View Full Version : another example of how stupid people in the military are

Why Am I So Ugly?
09-17-2004, 12:37 AM
ESPN is airing sportscenter from a US military base in Kuwait this week to "support t**** They had this segment where they picked out an army guy and an airforce guy from the audience to argue about the yankees/red sox. One of the questions was would you rather drive a tank through the bronx or kuwait? The guy from the airforce who's a sox fan said something like "we dont have many tanks in the airforce, but id drop a few bombs on kuwait" Kenny mayne the anchor quickly said, "kuwait is friendly, probably wouldnt be a good idea." I cant believe this shit. dont people in the military know at least what countries they're at war against?

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Why Am I So Ugly?
ESPN is airing sportscenter from a US military base in Kuwait this week to "support t**** They had this segment where they picked out an army guy and an airforce guy from the audience to argue about the yankees/red sox. One of the questions was would you rather drive a tank through the bronx or kuwait? The guy from the airforce who's a sox fan said something like "we dont have many tanks in the airforce, but id drop a few bombs on kuwait" Kenny mayne the anchor quickly said, "kuwait is friendly, probably wouldnt be a good idea." I cant believe this shit. dont people in the military know at least what countries they're at war against?

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">The guy's a Sox fan, he's probably from Boston which automatically makes him a retard but that's a dumb comment even from a Bostonian.

This whole Salute to the Troops thing on ESPN is kind of creepy, I think.</font>

sppunk
09-17-2004, 01:12 AM
ESPN is completely insufferable now.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by sppunk

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">The 25th Anniversary thing has made them really obnoxious. The Salute to the Troops, is weird (1) because it's normalizing the war and (2) they act like sports center anchors are entertainers.</font>

barden
09-17-2004, 01:16 AM
HEíS IN THE ARMY, MEANING HE SUPPORTS BUSH, MEANING HEíS STUPID, AND ITíS JUST *ONE* ADMINISTRATION AND PSSSSH AND IíM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPORTING ACTIVITY IN KUWAIT AND THEY PROBABLY SUCK AT BASKETBALL, BUT I BET THEIR CRICKET TEAM IS GOOD BUT THTAT DOESNíT COUNT CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUSE CRICKET SUCKS AND FUCK YOU I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY COUNTRY I DID NO CRIME, I LOVE MY LAND AND STOP JUDGING ME ON ACTIONS OF *ONE* ADMINISTRATION I KNOW DEMOCRACY BUT ITíS NOT LIKE WE WANTED HIM MORE THEN HALF SAID NO GR OH WHAT AN IDIOT BUSH IS, BUT MY COUNTRY IS GREAT1!!

;)

sppunk
09-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">The 25th Anniversary thing has made them really obnoxious. The Salute to the Troops, is weird (1) because it's normalizing the war and (2) they act like sports center anchors are entertainers.</font> I tried watching the 25th anniversary, but immediately wanted to plant a foot up Berman's ass. They suck, they suck more than ever. I want them to fucking talk about sports and the games. I don't want to hear how someone sent the biscuit in the basket or cranked the ball like a tanker in the war or whatever the fuck language Stuart Scott and his cronies speak these days.

I miss Kilborn and Oberman and Patrick and Gumble ... guys who knew sports and talked like they knew them.

And this troops this is fucking stupid. It's all PR I guess, but why are they even there?

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:19 AM
people in the military arent fucking whiners who sit up at night worrying if theyre hurting some semi-conscious gooks feelings or more importantly, if their neighbors are hurting semi-conscious gooks feelings..

to hell with the fuckin kuwaitis if we learn anything from the whole weapons-to-saddam-and-bin-laden-then-enemies-with-them issue it should be that all those foreigners are only coincidentally our allies. in arabia turning against america as a nation is just a trend like the macarena or trucker hats they dont have any real loyalty to us and ive got no use for them

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 01:20 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Greg Gumbel's the best.</font>

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by alexthestampede
people in the military arent fucking whiners who sit up at night worrying if theyre hurting some semi-conscious gooks feelings or more importantly, if their neighbors are hurting semi-conscious gooks feelings..

to hell with the fuckin kuwaitis if we learn anything from the whole weapons-to-saddam-and-bin-laden-then-enemies-with-them issue it should be that all those foreigners are only coincidentally our allies. in arabia turning against america as a nation is just a trend like the macarena or trucker hats they dont have any real loyalty to us and ive got no use for them

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Kuwait is not Arabia fuckstick.</font>

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:22 AM
arabias not even a country dogbark

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 01:23 AM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Saudi Arabia is and they're the danger no one is talking about.</font>

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:24 AM
... i didnt say saudi arabia ..

alexthestampede
how can u be from texas and be a peacenik.. you should be ashamed

barden

Haha. Youíre pretty dumb, but yeah, that was amusing.

sppunk
09-17-2004, 01:25 AM
how can u be from texas and be a peacenik.. you should be ashamed Shut the fuck up already. This thread is about SportsCenter.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 01:26 AM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">How come you can't even form coherent sentances and seem to have an inability to spell out "you" or use correct punctuation?

I'm not a peacenik but I know that what's happening now is making the world more dangerous, not less.</font>

kiwi
09-17-2004, 01:28 AM

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:31 AM
making the world more dangerous??
what are we gonna do in our safe world.. jerk off all day and talk about washed up bands.. i wish we would start a war with north korea so i could enlist

PS: if youre gonna go "holier than thou" punctuation is probably not the strongest grounds to launch that offensive on

sppunk
09-17-2004, 01:33 AM
i wish we would start a war with north korea so i could enlist
What the fucking hell are you talking about? Go enlist now. I'd love to read about your dead body whie I write the standard "Two Americans killed by car bomb near Baghdad" headline tomorrow.

kiwi
09-17-2004, 01:33 AM
what are we gonna do in our safe world.. jerk off all day and talk about washed up bands.. i wish we would start a war with north korea so i could enlist
We should start wars for your entertainment.

O..........k.

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:36 AM
my body in iraq wouldnt make the papers but my moving truck full of fertilizer at the ACLU headquarters just might
:D
JAYKAY

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:37 AM
anyway thats the point of the war in korea so i could die like the ppl died in the other korean war and not like some jewish civilian

barden
09-17-2004, 01:40 AM
what are we gonna do in our safe world.. jerk off all day and talk about washed up bands..

Itís simple really. I was thinking about this yesterday, in far more detail, but simply:

The Human Race needs to evolve to the point where weíre bored and lazy. Factors like hunger or starvations, sickness, housing etc, will not be a problem anymore when we sort this economy shit out and everyone makes more money then they needs.
Once we reach this physical boundary, weíll need to focus on the mental, cause weíre quick learners as a species, and get bored easily, which is key to our survival.

Then our idle brains will need to focus on what it doesnít already control and comprehend. Leading to a mental focus, telepathic communication of emotions, sincere connection between minds, reality in fantastical thoughts, escapes, mental progression etc etc etc etc.

So when we fuck this world up beyond habitation and the desperate space relocation plans fail, weíll say, ĎHey, I donít need all this physical shit, itís all really in my mind, and I can hop on off any time I pleaseí

And thatís how we ensure our survival. And evolution is all about survival, so itís logical too.

And when we take that step, time and space (which you cant have without the other) will no longer limit us. And Aliens are really our own evolved selves, watching and monitoring ourselves in the present (but their present too) to make sure we basically stay on course, and learning more about ourselves by watching ourselves in that subjective manner.

War does not accomodate our evolution.

Duh.

Elvis The Fat Years
09-17-2004, 01:40 AM
why do they have those microphones that make them look like they're working the drive thru at burger king? that really annoys me.

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:48 AM
-.- well you think perfection is taking it easy and i dont so thats all there is well have to agree to disagree

barden
09-17-2004, 01:50 AM
-.- well you think perfection is taking it easy and i dont so thats all there is well have to agree to disagree
I think I need to understand what you say first.

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:53 AM
im saying the highest ultimate goal in my life/ my dream for the world isnt that everyone everywhere have the leisure to live to be 65 and drive a nice car and spend 6 hours a day amusing themselves.. first off i dont care much about what other people do and second off id rather do something exciting or violent than just live like i was in a waiting room for dying old and fat.. even if the army isnt your thing i can tell u democrats let that energy out somehow, mostly by protesting.. everyones revolutionary chic now its so gross.. u guys ruined it for the cool rebels

barden
09-17-2004, 01:56 AM
im saying the highest ultimate goal in my life/ my dream for the world isnt that everyone everywhere have the leisure to live to be 65 and drive a nice car and spend 6 hours a day amusing themselves.. first off i dont care much about what other people do and second off id rather do something exciting or violent than just live like i was in a waiting room for dying old and fat.. even if the army isnt your thing i can tell u democrats let that energy out somehow, mostly by protesting.. everyones revolutionary chic now its so gross.. u guys ruined it for the cool rebels

Donít you want there to be a point to all of this?

HmmmÖ.

HowÖ Boring.

You just live to live.

And ten itís over.

Maybe in between youíll do something violent. Cool. Great.

And what I said is a little more complex then everyone having a nice car and house. Thatís just step one. And an understatement too.

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 01:58 AM
,... the point was that i didnt "just want to live" thats what all those anti war pro abortion whiners want to do.. they are only out to increase the comfort level in their own lives

barden
09-17-2004, 02:02 AM
,... the point was that i didnt "just want to live" thats what all those anti war pro abortion whiners want to do.. they are only out to increase the comfort level in their own lives

Yes, and I think, for now, thatís important.

Did you read what I posted?

Haha. Oh well.

barden
09-17-2004, 02:05 AM
Weíve tried the bashing each other over the head with rocks till you do as I say thing. It doesnít work.

Itís primal. Itís working against our big picture plans. Thereís no point. The world is beyond that now.

Sure, weíre animals. But your anger is distorted and unjustified when itís planned in such details and on such a scale.

Itís time to move on. War is stupid. Iíd think everyone could accept that by now, but thereís still things like homophobia and racism too, so who am I kidding?

As a race, weíre still pretty dumb. Which is disappointing. Iím kinda hoping weíll see some kind of evolutionary step within our lifetime. But, based on shit like this, Iím not so confident anymore.

severin
09-17-2004, 02:07 AM
the meaning of life is to find out the meaning of life.

once you know this, like i do, your life pretty much has no meaning anymore, because you found out the meaning and thus took away the meaning of your life. i just stay on because i don't really have anywhere else to go, and the party seems to be ok.

i wasn't even stoned when i thought about this....

kiwi
09-17-2004, 02:07 AM
"just want to live"

pro abortion
hmmmmm

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 02:08 AM
-.- you still are speaking in terms of war failing as a means to an ends.. im just saying i wish i had not wussed out of joining the army because id rather be fighting somewhere than studying fucking history (omg i looked on my reqs.. i have to take history for like 3 1/2 years for a degree in fucking chemistry?!?!) the only thing im afraid of is another 4 years passing me by th way hich school did

severin
09-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by severin
the meaning of life is to find out the meaning of life.

once you know this, like i do, your life pretty much has no meaning anymore, because you found out the meaning and thus took away the meaning of your life. i just stay on because i don't really have anywhere else to go, and the party seems to be ok.

i wasn't even stoned when i thought about this....
mhm, actually, i think this deserves it's own thread...

barden
09-17-2004, 02:13 AM
-.- you still are speaking in terms of war failing as a means to an ends.. im just saying i wish i had not wussed out of joining the army because id rather be fighting somewhere than studying fucking history (omg i looked on my reqs.. i have to take history for like 3 1/2 years for a degree in fucking chemistry?!?!) the only thing im afraid of is another 4 years passing me by th way hich school did

You have a stupid idea of war in your head.

War seriously harms you and those around you. War contains lies, hypocrisy, greed, burning flesh and death.

Thatís a bit of a Radiohead thing. I donít know how accurate I got it to the original though, off my head.

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by ^Agony_Imp^

You have a stupid idea of war in your head.

War seriously harms you and those around you. War contains lies, hypocrisy, greed, burning flesh and death.

"burning flesh" rofl makes it obvious its song lyrics
"lies" and "hypocrisy" i never said i cared about iraqi citizens freedom and if the president lies to the masses to shove a war down their throats i dotn care
"greed" ive got nothing to gain; if someone else does more power to them
"death" ns

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 02:17 AM
god how come ppl jump all over this one but noone reads my bored in dallas post.. im fucking bored in dallas and noone cares

barden
09-17-2004, 02:22 AM

"burning flesh" rofl makes it obvious its song lyrics
"lies" and "hypocrisy" i never said i cared about iraqi citizens freedom and if the president lies to the masses to shove a war down their throats i dotn care
"greed" ive got nothing to gain; if someone else does more power to them
"death" ns

I donít think itís a lyric, just something I found on a site.

Iím trying to say that war is a an ugly, bad thing, and even worse if you have to experience it subjectively.

Thereís no honour in being a pawn, or cannon fodder, or a hired thug.

Itís just, death, and killing, and destruction, and pain, and suffering.

Maybe you get to shoot some big guns and play with some fancy toysÖ

But manÖ Stay in school. Make a life for yourself, donít regret not taking a chance to kill others.

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 02:28 AM
my dads dad was pretty much useless and insane since my dad was in kindergarten and his mom didnt have any kind of real job ever either
my dad raised himself up and built a life out of nothing and now has a PhD and a good job but is dying of cancer and his kids are all not as smart as him and definately wont wind up as financial successes in life and he has nothing to show for years of pietas and hard work and faith, and he told me although indirectly that he regretted not going career in the military after his 2 year tour in vietnam.

i just dont want to end up old and cancer-ridden with nothing to show for my life and surrounded by inferior peoples

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 02:29 AM
anyway dotn let me give republicans a bad name i see things from a kind of nihilistic and miserably existentialist point of view (god i feel lame for using showoff words ) but there are reasonable arguments for heroism in war etc that dont revolve around "life has nothing for me and other people are insignifigant"

barden
09-17-2004, 02:31 AM
my dads dad was pretty much useless and insane since my dad was in kindergarten and his mom didnt have any kind of real job ever either
my dad raised himself up and built a life out of nothing and now has a PhD and a good job but is dying of cancer and his kids are all not as smart as him and definately wont wind up as financial successes in life and he has nothing to show for years of pietas and hard work and faith, and he told me although indirectly that he regretted not going career in the military after his 2 year tour in vietnam.

i just dont want to end up old and cancer-ridden with nothing to show for my life and surrounded by inferior peoples

I donít want to end up old and cancer ridden surrounded by loved ones and family, and yet all I can remember and think of are those people whose lives I took, the people who I put in the very same position I want to get out of, and if theyíll be on the other side when I get thereÖ waitingÖÖ..

alexthestampede
09-17-2004, 02:50 AM
i worry mroe about being an antagonist in peoples daily life than killing anyone.. the guys who are dying in iraq under american fire are kind of living their dream, but i try to be nice to people and say hi to strangers here in america

plus i dont believe in "the other side waiting"

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by severin
mhm, actually, i think this deserves it's own thread...

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Yeah this one has been hijacked and denied anything of value.</font>

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 04:14 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">I'm moving this thread because 1) it's about politics and 2) the newb will be dismantled and lampooned by political board junkies.</font>

BeautifulLoser
09-17-2004, 07:51 AM
This is the gayest thread I"ve ever seen.

jczeroman
09-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by sppunk

Agreed.

Nimrod's Son
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">The guy's a Sox fan, he's probably from Boston which automatically makes him a retard but that's a dumb comment even from a Bostonian.
</font>