View Full Version : it finally arrives to DVD on Nov 30th


strange_one
09-16-2004, 10:51 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002XVQNU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

strange_one
09-16-2004, 10:52 AM
<font color=33FFFF> there IS a god people</font>

C33
09-16-2004, 10:58 AM
i've never seen it, due to everyone claiming its suckiness

strange_one
09-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33
i've never seen it, due to everyone claiming its suckiness
<font color=33FFFF> read the top of the image</font>

C33
09-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF> read the top of the image</font>
the extra scenes will make it less bad?

ShadowStabbing
09-16-2004, 11:04 AM
extra scenes?! they were holding out on me!

theZEITGEIST
09-16-2004, 11:07 AM
I didn't like it first time but when I watched it again I...it was even worse.Ben Affleck? Please.God.No.

funnygeezus
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
so what's different?

The Gaddrow
09-16-2004, 11:30 AM
I'll watch it when they edit out all of the scenes with Ben Affleck.

denial
09-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33

the extra scenes will make it less bad?

how?

the extra scenes must be so shit they were not deemed fit enough for the original version.

god, I hate that film
ben affleck is the devil

C33
09-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by denial


how?

the extra scenes must be so shit they were not deemed fit enough for the original version.

god, I hate that film
ben affleck is the devil
i meant that as a question

strange_one
09-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by funnygeezus
so what's different?
<font color=33FFFF> the film that was released in theatres was far different from the director's and actor's vision to begin with. Fox pretty much edited the entire thing down to a fight fest and love story without any real character development outside of that.

basically there will be an extra 20-30 minutes added and alot of the violence is much more graphic - therefore this DVD is set to have an R rating.

one major scene that was cut involves a starring spot by Coolio, another is Kingpin getting angry and taking out his frustration on some henchmen. some others are Murdock dealing with a case in court, some more interaction wit Matt and Elektra on the rooftop where he ends up walking away from her, a confessional scene in the church and also a possible Bullseye origin.

even though it is only a small amount of time added onto the original film I think it will change it dramatically, and maybe some you fucks will finally see why I deem it the best recent superhero film of all</font>

neopryn
09-16-2004, 12:13 PM
I like Affleck, if only for his work in the Kevin Smith movies, but this movie sucks giant balls.

strange_one
09-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by denial


how?

the extra scenes must be so shit they were not deemed fit enough for the original version.


<font color=33FFFF> see, this is how most people would react without bothering to read into it. the novelization of Daredevil is basically what the screenplay was meant to be before Fox fucked with it too much to make it suitable for a younger audience. I've read the novel and there is ALOT that was scrapped</font>

Affectation
09-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by strange_one
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002XVQNU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg Yeah! You fucking creep faggot. That movie was shit.

twilightfadez
09-16-2004, 12:27 PM
ben affleck is such a douche bag

hey douche bag!

Ugly
09-16-2004, 12:46 PM
I wanna see this, an "R-rated" cut is more in-line with some of Frank Miller's original comics. I haven't really watched Daredevil since I saw it in the theatres. I want this R-rated cut to be more fresh in my mind.

strange_one
09-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
I wanna see this, an "R-rated" cut is more in-line with some of Frank Miller's original comics. I haven't really watched Daredevil since I saw it in the theatres. I want this R-rated cut to be more fresh in my mind.

<font color=33FFFF> I knew you'd at least understand</font>

jared
09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
in 5 days!!:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002ERXBS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

strange_one
09-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
I wanna see this, an "R-rated" cut is more in-line with some of Frank Miller's original comics. I haven't really watched Daredevil since I saw it in the theatres. I want this R-rated cut to be more fresh in my mind.
<font color=33FFFF> also man I bought Star Trek TOS box yesterday. the packaging is pretty shit but the eps have never looked better</font>

Ihaman
09-16-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't think anything can save that movie from being any more retarded than it already was.

I take that back, if the whole thing were filmed in his SOUND-VISION, it'd be pretty cool.

Ugly
09-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF> also man I bought Star Trek TOS box yesterday. the packaging is pretty shit but the eps have never looked better</font>

I'm gonna wait till X-mas maybe. Most of the good TOS episodes are in the first season anyway.

I got MADROX yesterday by Peter David. That was one sick ass cool comic. I don't know f-all about these characters but it was a hellova introductory issue.

And as much as I do acknowledge that Daredevil doesn't suck flat out balls as everyone says I still think you're nuts for saying its the BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE IN RECENT MEMORY EVER.

Seriously, Spidey 2 and X2 are my favs. Heck at least HULK tried to play around with the psychological underpinnings of the character.

Daredevil is gritty, though. Lots of style. Me likey. A little too hard on the cheese at times though, to the film's detriment.

Either gonna buy and/or rent this R-rated cut.

Nimrod's Son
09-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF> the film that was released in theatres was far different from the director's and actor's vision to begin with. </font> Their vision is probably no better than that of the protagonist.

BeautifulLoser
09-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
I'll watch it when they edit out all of the scenes with Ben Affleck.

ImplodingVoices
09-16-2004, 08:30 PM
terrible movie

strange_one
09-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ugly


I got MADROX yesterday by Peter David. That was one sick ass cool comic. I don't know f-all about these characters but it was a hellova introductory issue.



<font color=33FFFF> bastard. the shipping is late AGAIN down here this week so I'm only off to pick my stack up this arvo. I'm looking forward to Madrox tho</font>

Ugly
09-17-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by strange_one


<font color=33FFFF> bastard. the shipping is late AGAIN down here this week </font>

would this be a good time to mention that I managed to snag a copy of EX MACHINA a week early too? :D

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF>
one major scene that was cut involves a starring spot by Coolio


<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">WOW THAT SHOULD BE AWESOME!</font>

strange_one
09-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Ugly


would this be a good time to mention that I managed to snag a copy of EX MACHINA a week early too? :D

<font color=33FFFF> oh fuck you. I hate it when bitches hand out the first look books, I want some of that action! the only store in my city that gets first looks has them on the wall behind the counter and you're not even allowed to look through them.

anyway, just quickly read Madrox and it was indeed a strong first issue, even when I'm not too familiar with the characters.
the first issue of Strange was also pretty good, I'm a sucker for Peterson's art.
also have you seen Ultimate Nightmare by Warren Ellis? the second issue just came out this week, and while I don't mind a bit of decompressed storytelling this book is just ridiculous. in 24 pages S.H.I.E.L.D travel to an underground compound and go in the entrance. THAT'S IT, the entire issue in one fucking sentence.</font>

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by strange_one


<font color=33FFFF>
also have you seen Ultimate Nightmare by Warren Ellis? the second issue just came out this week, and while I don't mind a bit of decompressed storytelling this book is just ridiculous. in 24 pages S.H.I.E.L.D travel to an underground compound and go in the entrance. THAT'S IT, the entire issue in one fucking sentence.</font>


<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Warren is hilarious.</font>

barden
09-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by bittertrance
in 5 days!!:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002ERXBS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:D

I'd buy that.

Ugly
09-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by strange_one


<font color=33FFFF>
also have you seen Ultimate Nightmare by Warren Ellis? the second issue just came out this week, and while I don't mind a bit of decompressed storytelling this book is just ridiculous. in 24 pages S.H.I.E.L.D travel to an underground compound and go in the entrance. THAT'S IT, the entire issue in one fucking sentence.</font>

I'm waiting for the trade for that one. I loved the art in ULTIMATE SIX. Also waiting for trades sometimes makes dog-fuck issues like that one easier to stomach.

Is Ellis writing that crazy as fuck Vertigo series "We3"? The one that looks like "Homeward Bound" but with super-intelligent ninja comando cats and dogs? I read a preview page for that and I was like "Holy shit, this looks fucked".

The Pashing Smumpkin
09-17-2004, 12:14 PM
http://www.enzogiobbe.com/celebs/Ben_Affleck3.jpg

Is he worth $15 million a movie? I mean look at him... No, no seriously, LOOK AT HIM!!! :erm :erm :erm

strange_one
09-18-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Ugly



Is Ellis writing that crazy as fuck Vertigo series "We3"? The one that looks like "Homeward Bound" but with super-intelligent ninja comando cats and dogs? I read a preview page for that and I was like "Holy shit, this looks fucked".
<font color=33FFFF> nope, that's Morrison doing that one. seriously one of the most disturbing things I've read in a fair while, anyone who can't stand the thought of animal mistreatment shouldn't delve into that book. awesome art by Quitely though</font>