View Full Version : Bush's convention boost is gone

BlueStar
09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Kerry and Bush running neck and neck in White House race: poll

WASHINGTON (AFP) - As the convention-time boost enjoyed by President George W. Bush (news - web sites) began to wane, he and rival John Kerry (news - web sites) were again running neck and neck less than two months ahead of the November 2 election.

According to the latest Harris Interactive poll posted on The Wall Street Journal's website Thursday, Kerry secured 48 percent of the intended vote, compared with 47 percent for Bush.

Independent candidate Ralph Nader garnered two percent of the hypothetical vote.

A slim majority of respondents (51 percent) said they do not believe Bush "deserves to be re-elected for another four years," compared with 45 percent who said they do, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Bush had enjoyed a slight lead of up to 11 points over Kerry in recent polls, as his party held its national convention in New York at the beginning of the month and as Kerry's records in Congress and Vietnam came under sustained attack.

The survey was the first by Harris Interactive since August, when Bush and Kerry each garnered 47 percent of the intended vote.

The September 9-13 poll of 1,018 adults has a three-percentage-point margin of error.

sppunk
09-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Ew, the Harris poll. It's like, the worst one of the bunch.

But, we'll see in November. I still think America thinks Bush is a true leader, one of them. That sucks, too. :(

jared
09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
thanks to Dan Rather for taking one for the team

tsp gatmog
09-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Just everyone shutup, and wait til nov. 3.

Netphorian Gadabout
09-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by tsp gatmog
Just everyone shutup, and wait til nov. 3. Did 2000 teach you nothing? We'll know mid-December.

tsp gatmog
09-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
Did 2000 teach you nothing? We'll know mid-December.

Well, i meant "we'll know something"

Nimrod's Son
09-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Maybe if Kerry tells us again how he was in Vietnam he'll have a better chance.

Netphorian Gadabout
09-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Maybe if Kerry tells us again how he was in Vietnam he'll have a better chance. Maybe if Bush invents another word he'll have a better chance.

Nimrod's Son
09-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
Maybe if Bush invents another word he'll have a better chance. My point is that the Kerry campaign is the most mismanaged campaign since Dukakis, and probably moreso since Dukakis never had a realistic shot at winning.

tsp gatmog
09-16-2004, 07:05 PM
My point is that the Kerry campaign is the most mismanaged campaign since Dukakis, and probably moreso since Dukakis never had a realistic shot at winning.

+ won

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-16-2004, 07:27 PM
My point is that the Kerry campaign is the most mismanaged campaign since Dukakis, and probably moreso since Dukakis never had a realistic shot at winning.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Democraps really are panty waisted bitches.</font>

Marginalia
09-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Kerry comes from behind in the end though. At least he did in the primaries. He was totally counted out until the very last weeks, when Dean's lead evaporated.

We'll see. He's a tough campaigner.

BlueStar
09-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Marginalia
Kerry comes from behind in the end though. At least he did in the primaries. He was totally counted out until the very last weeks, when Dean's lead evaporated.

We'll see. He's a tough campaigner.

Indeed. Kerry is at his best when he is behind.

However, that being said, I see shades of the Gore campaign in the Kerry campaign. :erm

Corganist
09-17-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah. The boost is gone all right....:rolleyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/polls/2004-09-17-gallup-poll.htm

Bush is up 55 to 42 now among likely voters in this week's USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll.

Future Boy
09-17-2004, 02:08 AM
You showed her!

sppunk
09-17-2004, 02:14 AM
HEY ALL RIGHT WE'RE COMPARING POLLS THAT DON'T MEAN A GODDAMN THING TOTALLY AWESOME THIS WORKED SO WELL FOUR YEARS AGO AND THE FOUR BEFORE THAT AND THE FOUR BEFORE THAN AND THE FOUR ....

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 05:16 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Polling is wack.</font>

Corganist
09-17-2004, 08:50 AM
I agree polls don't really mean anything. And I don't really know or care whether or not the Gallup poll is more reliable than the Harris Interactive or not. (I assume it is, but I could be wrong). My point is that if you're gonna make a bold statement like saying that Bush's bounce has disappeared, then you probably should wait until you've got more than one poll to support your claim.