a group - travel at a normal speed.

three Asian's in a group - walk slowly together but generally do not impede the flow of traffic.

four or more Asian's in a group - way slower than average walking speed and generally block any normal traffic flow. It is generally very difficult to pass this group.

twelve or more: I have never actually seen a group moving. They just stand in one place talking and stuff. I believe they have to break into smaller groups in order to move.

c

meow
09-17-2004, 02:50 PM

because i pay $80 per fucking lecture. that's why.
not to mention that i miss a lot of valuable information if i don't go.

why does it have to be a big scene anyway? i don't even carry a backpack half the time.
i'm quiet and respectful throughout the lecture. i just happen to be a little tardy once and a while because i have to walk my dog because no one else has done it or something like that.

you don't know how many people in my classes make a huge scene when they come in late. this is why i developed the pet peeve, not from those that slip in the back quietly

stefanie
09-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Oh ya, I think it is time to unveil my "Theory of Asian Walking Speed" to the public. I came up with this while in university. It simply states,
"The speed of an Asian student in a public hallway, is inversely proportional to the total number moving in the group."

For example,
one Asian - nearly always runs, jogs, or speed walks to get wherever they are going.

three Asian's in a group - walk slowly together but generally do not impede the flow of traffic.

four or more Asian's in a group - way slower than average walking speed and generally block any normal traffic flow. It is generally very difficult to pass this group.

twelve or more: I have never actually seen a group moving. They just stand in one place talking and stuff. I believe they have to break into smaller groups in order to move.

c laugh out loud.

ps RACIST!!

rubber
09-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by stefanie
ps RACIST!!

I'm just reporting my observations.

:p

pyramidsonmars
09-17-2004, 06:01 PM
You know what I love? Halloween! The look on a kid's face when he bites into a carmel covered onion!

*Budum PSHH!*

mirrar
09-17-2004, 06:04 PM

you're cheesy

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by So very sad about me

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">"like, um I think that the author is like trying to um, you know draw the reader in to um get interested in the book and I liked that even though he was like making things up which isn't really necessary so you know i guess it's kind of weak to do that kind of thing but I liked the book you know what I'm saying?"
"NO, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!" </font>

sleeper
09-17-2004, 06:58 PM
-i hate having sticky, greasy/oily, or otherwise unclean-feeling hands. if my arm is dirty i dont care, but my hands must feel nice

-i hate cars that treat cyclists like shit and zoom right past you at super high speeds. some of the times if i sneezed and moved a bit too much to the left id get totally smashed and die were one of those assholes passing.

-rude receptionists/secretaries/etc. theres no need for this shit.

-drama queens. if theres one breed of people i have no patience for this is it. girls and guys. also people with no patience

-people who bud in lines. if you do this, i hate you. its amazing how you could get to a concert early, for whatever reason, be waiting in line and some shithead cock sniffer can stroll in an hour after you and just weasel his way an hour ahead of you. its good that canada doesnt allow handguns

-power moms

-edge 102, the toronto rock station. i have so many peeves with edge 102 i could devote a whole thread to it. probably my one most hated thing right now

-people who act fake serious and fake offended at risque or taboo humour.

-"woooo" as a thing to yell at concerts or whatever. especially when girls do it

-those coral necklaces. awfulness

-people who dont listen to the music at a concert, especially those who go exclusively for the socializing. even more so when said peoples socializing lessens the enjoyment of people who are actually there to hear the music

-puns. of all kinds, almost no exception.

-people that take up more than one seat on the bus/subway when its not empty or whatever. especially when its with something small like a purse

-people who say 'bless you' when you sneeze, without any irony

-laziness. in myself at times and in others. what a disgusting quality, a huge turn off

-artists

-librarians, and the type

-impunctuality

-heavy days. days that feel heavy, either because of the barometric pressure or otherwise

-scalpers and other forms of profiteering/price gouging. people who up the price of water bottles during a heat wave, etc. scumy fucking pieces of shit

-vanilla. the smell and flavour. by association, now the the colour

-thongs. ive always thought they were the tackiest shit

-cowboy hats

-people who dont move to the back of the bus when its crowded. are you people just the most hugley fucking retarded assholes in the world? is the concept that difficult to understand. ive seen times where there were literally still open seats at the back but nobody can get on the bus because of a huge clog of low brows.

-celeberity culture and anybody who cares for it. entertainment tonight is a form of torture

-guys who dictate where they go and what they do almost exlusively relative to the chances of seeing or meeting girls. and vice versa

-pedantic and brainwashed asian students

-radioshack

mirrar
09-17-2004, 07:14 PM
-i hate having sticky, greasy/oily, or otherwise unclean-feeling hands. if my arm is dirty i dont care, but my hands must feel nice

-i hate cars that treat cyclists like shit and zoom right past you at super high speeds. some of the times if i sneezed and moved a bit too much to the left id get totally smashed and die were one of those assholes passing.

-rude receptionists/secretaries/etc. theres no need for this shit.

-drama queens. if theres one breed of people i have no patience for this is it. girls and guys. also people with no patience

-people who bud in lines. if you do this, i hate you. its amazing how you could get to a concert early, for whatever reason, be waiting in line and some shithead cock sniffer can stroll in an hour after you and just weasel his way an hour ahead of you. its good that canada doesnt allow handguns

-power moms

-edge 102, the toronto rock station. i have so many peeves with edge 102 i could devote a whole thread to it. probably my one most hated thing right now

-people who act fake serious and fake offended at risque or taboo humour.

-"woooo" as a thing to yell at concerts or whatever. especially when girls do it

-those coral necklaces. awfulness

-people who dont listen to the music at a concert, especially those who go exclusively for the socializing. even more so when said peoples socializing lessens the enjoyment of people who are actually there to hear the music

-puns. of all kinds, almost no exception.

-people that take up more than one seat on the bus/subway when its not empty or whatever. especially when its with something small like a purse

-people who say 'bless you' when you sneeze, without any irony

-laziness. in myself at times and in others. what a disgusting quality, a huge turn off

-artists

-librarians, and the type

-impunctuality

-heavy days. days that feel heavy, either because of the barometric pressure or otherwise

-scalpers and other forms of profiteering/price gouging. people who up the price of water bottles during a heat wave, etc. scumy fucking pieces of shit

-vanilla. the smell and flavour. by association, now the the colour

-cowboy hats

-people who dont move to the back of the bus when its crowded. are you people just the most hugley fucking retarded assholes in the world? is the concept that difficult to understand. ive seen times where there were literally still open seats at the back but nobody can get on the bus because of a huge clog of low brows.

-celeberity culture and anybody who cares for it. entertainment tonight is a form of torture

-guys who dictate where they go and what they do almost exlusively relative to the chances of seeing or meeting girls. and vice versa

-pedantic and brainwashed asian students

-radioshack

I dun like you.

smashingjj
09-17-2004, 07:17 PM
- anything

sleeper
09-17-2004, 07:26 PM

I dun like you.

you wear thongs, dont you?

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 07:32 PM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Three cheers for that. As Andre 3000 says "Naw I don't wanna see your thong, I kinda like them old-school regular draws."

Most of that other stuff is pretty shitty. What's wrong with librarians? All the librarians I've known have been gentle, considerate people. And I'm talking <i>librarians</i> not the fucksticks that work there because they can be really rude sometimes.

Cowboy hats and WOOOOOOO! (alt. YEEHAW and YAHOOOOO!) are staples of being Texan. :mad:

I've never had the problem of people not going to the back of the bus here. You're canadian right? You guys are squares. All the cool people are in the back of the bus. AW HAW HUSH THAT FUSS...</font>

smashingjj
09-17-2004, 07:34 PM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Three cheers for that. As Andre 3000 says "Naw I don't wanna see your thong, I kinda like them old-school regular draws."</font> i ...agree! fuck thongs!

sleeper
09-17-2004, 07:41 PM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Three cheers for that. As Andre 3000 says "Naw I don't wanna see your thong, I kinda like them old-school regular draws."

Most of that other stuff is pretty shitty. What's wrong with librarians? All the librarians I've known have been gentle, considerate people. And I'm talking <i>librarians</i> not the fucksticks that work there because they can be really rude sometimes.

Cowboy hats and WOOOOOOO! (alt. YEEHAW and YAHOOOOO!) are staples of being Texan. :mad:

I've never had the problem of people not going to the back of the bus here. You're canadian right? You guys are squares. All the cool people are in the back of the bus. AW HAW HUSH THAT FUSS...</font>

i wont take back the wooo one at all, but the cowboy hat one a little. i should have said when total non-cowboys wear it.

also not librarians per say, but the people like them. people who read only classics, are strictly academic and pompous, like cheesy poetry, and drink special tea. this isnt exactly a cliche or vague either, ive know people who were all of the above. on a superficial note, theyre also often in that ugly age stage where theyre not young, and not cute-old like a geezer, but like a recently liberated mom kinda old. also as annoying

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 07:46 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">There are no more cowboys but I tell ya, sometimes chicks look super hott in cowboy hats.

rrrrrrrrr.</font>

ImplodingVoices
09-17-2004, 09:45 PM
hmmm people who say guesstimate

the word wimbledon

the word spout

socks and sandles

theres others but im making velveets shells an cheese right now and i gots to go stirs

Nimrod's Son
09-17-2004, 09:48 PM
I hate drama. And thankfully, I've all but eliminated it from my daily life.

ammy
09-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
I hate drama. And thankfully, I've all but eliminated it from my daily life.

doesn't "all but eliminated" mean " i've done everything BUT eliminated".. being the opposite of what you meant? that's alwaus bothered me..

i hate drama too.
and people who are late.

Nimrod's Son
09-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ammy

doesn't "all but eliminated" mean " i've done everything BUT eliminated".. being the opposite of what you meant?

i hate drama too.
and people who are late. If you ever deal with another human, there is to be a small modicum of drama that will infiltrate, but it doesn't affect me directly and doesn't upset me.

Would I have been better served by saying "almost eliminated every shred of drama"?

ammy
09-17-2004, 09:53 PM
i jsut aways read that phrase to litterally mean.. "i've done everything besides eliminate.." or "i would do everything but eliminate" implying that you wan to keep the subject.. ?
it never made sense to me, i mean, i know what it means.. but.. nevermind :(

Uroboros
09-17-2004, 11:19 PM
people that wear their collars up :dead:

Lie
09-18-2004, 02:51 AM

For example,

This is hilarious. Especially the part about the one Asian jogging or speed walking, but I think this is especially true of Asian females with short hair. When my boyfriend and I are walking around near the university downtown, we've gotten into the habit of saying, "uh-oh, rapidly traveling Asian" every time one comes around the corner.

Lie
09-18-2004, 02:52 AM
Yeah, and you know what I hate? Pet peeves threads. Man, those really piss me off.

murgle
09-18-2004, 02:57 AM
I can't stand it when my hands feel dirty.

It's on the verge of OCD.

Lie
09-18-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by murgle
I can't stand it when my hands feel dirty.

It's on the verge of OCD.

God, I can't stand people with OCD. It's like, a pet peeve or something. Go away.

murgle
09-18-2004, 03:21 AM
bah

ImplodingVoices
09-18-2004, 12:57 PM
people who type in all caps

people who are stubborn and will never admit when they are wrong

the show dharma and greg

all reality tv

hockey

people who say oh my goodness

Eulogy
09-18-2004, 02:01 PM

np: Set the Ray to Jerry

fuck off.

Eulogy
09-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ammy
i jsut aways read that phrase to litterally mean.. "i've done everything besides eliminate.." or "i would do everything but eliminate" implying that you wan to keep the subject.. ?
it never made sense to me, i mean, i know what it means.. but.. nevermind :(

Ha. It just means that you've done everything you can to get rid of it....and you've gotten really close. but obviously there's still a little bit. So you've 'all but eliminated' it.

That was a horrible explanation! I am sorry.

bonsor
09-18-2004, 02:35 PM
walmart. everything about it.

i hate that as a college student with almost no displosable income, walmart caters exactly to me since i can get food there for much less than anywhere else. a gallon of soymilk is less than four dollars there. that's insane.

i hate that they constantly inject this piece of common knowledge into the american public that they are the world's largest employer while they skillfully grace over the fact they've destroyed about 3 times as many jobs as they've created.

i hate going to walmart after a long day of work to do some grocery shopping and being surrounded by rude ass motherfuckers who decided to take all seven of their rude ass motherfucking kids to walmart with them at 11pm on a tuesday. they straddle the entire aisle making it impossible for me to get by. their stupid puerto rican children jump in front of my cart at any opportunity. they go into the self checkout line with four carts full of 200 items but only because the 20 items or less express lane has rejected them.

other things i hate:
slow walkers
people who don't know what a yeild sign is
people who drive through red lights
loud people who are not on a stage

oui henri
09-18-2004, 03:22 PM
i really don't like when i'm walking anywhere and there's a group of people coming toward me and I'M the one who has to get out of the way.

That's pretty much it.

pink_ribbon_scars
09-18-2004, 03:23 PM
people who dont move to the back of the bus when its crowded. are you people just the most hugley fucking retarded assholes in the world? is the concept that difficult to understand. ive seen times where there were literally still open seats at the back but nobody can get on the bus because of a huge clog of low brows.

good call. so annoying.

i feel weird quoting since i'm one of the types of people you hate. oh well, i guess i already knew and it is okay.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars

i feel weird quoting since i'm one of the types of people you hate. oh well, i guess i already knew and it is okay.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">You wear cowboy hats?</font>

sleeper
09-18-2004, 05:31 PM

good call. so annoying.

is it because youre an artist? i dont hate you, i like you. i like your art and once i do that i can never hate the person. seriously, i cant.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-18-2004, 05:44 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">You hate people that hang out at Starbucks and say they're artists when they've been painting the same canvas for three years.</font>

murgle
09-18-2004, 06:54 PM
The guy who lives above me.

Right now, it sounds like an elephant is running back and forth through the kitchen and living room.

I like Dharma and Greg :(

avian chaos
09-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Hillzy

I really, really don't want to start one of these debates. But, that is about as far from an interesting little factoid as they come. It sort of seems logical, but really it is just a dumb little statement which just demonstrates that the person who said it hasn't even the most fundamental understanding of evolutionary theory.

I have no interest in the debate of evolution, but I had it when people think that their opinion or public opinion in general, or just some witty quip that makes them sound like they know what they're talking about suddenly constitutes actual FACT.

avian chaos
09-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Man, I'd like to see a picture of sleeper someday. I bet he's the saddest looking motherfucker on this planet.

One thing I can't stand is people who seem to be irritated by 99% of everything that goes on around them.

spava
09-18-2004, 07:08 PM
phraedus, where you at/ im drunk and ready to party and flame you.

Firmament
09-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Commercials! The best reason I should never pick up a remote control. They are duplicitous and stultifying. I mute them of course, but even hearing the first line in them before I clamour to hit that precious M button is enough to instill rage some days... "Mr. Wendy here..."
Fuck

Cars! Overated, ugly, noisy and UBIQUITOS! Can't get away from the bastards... Cities would be so much more pleasent without roads.

Pop culture! no explanation necessary

neopryn
09-18-2004, 07:53 PM
I love commercials lately.

sleeper
09-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by avian chaos
Man, I'd like to see a picture of sleeper someday. I bet he's the saddest looking motherfucker on this planet.

One thing I can't stand is people who seem to be irritated by 99% of everything that goes on around them.

when asked, i find a lot of things questionable and annoying but my general disposition isnt that of a jaded old man, i dont spend my days revelling in hate. were there a thread about things you love id make a list equally as long. and for your own information, im very happy and cheerful looking. look for yourself PIC (http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/jonb/animate/grinch.gif)

sleeper
09-18-2004, 08:49 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">You hate people that hang out at Starbucks and say they're artists when they've been painting the same canvas for three years.</font>

i definately hate those kinds of artists, but its not at all limited to them. i can not relate to most artists. im one too and i want to disguise that better, it is embarrassing.

Silverstream
09-18-2004, 10:07 PM
-loud talking in movies
-people that cut in lines
-really slow drivers on the highway that cause accidents because they are so slow
-insane drivers that weave in and out of traffic and try to get ahead, near killing everyone in thier path
(how hard is it to drive the speed limit??)
-dumb shows like the OC that never fail to suck me in
-paris hilton/nicole ritchie
-small yappy dogs

redbreegull
09-18-2004, 11:44 PM
When morons try to open a bag of cereal and rip it all the way down the side. Honestly, what the fuck?

American elitists who are actually proud of this shit hole and think they are special because they live here, and think they are somehow better than the rest of humanity *cough*republicans*cough*.

Eulogy
09-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by redbreegull

American elitists who are actually proud of this shit hole and think they are special because they live here, and think they are somehow better than the rest of humanity *cough*republicans*cough*.

-people like you

Lizard Queen
09-19-2004, 12:18 PM
People who live in major cities and drive SUVs. The parking in old cities is not designed for something the size of an SUV, they are not being used for what they are designed for, and they're an eyesore.

SUV don't bug me in small towns and rural areas. Or If there's a huge family sitting inside of one.

shaniqua
09-19-2004, 08:25 PM
PEOPLE WHO DON'T WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO GET OFF THE SUBWAY/BUS/STREETCAR BEFORE THEY START GETTING ON IT!

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT GET UP FROM THEIR SEATS TO LET AN ELDERLY OR DISABLED OR INJURED PERSON, PREGNANT WOMAN, PERSON WITH A BABY OR PERSON WITH A LOT OF PARCELS SIT THERE!

DRIVERS WHO HONK AT ME WHEN I'M BIKING!

WHEN PEOPLE CUT ME OFF WHEN I'M NOT FINISHED MY BEER!

WHEN PEOPLE STAND ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ESCALATOR-- STAND AT RIGHT, WALK AT LEFT, DOUCHEBAGS!

WHEN PEOPLE STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF A HALLWAY AND CHAT AS IF THEY ARE THEY ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE. I NEED TO GO TO CLASS, ASSCLOWN!

slow walkers... yep.

WHEN 92374 NORTHBOUND BUSES PASS ME BY IN THE TIME IT TAKES FOR THE SOUTHBOUND BUS TO PICK ME UP!

AND THE WORST OF ALL,
PEOPLE WHO SAY "SORRY"!!!!
THAT WORD HAS BEEN BASTARDIZED INTO MEANINGLESSNESS BY OVERUSE AND INAPPROPRIATE USE!

THANK YOU.

sleeper
09-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by shaniqua
PEOPLE WHO DON'T WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO GET OFF THE SUBWAY/BUS/STREETCAR BEFORE THEY START GETTING ON IT!

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT GET UP FROM THEIR SEATS TO LET AN ELDERLY OR DISABLED OR INJURED PERSON, PREGNANT WOMAN, PERSON WITH A BABY OR PERSON WITH A LOT OF PARCELS SIT THERE!

DRIVERS WHO HONK AT ME WHEN I'M BIKING!

WHEN PEOPLE CUT ME OFF WHEN I'M NOT FINISHED MY BEER!

WHEN PEOPLE STAND ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ESCALATOR-- STAND AT RIGHT, WALK AT LEFT, DOUCHEBAGS!

WHEN PEOPLE STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF A HALLWAY AND CHAT AS IF THEY ARE THEY ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE. I NEED TO GO TO CLASS, ASSCLOWN!

slow walkers... yep.

WHEN 92374 NORTHBOUND BUSES PASS ME BY IN THE TIME IT TAKES FOR THE SOUTHBOUND BUS TO PICK ME UP!

AND THE WORST OF ALL,
PEOPLE WHO SAY "SORRY"!!!!
THAT WORD HAS BEEN BASTARDIZED INTO MEANINGLESSNESS BY OVERUSE AND INAPPROPRIATE USE!

THANK YOU.

wassup baby?

shaniqua
09-19-2004, 09:05 PM
hi sleeper!
i'm procrastinating!
i'm going across the street to buy a bag of chips!

oh and i got a video bootleg of the last xiu xiu show! it's sweet! did you even end up going?

sleeper
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by shaniqua
hi sleeper!
i'm procrastinating!
i'm going across the street to buy a bag of chips!

oh and i got a video bootleg of the last xiu xiu show! it's sweet! did you even end up going?

wait you what... ooh man thats awsome. yeah i went and if we could set up a trade or something, id be very happy

DeadSwan
09-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by twice
people's inability to be silent. that's about it.

pink_ribbon_scars
09-20-2004, 07:34 AM

is it because youre an artist? i dont hate you, i like you. i like your art and once i do that i can never hate the person. seriously, i cant.

yeah, that and

also not librarians per say, but the people like them. people who read only classics, are strictly academic and pompous, like cheesy poetry, and drink special tea. this isnt exactly a cliche or vague either, ive know people who were all of the above. on a superficial note, theyre also often in that ugly age stage where theyre not young, and not cute-old like a geezer, but like a recently liberated mom kinda old. also as annoying

but i guess i'm riding the fence on this one. i begin to fit the description but i'm a lot more down to earth and i read those books because it fullfills me. i love good literature.

but i guess i'll just take your word on this one. thanks a lot for the compliment on my art. i'm getting ready to make some new ones, i'll have to take some pictures and post them.

Tchocky
09-20-2004, 07:58 AM
-people who don't turn off their cell phones at appropriate times

-people who take up the entire walkway inside stores, etc. and then walk really slow

-people who don't respond to emails or phone messages because they're lazy

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-20-2004, 01:52 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">I don't understand why people still believe in the myth of objectivity.</font>

jczeroman
09-20-2004, 01:56 PM
I tried to relax, but this is bothering em today:

People who don't even want to use reason. Not those people who are ignorant, or stupid -- but those who willingly throw away humanity for the moment.

sleeper
09-20-2004, 03:40 PM

yeah, that and

but i guess i'm riding the fence on this one. i begin to fit the description but i'm a lot more down to earth and i read those books because it fullfills me. i love good literature.

but i guess i'll just take your word on this one. thanks a lot for the compliment on my art. i'm getting ready to make some new ones, i'll have to take some pictures and post them.

i read classics too, in fact im reading one now, but i just hate when its exclusively what someone reads, as if contemporary literature is unreadable or for buffoons.

sleeper
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Tchocky

-people who don't respond to emails or phone messages because they're lazy

couldnt agree more. a huge turn off towards the person, for sure. i make a point of not doing this and treating whoever with respect

neopryn
09-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Relinquishing seats on the bus is so 20th century.

Eulogy
09-20-2004, 07:08 PM
people who only IM me when they need a homework assignment.

ugh. fuck you, assholes.

spa ced
09-20-2004, 07:41 PM
- when i'm in the fast lane and i see a faster car coming and i start to move into the second lane and the asswipe is already creeping into the lane i'm in before i'm done moving out of it

- people with out of state licence plates who drive slow in the fast lane

- people whose lives revolve around their cell phone and who talk really loudly on their cell phone yapping about this and that

- when other people aren't letting someone get into a lane and i do the nice thing and let them in and they show no appreciation whatsoever

- people who cut in lines

Junebug
09-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by spa ced

- when other people aren't letting someone get into a lane and i do the nice thing and let them in and they show no appreciation whatsoever

I am so bad about this. I try to let most people in, but if they don't wave or anything I start talking to them like "YES THANK YOU FOR THE HAND WAVE SINCE I WAS SO NICE TO LET YOU IN. YOU ARE SO CONSIDERATE! I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE LET YOU IN!!" and then I feel like my nice deed has been cancelled out by my rude comments. But seriously. is it too much to ask for appreciation?

spa ced
09-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Junebug

I am so bad about this. I try to let most people in, but if they don't wave or anything I start talking to them like "YES THANK YOU FOR THE HAND WAVE SINCE I WAS SO NICE TO LET YOU IN. YOU ARE SO CONSIDERATE! I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE LET YOU IN!!" and then I feel like my nice deed has been cancelled out by my rude comments. But seriously. is it too much to ask for appreciation?

Yeah I know what you mean. I just did this on the access road to get on Ben White the other day. I'm sure you know how bad the traffic there gets. I let this woman get over when no one else was and when I could see her directly from behind I see her yapping on her cell phone and doesn't even bother to wave thanks. I don't understand people.

alisonmonster
09-20-2004, 11:35 PM
This one kid from Toronto in my classes who thinks his artwork is so STREET and fucking original because he does the same shitty graffitti work you see everywhere else. Not even GOOD graffitti based work.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: