View Full Version : What would you rather be doing with your life?

Super Cres
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
I think I would rather be a soundboard operator for some band and just travel the country doing soundboardy things. I have no musical talent so being on stage is out of the question. But I figure I could learn how to tweak the knobs on a soundboard and get ugly groupies that the band doesn't want.

3Marlon3Brando
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
i would like to post on a message board with my friends all day

neopryn
09-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Pretty much anything.

The Pashing Smumpkin
09-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I'd like to post with my message board on my friends all day.

pink_ribbon_scars
09-15-2004, 08:03 PM
At any moment I would probably answer with something different, but right now the first thing that came to mind would be Peace Corps in a town near the ocean in French West Africa. I could totally do that, but I have to get back up the momentum for it.

Other than that, I guess I would rather be living in New York City and being a hip popular young painter. That would rule.

Egadsman
09-15-2004, 08:04 PM
at the moment? ending it

Sepiae
09-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Living in Boston and writing. Or living in Connecticut and being on SportsCenter.

sppunk
09-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Living in Boston and writing, with Sepiae.

GlasgowKiss
09-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Getting my ass out there tracking down like minded musicians. Cant be arsed trying to seperate the wheat from the chaff though.

LittleWing
09-15-2004, 08:29 PM
ROCKING OUT!

mxzombie
09-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Super Cres
I think I would rather be a soundboard operator for some band and just travel the country doing soundboardy things. I have no musical talent so being on stage is out of the question. But I figure I could learn how to tweak the knobs on a soundboard and get ugly groupies that the band doesn't want. this is what i plan on studying in college

Sepiae
09-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by mxzombie
this is what i plan on studying in college

have you run a soundboard for your high school theatre department? i know the campus theatre groups at my college always are looking for sound board ops, and it seems like a good place to start.

spring
09-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars
At any moment I would probably answer with something different, but right now the first thing that came to mind would be Peace Corps in a town near the ocean in French West Africa. I could totally do that, but I have to get back up the momentum for it.

Other than that, I guess I would rather be living in New York City and being a hip popular young painter. That would rule.

yeah, you're me.

only that I want to learn Spanish so I can do this maybe in South America somewhere. As for painting.. I'm really nothing compared to my sister, but I'd like to try... I wouldn't care about being popular, and it doesn't have to be NYC...but yeah...

You and I should go to Tate Modern in London together...at some point :)

DeadSwan
09-15-2004, 10:12 PM
working for some amazing company doing design and/or research, getting paid up the butt for doing so, and having a richard neutra house in s. california. ooh, and a big jet.

mxzombie
09-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Sepiae
have you run a soundboard for your high school theatre department? i know the campus theatre groups at my college always are looking for sound board ops, and it seems like a good place to start. yep we have a class that i'm in my second year of that runs all the shows that go on in the auditorium at school. i'm learning about running sound and lights for a lot of different kinds of productions.