View Full Version : Revenge of the Nerds: The Revenge

Ugly
09-16-2004, 03:36 AM
http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=42489

<B>Movie News
The revenge of REVENGE OF THE NERDS
It's a remake, but will Ogre be in it? </B>

<I>You know that you're getting old when movies that you first saw as a teenager are being remade. The latest movie project that is helping to advance old age for kids of the 1980s is a remake of the 1984 comedy picture REVENGE OF THE NERDS, a tale of how the geeks strike back against the jocks and popular kids that was told well before Bill Gates made his first billion dollars.

Putting together the remake are CHARLIE'S ANGELS director McG and his biz partner Stephanie Savage (they'll produce the new NERDS); Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, creators of ABC's new series LIFE AS WE KNOW IT, are writing the film's screenplay; and O.C. star Adam Brody and GROUNDED FOR LIFE's Brett Harrison are co-producing the movie as well as may star in it.

According to the story in Variety, Brody and Harrison came up with the idea for a remake and then pitched it to McG on the set of THE O.C., the Fox series the director is an executive producer of. They took it to Fox Searchlight Pictures, who bought it, and now it's in development.

The new movie will likely feature cameos by some of the stars from the first film (among them former ER cast member Anthony Edwards) and will mirror the original's storyline.

</I>

i_dont_live
09-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

<I>Putting together the remake are CHARLIE'S ANGELS director McG
</I>

he has the best name of any white man, ever.

relaxor!
09-16-2004, 03:58 AM
God Hollywood is stupid. Aaaaaaagh.
I wish it was the seventies. Or the fifties. Just for film, those were otherwise rather shit decades. At least the fifties was. The seventies had some nice music.

ProgressChrome
09-16-2004, 10:02 AM
revenge of the nerds rules
i hope the new one is decent

ImplodingVoices
09-16-2004, 10:12 AM
hollywood is gay they are also making a new indiana jones that just pisses me off

ProgressChrome
09-16-2004, 12:34 PM
they are definitely running low on ideas with more and more remakes every year it seems.

either that or they just figure remakes are a surefire cash grab

GlasgowKiss
09-16-2004, 12:37 PM
For the funny name.

http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon13.gif

For it being a remake.

Logan12
09-16-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm sure it will be a horrible reamke, just like everything else that is remade form hollywood. One of us should write movie, at least we know not to try and recreate good movies of the past.

KrazeeStacee
09-16-2004, 12:51 PM
"Toby, what movie could possibly be
worth drivin’ 260 miles round trip
for?"

"It’s a new film called “Revenge of
the Nerds.” It’s about a group of
nerd college students who are being
picked on all the time by the
jocks, so they decide to take
revenge. I already saw it once."

"Wow, ya really dig this movie."

"I like it a lot, Harvey."

Ugly
09-16-2004, 01:14 PM
I still think Peter Jackson's KING KONG remake is going to be an even bigger train wreck than this.

I don't mind if they remake bad movies, but stay the fuck away from classics, you fat bastard.

And Jack Black too. Jesus.

Fuck you Peter Jackson and a double dutch fuck you to the slobbering LOTR fanboys who back this up.

Fuck!

Coen
09-16-2004, 03:32 PM
OH NO, NOT ANOTHER ONE.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ImplodingVoices
hollywood is gay they are also making a new indiana jones that just pisses me off

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">That should be rad if they do it right.</font>

Nimrod's Son
09-16-2004, 06:39 PM
This is good because I'm sure there are no quality original screenplays that could be produced

Nimrod's Son
09-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh cool, the server time is fucked up again

Ugly
09-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey

king kong fucking sucks, get real

possibly so but I just REALLY hate slavish devotion to Peter Jackson and complete slagging on any and all remakes --- ASIDE from what Peter Jackson choses to make.

Heaven forbid someone says something bad about Peter Jackson! Run for the hills!

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
This is good because I'm sure there are no quality original screenplays that could be produced

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Superbabies was the last great movie.</font>

christian zombie vampires
09-16-2004, 07:29 PM
am i the only one who feels depressingly older from hearing this information? fuck, might as well remake goonies, ghostbusters and jurassic park all starring justin timberlake.

they can't do the original justice though, half of the fun of the original is 80s humor/fashion/culture.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by thrillhouse

they can't do the original justice though, half of the fun of the original is 80s humor/fashion/culture.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">The part with the nerd concert will lose all hilarity when re-made. Devo costumes won't work in the 21st century.</font>

christian zombie vampires
09-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">The part with the nerd concert will lose all hilarity when re-made. Devo costumes won't work in the 21st century.</font>

that's exactly what i was thinking of.

that concert was one of the greatest moments in film history and i consider it untouchable.