View Full Version : should i go for it or not> help give me some advice

toyschoketoys
09-15-2004, 08:02 PM
i have managed to land on my feet for once> i have always felt that i should do something like this.And now after talking to two good friends one wanting to start a lable and another a desgin logo etc.
i am on my year out of uni, should i give this a bash or just behave ann get one with my year out.

both people are very good guys and i believe in them and what they can do.

i am basically just asking is it worth going for it ? or balls out and always wonder

3Marlon3Brando
09-15-2004, 08:04 PM
so what is it you want to do

meow
09-15-2004, 08:06 PM
just do it

toyschoketoys
09-15-2004, 08:08 PM
invest time and money into a label and desgin company, called toyschoketoys the label will be putting out split singles and the desgin company will basically giving us more money for the label, although chris wanst to do t shirt desings and some snowboard stuff, the snow board scene will be an easy market to breach seeing i stay with two of the best in the UK.
its just the time to do the art and the time to tack down bands and getdistrobuters etc for te lable.

its meant to be an easy year out for me :)

toyschoketoys
09-16-2004, 06:50 AM
well thanks a fucking lot dicks :)

Ihaman
09-16-2004, 06:58 AM
I say go for it, it's a pretty big step and you have a lot to lose....but life is for taking chances eh?

Well, if you guys pick up can I join your team?

severin
09-16-2004, 06:59 AM
i'd say if you can afford to loose the money you'd have to invest then go for it...on the other hand you probably should do it anyways because it would be cool

Elvis The Fat Years
09-16-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by meow
just do it

the product placement on this board is getting out of hand.

barden
09-16-2004, 08:02 AM
I say go for it.

My neighbour wants to do a similar thing. Start up a design company, with him and I.

He said hed arrange to get us two Macs, run a server off my current PC, from his spare room.

How were talking is starting on the side, to see how much it picks up, and if its enough quit our current jobs and focus on that.

Show us some of your design stuff!

mirrar
09-16-2004, 09:25 AM
go for it. just don't invest that much that you're fucked.

Karl Connor
09-16-2004, 09:36 AM
dont do it man. they're just trying to fuck you over

cap'n jazz
09-16-2004, 10:55 AM
do it iain

ps. i'm starting the stevenson college record label because they pay for everything so look out for an acrnym ep olololollll

Slacker
09-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Well first of all you are definately on the right track asking the internet to help you make life altering decisions. Definately go for it!!! What do you got to lose?! 50 years from now you want to be sitting broke in the gutter saying to urself, "oh my fuck I coulda been somebody if I only designed snowboards or whatever in the fuck that was I was going to do that I could barely articulate over the internet. God damn Im stupid LOLzing." Or do you want to say, "Hey throng of hot bitches get over here and give me head I design snowboards and shit"

I mean the choice is yours!!!