View Full Version : NHL lock-out is a great thing

DeadOpera
09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
you nuts man.

RopeyLopey
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Yesterday Jaromir Jagr put on him the dress of his team he grew up in after ten years. Our league with all those NHL players coming home will totally rock. I just pray lock-out will take a whole year.

Injektilo
09-17-2004, 12:34 AM
eh, i really don't care right now.
I'll care more by march when the playoff races would be heating up and the playoffs would be starting soon thereafter, but right now.... meh. NHL hockey in november can't compare to what we just had.

Besides, i'm hoping that some good actually comes out of the nhl fucking itself over.
It needs some sort of armageddon.

Ugly
09-17-2004, 12:37 AM
I don't think the whole season will be shot. I'd be fine with half a season. The World Cup tied me over.

Come January and no hockey, though, I'm gonna kill somebody. Maybe Don Cherry.

Ugly
09-17-2004, 12:37 AM
a good outcome of the lockout -- all these bullshit teams going under.

Injektilo
09-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
a good outcome of the lockout -- all these bullshit teams going under.

that'd be nice.

the downside to reducing it to say.. 24 or 25 teams would be that suddenly 16 of the 25 teams would get into the playoffs. which isn't as bad as the early 80s when it was 16 of 21 teams, but still...

it'd be worth it though. reduce those teams, bring in some price control, and maybe make the rinks a little bigger.... that's my dream for the NHL.
Not that I think any of them will happen...

souvenir
09-17-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
Yesterday Jaromir Jagr put on him the dress of his team he grew up in after ten years. Our league with all those NHL players coming home will totally rock. I just pray lock-out will take a whole year.

I had never heard of that league were they play wearing dresses.

And I thought Jagr wanted to play in Russia ?

STRTG
09-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Injektilo

that'd be nice.

the downside to reducing it to say.. 24 or 25 teams would be that suddenly 16 of the 25 teams would get into the playoffs. which isn't as bad as the early 80s when it was 16 of 21 teams, but still...

it'd be worth it though. reduce those teams, bring in some price control, and maybe make the rinks a little bigger.... that's my dream for the NHL.
Not that I think any of them will happen...

then you think they'd reduce the amount of teams in the playoffs eh??? it's rediculous how long the hockey playoffs take, the need a better system for playoffs.........like baseball :)

neopryn
09-17-2004, 09:15 AM
They need a hard cap, a 70 game schedule, and 24 teams.

Provided the Penguins aren't one of the unlucky 6. :(

souvenir
09-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by neopryn
They need a hard cap, a 70 game schedule, and 24 teams.

The players won't sign a CBA with a hard cap, and they don't want to have 130-odd jobs cut.

Originally posted by neopryn
Provided the Penguins aren't one of the unlucky 6. :(

It doubtfull that they wouldn't be in the unlucky 6 if 6 teams were to disappear.