View Full Version : one of my very very best friends shot himself today

Mo
09-15-2004, 07:23 AM
his name was thomas, but we called him rudi
at 7am, he took one of his uncle's guns out of the locker, put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger
he left a short letter in which he tells us (he named his best friends - us) how much he's gonna miss us
but... he wrote no reason
the whole school is shocked
we -his best friends- just lay at the wet grass of the soccer field, held each other in our arms and cried like mad

i know, that's not really of your business, but i just wanted to tell somebody

severin
09-15-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by tracy's flaw
at 7am, he took one of his uncle's guns out of the locker, put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger
he left a short letter in which he tells us (he named his best friends - us) how much he's gonna miss us
we -his best friends- just lay at the wet grass of the soccer field, held each other in our arms and cried like mad

i know, that's not really of your business, but i just wanted to tell somebody oh fuck. mo, if you need to talk, call me. or message me, i'll call you

Isle
09-15-2004, 07:30 AM
:(

Mo
09-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
was he in a black metal band?

not funny, you stupid fuck
if it was meant to be funny

and NO, he was not

i_dont_live
09-15-2004, 07:38 AM

you fucking insensitive cunt.

jesus, i'm sorry mo.

i've had close friends kill themselves. it sucks arse.

fuck you Sean Casey.

once again, i'm so sorry. :(

severin
09-15-2004, 07:41 AM
i know netphoria is not really the perfect place to come for posting things like these, but i have personal interest in that matter, and yes this will be the first time i'll abuse my mod-powers to get stupid remarks out of here.

i_dont_live
09-15-2004, 07:42 AM
:rockon:

you have just topped my most hated netphorians list.

Mo
09-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by severin
i know netphoria is not really the perfect place to come for posting things like these, but i have personal interest in that matter, and yes this will be the first time i'll abuse my mod-powers to get stupid remarks out of here.

hm, no, don't do that.
i was aware of stupid guys like him when i posted that.
but thank you nonetheless.

severin
09-15-2004, 07:44 AM

hm, no, don't do that.
i was aware of stupid guys like him when i posted that.
but thank you nonetheless. to late ;)
and it's something that has pissed me off for the longest time anyway. because even with all that netphoria stands for there should be at least a little bit of respect here...

Isle
09-15-2004, 07:44 AM
do you really have no idea why he would do that?

Mo
09-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Isle
do you really have no idea why he would do that?

he was unhappy, cause he HAD to work at his mom's tavern
but we're sure that's not the reason
we have no clue

barden
09-15-2004, 07:49 AM

You really are a waste of a human being.
Nice, I bet some Netphorian lolled. Was it worth it?

barden
09-15-2004, 07:50 AM

i know, that's not really of your business, but i just wanted to tell somebody

Iím really sorry man.

Iím really sorry.

ravenguy2000
09-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ^Agony_Imp^

Nice, I bet some Netphorian lolled.

It was me.

Isle
09-15-2004, 07:53 AM

he was unhappy, cause he HAD to work at his mom's tavern
but we're sure that's not the reason
we have no clue

i think you should take that pic of him down...the irony is getting to me

i_dont_live
09-15-2004, 07:54 AM

i don't know, black metal bands come from that part of the world and their members do stuff like this

plus he wears black.

as a journalist, i wanted to get all the facts

go fuck youreslf.

go.fuck yourself.

you piece of shit.

why dont you go fuck yourself?

barden
09-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Does it really not phase you?

At all?

Cause thenÖ Sigh.

I donít know.

Maybe you need loss in your life before you can appreciate it in others.

Itís just common decency and respect.

I want to flame you badly, and swear and shout, but not in this thread. Or not at all really. Youíre not worth my time.

Mo
09-15-2004, 07:58 AM

he's got plenty of family and friends supporting him.

i would hope he really doesn't give a shit about this place.

you're right.
nevertheless you are an asshole.

Mo
09-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Isle

i think you should take that pic of him down...the irony is getting to me

normally he didn't wear black...

Slacker
09-15-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000

It was me.

I laughed too. Dunno why, but I did

Orenthal James
09-15-2004, 08:07 AM

way to be a cunt.

good job.

barden
09-15-2004, 08:08 AM

he's got plenty of family and friends supporting him.

i would hope he really doesn't give a shit about this place.

Sigh.

Just cause he has support doesnít render the words of others harmless.

i_dont_live
09-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Orenthal James

way to be a cunt.

good job.

if anyone is a cunt here, it's Sean Casey

Orenthal James
09-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by i_dont_live

if anyone is a cunt here, it's Sean Casey

he may be an asshole, but there is always one whenever someone posts a "OMG SOMEONE I KNOW SO DIED" who pulls this shit. I dont know how you cant know it. And even if he didnt, why the fuck would he provide this information to a bunch of people whom he doesnt know? Do his friends not have email addresses or phone numbers?

None of this changes the fact that severin is being a cunt about this.

barden
09-15-2004, 08:19 AM

he may be an asshole, but there is always one whenever someone posts a "OMG SOMEONE I KNOW SO DIED" who pulls this shit. I dont know how you cant know it. And even if he didnt, why the fuck would he provide this information to a bunch of people whom he doesnt know? Do his friends not have email addresses or phone numbers?

None of this changes the fact that severin is being a cunt about this.

So, severin is a cunt cause his cousins friend shot himself, and some prick, instead of ignoring the thread, had to use it as a chance to try be funny?

HmmmÖ.

The logic of this place is warped.

severin
09-15-2004, 08:21 AM

None of this changes the fact that severin is being a cunt about this. he's family, that changes things, at least for me.

severin
09-15-2004, 08:22 AM

So, severin is a cunt cause his cousins friend shot himself, and some prick, instead of ignoring the thread, had to use it as a chance to try be funny?

HmmmÖ.

nephew, but that doesn't make a big difference in this case

Junebug
09-15-2004, 08:24 AM
that really sucks dude. I'm sorry.

Orenthal James
09-15-2004, 08:25 AM

HmmmÖ.

No.

That is not what i fucking said. The comprehension ability of this place is warped.

Many people die. SOme of those people know people who post on netphoria. When that person dies sometimes they make a thread about it. Then it is standard operation procedure for someone to be a bit of an asshole about it, maybe because it is retarded to put this crap on a messageboard where you dont know half of the people who read it.

So severin takes it upon himself to nazi the fucking board, just because he has a relationship with the deceased. I didnt see what was posted, but his explanation was fucking retarded.

Also, i always thought severin was a chick.

EDIT: i spelt retarded wrong

barden
09-15-2004, 08:26 AM

nephew, but that doesn't make a big difference in this case

Still counts.

Family is family.

If I had the power and someone said that shit, in those circumstances, Iíd have banned them. For life.

But Iím kinda rash with my decisions.

pink_ribbon_scars
09-15-2004, 08:27 AM
i hope that he's getting the peace he probably wanted so badly. i'm a little paranoid that death doesn't make things better, but for his sake and mine, i've got my fingers crossed.

good luck getting on.

barden
09-15-2004, 08:28 AM

No.

That is not what i fucking said. The comprehension ability of this place is warped.

Many people die. SOme of those people know people who post on netphoria. When that person dies sometimes they make a thread about it. Then it is standard operation procedure for someone to be a bit of an asshole about it, maybe because it is retarded to put this crap on a messageboard where you dont know half of the people who read it.

So severin takes it upon himself to nazi the fucking board, just because he has a relationship with the deceased. I didnt see what was posted, but his explanation was fucking retarded.

EDIT: i spelt retarded wrong

See my comment above.

You would have too.

Orenthal James
09-15-2004, 08:32 AM

See my comment above.

You would have too.

I dont think i would have. First of all, i have only posted about death i think once, and that was in may. I dont know if anyone was an asshole, but they might have. Hell, you can go search it and post in it if you want, for retaliation's sake.

And you know what, maybe i would have, if i were enough of a idiot to post something like that.

which i did.

pyramidsonmars
09-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Well Tracy's Flaw

I don't really know much about you, but whatever hardship you're going through, I hope you make it out stronger.

severin
09-15-2004, 08:41 AM

i simply thought that a rockon smiley was a bit much. perhaps i was overprotective, but still. i do think that at least a little level of respect should be kept. and by the way i had no relationship with the deceased, but with the guy who posted it.

and no i am no chick..

barden
09-15-2004, 08:46 AM

I dont think i would have. First of all, i have only posted about death i think once, and that was in may. I dont know if anyone was an asshole, but they might have. Hell, you can go search it and post in it if you want, for retaliation's sake.

And you know what, maybe i would have, if i were enough of a idiot to post something like that.

which i did.

So, what is your point?

obscured01
09-15-2004, 08:50 AM
<font color="DAB9E8">I'm really sorry, that's terrible. I hope everything works out for the best.</font>

Orenthal James
09-15-2004, 10:31 AM

So, what is your point?

my previous comment really didnt have a point, and i realized that looking at it now.

My overall point is that S. Casey isnt that much of an asshole, and severin cant just delete shit at his fancy.

Affectation
09-15-2004, 10:33 AM
to late ;)
and it's something that has pissed me off for the longest time anyway. because even with all that netphoria stands for there should be at least a little bit of respect here...
You have no right to do that.

severin
09-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Affectation
You have no right to do that. you wanna start it all over again? i've said all i have to say about it.

Affectation
09-15-2004, 10:44 AM
you wanna start it all over again? i've said all i have to say about it. I'm simply stating your overstepping your bounds. When you force your opinions as policy, that isn't right. I agree that a level or respect should be given here, it's not your place to make it "law."

Varien
09-15-2004, 10:49 AM
And once again, another thread is going down the shitter...

I don't know you either mo, but a loss is a loss, we've all had them and can sympathize in some way, stick it out, you know your friend would have wanted you to be strong for yourself and for him. I'm sorry to hear. You'll be alright man.

C33
09-15-2004, 10:56 AM
sorry to hear that, man. talk about it, to irl people. it helps.

meow
09-15-2004, 11:40 AM
First things first - I'm sorry to hear about your friend... i have had a few dealings with suicide in the past, and am sorta still dealing with a situation now... it is very rough... but know that if you can get through this, you can get through anything.

Secondly, we know netphoria is full of insensitive bitches... perhaps tracy's flaw (understandably) wasn't thinking straight when he/she posted, but posting on the same day as the death probably wasn't a good idea. I mean, if you are going to post it, I would suggest that you wait at least a couple weeks so that you can handle the bad things that some people are going to say. One has to keep in mind that rational thought is difficult in these times.

Now, I always thought that severin was a good moderator, but he really has overstepped his bounds here. If a member of netphoria doesn't know the cruelty of his/her fellow members, he/she will learn the hard way. I did, and possibly many people here did as well. One cannot expect someone to shelter them on a message board, OR in life, for that matter. One will encounter insensitive people every where you go. Though I do not agree with the comments that some display in these situations, it should be expected.

When you force your opinions as policy, that isn't right. I agree that a level or respect should be given here, it's not your place to make it "law."

If a moderator has respect for someone going through a loss, he should have respect for all members equally. No one should get any special treatment because he/she is family, going through a hard time, or any other reason. I know that 'discretion' leads to biases, and equality doesn't exist anywhere in life (especially on an internet message board run by normal people without any rules besides "move threads if they don't belong") but it would be greatly appreciated if our mods would at least TRY to be fair.

wondercunt
09-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Well shit. That sucks, dude. I hope you find some answers, cuz when things are less confusing they are a little less hurtful. Anyway. peace.

Aeroplane
09-15-2004, 11:54 AM
yo, like i said, i don't give a shit

maybe that's what people will say when you die. hopefully not. it's very rare when that's deserved.

meow
09-15-2004, 11:55 AM
yo, like i said, i don't give a shit

and people here should know that others don't give a shit

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 11:56 AM

Bah fuck off. It this wasn't your little nephew you wouldn't say a thing.

Anyone who wants to kill themselves has the right and anyone who wants to mock those actions has the right.

Which black metal band?

meow
09-15-2004, 12:00 PM
i think i would be a good mod. I'm impartial, and there isn't really anyone here that i hate really bad.

ImplodingVoices
09-15-2004, 12:45 PM
im sorry man. its so weird though i have never known anyone who has died before. my grandfather passed away a month ago but i never knew him because he had alzheimers disease. i have never had to deal with loss before i cant imagine what its like

wHATcOLOR
09-15-2004, 12:49 PM
that is a really hard thing to deal with, i had to when i was 17. how old are you? good luck, i'm sure you've got plenty of people to talk to when you want to, but you can still rap at me if you want, and you don't even have to use gangsta lyrics if you don't want.

smashingjj
09-15-2004, 01:50 PM
good luck, tracy's flaw.

As for the rest of this topic, stop flaming Severin cause Casey was the first one to be a cunt. Some people should try to have a little decency once in a while. If being on Netphoria means that anyone can be an asshole in whatever topic he chooses, fine, but accept that the moderators can do whatever they want as well.

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Honestly though maybe the kids better off dead? I mean, sometimes maybe its just the right option for the right people.

It can be sad to lose people but not to everyone. There are several ways to view death.

spring
09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
i agree with what Joeri said. It's so disgusting sometimes when people are being assholes on here and a whole bunch of you feel it necessary to defend them, oh oh..let's maintain the integrity of the board, freedom of speech bullshit...

Anyway, tracy's flaw...good luck dealing with this. Something quite similar happened to me almost 3 years ago, and it was very very hard to deal with. Try to talk to your close (irl) friends as much as you can.. and cry, because it helps. some things you can't understand though, it will be easier when you accept this.

smashingjj
09-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Honestly though maybe the kids better off dead? I mean, sometimes maybe its just the right option for the right people.

It can be sad to lose people but not to everyone. There are several ways to view death. well maybe you should try to comfort people at a funeral or cremation with these helpful thoughts?

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 02:52 PM
I try but they never listen.

My sisters get really angry with me about the way I view death. Its not as sad to me...people die....tis life.

I accept it openly.

meow
09-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by spring
i agree with what Joeri said. It's so disgusting sometimes when people are being assholes on here and a whole bunch of you feel it necessary to defend them, oh oh..let's maintain the integrity of the board, freedom of speech bullshit...

i was going to comment, but whatever happens i will just get frustrated.

people who post here know that there are assholes here. end of story.

Mo
09-15-2004, 02:53 PM
I try but they never listen.

My sisters get really angry with me about the way I view death. Its not as sad to me...people die....tis life.

I accept it openly.

suicide of a best friend too?

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 02:54 PM
If you consider popping pills until it eats your liver up within a span of 2 or 3 years suicide, then sure.

He wasn't my single best friend but he was one of the 5 very cool people I spent pretty much my whole high school time hanging around.

He died within 2 weeks of knowing anything was wrong.

bonsor
09-15-2004, 02:58 PM
was he in a black metal band? not to undermine what tracy's flaw is going through, but i found this really fucking funny.

spring
09-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by meow

i was going to comment, but whatever happens i will just get frustrated.

people who post here know that there are assholes here. end of story.

I know Kim, everyone's well aware of that, and that's why we love Netphoria, for "teh haaate". I just wanted to say there should be a limit, sometimes.

Boner
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
1) Survival of the fittest motherfucker. Obviously, you're friend was gutless and not socially strong enough to handle this world.

It all comes back to Darwin.

2) I don't think you really care about him as much as you'd like us to believe. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it on a message board. I don't believe he was anything more than a casual acquaintance. You're just looking for attention and now you got it.

STRTG
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm really sorry tracy's flaw, we've never spoken on here or in real life before, but my heart goes out to you

I've been through the situation before, and I wish there was something to say or do to make it better, but there isn't, so hopefully some sympathy and compassion from a complete stranger helps just a tiny bit

Oranjes
09-15-2004, 03:31 PM
First of all. I'm sorry to the person who killed himself.. Which means, I should be sorry for his friends and family too... but really you still have you lives and he doesn't... But that doesn't mean I'm not sorry for you too.. ARGH I'm not making any sense.

My apologies "Mo," suicide is a touchy subject with me as it should be with most people. :confused:

Second of all, can I see the picture of the your friend? Maybe a link or something?

Sean Casey... :(

Oranjes
09-15-2004, 03:34 PM
editteddd

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 03:38 PM
HE SO DOES! He wanted to keep the options open so he edited out the hate in order to preserve your lust. He is so screwed now.

The Light
09-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by The Ace of Aces
1) Survival of the fittest motherfucker. Obviously, you're friend was gutless and not socially strong enough to handle this world.
This is such a weak, copout attitude. You're just saying that because you don't understand and instead of being empathetic you just look down on it. There are so many different factors, are you forgetting that people all have different lives and feelings and motives? How the fuck would you know why someone would do that to themselves?

Oranjes
09-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by The Light
This is such a weak, copout attitude. You're just saying that because you don't understand and instead of being empathetic you just look down on it. There are so many different factors, are you forgetting that people all have different lives and feelings and motives? How the fuck would you know why someone would do that to themselves? I concur. A person could commit suicide because of "different factors," or not and become a massive winnar. I bet many of the world's best atheletes, warriors, actors, and leaders could have just as easily committed suicide as Mo's friend, but didn't because of luck and differentiating factors.

How did Sean C. reply to my deleted post after I eddited it?

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Oranjes
I concur. A person could commit suicide because of "different factors," or not and become a massive winnar. I bet many of the world's best atheletes, warriors, actors, and leaders could have just as easily committed suicide as Mo's friend, but didn't because of luck and differentiating factors.

How do you not commit suicide by fucking luck? You're a moron.

The Light
09-15-2004, 04:04 PM
I concur. A person could commit suicide because of "different factors," or not and become a massive winnar. I bet many of the world's best atheletes, warriors, actors, and leaders could have just as easily committed suicide as Mo's friend, but didn't because of luck and differentiating factors.

Exactly. Everything comes down to a moment.

Oranjes
09-15-2004, 04:06 PM

How do you not commit suicide by fucking luck? You're a moron. I'll admit I'm not as smart as you are, but hopefully in four years,(when I'm your age), I won't be wasting my time on a message board. ;)

Also, by luck, I mean fate and the twists that happen in life. Like having people home when you want to commit suicide might influence that person not to do it that day... And then the next day they feel slightly better and realize the stupidity in doing it...

And I always thought you were cool... :angry: :nooooo:

I_was_aborted
09-15-2004, 04:08 PM
I'll admit I'm not as smart as you are, but hopefully in four years,(when I'm your age), I won't be wasting my time on a message board. ;)

Also, by luck, I mean fate and the twists that happen in life. Like, having people home when you want to commit suicide might influence that person not to do it that day... And then the next day they feel slightly better and realize the stupidity in doing it...

If someone really wants to kill themselves they will do it. I think most people who talk about it or say they tried it really never intended in dying. The ones who really really want it almost always finish the job.

Yea, I'm 22. I should be watching my kids and taking them to soccer practice and stuff. I'm too old for this. :(

sleeper
09-15-2004, 05:30 PM
the difference with comments like caseys is that the people who say them arent trying to make a legitimate point but simply trying to incite shit. ace of aces, while i disagree with what he said, is at least making a point he probably believes in. if it ends up provoking people, whatever, i dont think that was the point. but stupid shit like somone coming in and saying "good riddance" or whatever is always just to provoke people and is what i deem idiotic, to the most childish level. censoring it was wrong too, but that doesnt at all lessen how stupid it is.

Nimrod's Son
09-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Aeroplane

maybe that's what people will say when you die. hopefully not. it's very rare when that's deserved. No, they'll probably release a bunch of posthumous S. Tasty albums that will be even more popular now that he's dead.

I'll buy one.

Panama Fuck
09-15-2004, 06:01 PM
zing!

sleeper
09-15-2004, 06:06 PM
why does everything go right over everyone's heads

except for bullets

lol.

youre such a joke, i cant even believe it. youre a parody. i can pretty much predict exactly what youre going to say at any given time

meow
09-15-2004, 06:24 PM

I know Kim, everyone's well aware of that, and that's why we love Netphoria, for "teh haaate". I just wanted to say there should be a limit, sometimes.

no. you risk everything whenever you post. thats it.

Dead
09-15-2004, 06:27 PM
It's so disgusting sometimes when people are being assholes on here and a whole bunch of you feel it necessary to defend them, oh oh..let's maintain the integrity of the board, freedom of speech bullshit...
I agree with this post.

LittleWing
09-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Everyone is gay!

The Pashing Smumpkin
09-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by LittleWing
Everyone is gay!

uh, you forgot the NSFW gay porn pic...

waits patiently...

LittleWing
09-15-2004, 06:57 PM
NSFW...

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/9263/gross1.jpg

sleeper
09-15-2004, 06:59 PM

You're the self parody here. Keep constantly trying to prove how much more mature and intelligent you are.

You're somehow worse than ^Agony_Imp^

you say i misunderstand you. maybe, but the one thing you and your douchebag ilk here misunderstand about me is this whole trying bullshit. i never try, i make a point of it. if i say something and its in some way intelligent, its not cause i stopped my self from saying something immature and forced myself to elevate it to some kind of supposed higher level. i think youre callow and the farthest thing from funny. you think im some kind of ignorant dork forcing a pretentious and deep attitude. whatever. all i know is ive never thought of anythign youve ever said as clever or funny and ill be damned if you arent trying to be both

spring
09-15-2004, 07:07 PM

You're the self parody here. Keep constantly trying to prove how much more mature and intelligent you are.

You're somehow worse than ^Agony_Imp^

you're such an idiot Casey, sorry. I don't think sleeper gives a
shit or is trying to prove anything here.

edit: i shouldn't have called you an idiot. I decided I don't like you, recently, but I still respect your taste in music, so that kinda takes away the 'idiot' part. I should think of a better adjective.

LittleWing
09-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Did everyone see the gay pic I posted!!!??!?!?!

The Pashing Smumpkin
09-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by LittleWing
Did everyone see the gay pic I posted!!!??!?!?!

YES!! and you are now my favourite Netphorian! (Sean Casey can be as controversial as he wants but YOU were the one who posted a pic of 2 gay guys 69ing in a thread about suicide! BRAVO!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup )

Nimrod's Son
09-15-2004, 07:12 PM
there was nothing offensive about my first post by the way

you all just interpreted it as an attack or something
I think your post made a lot of sense when that pic was posted before he/she took it down.

Everyone on here is too fucking sensitive, Christ. He only asked a simple question.

meow
09-15-2004, 07:13 PM
remember the time i posted i was going to kill myself (total bullshit, but that's besides the point) and all kinds of people rushed to make jokes and encourage me to do it?

and was this what you expected from netphoria?

spring
09-15-2004, 07:13 PM
i don't think he was looking for support, necessarily. nobody expected you to do that.

as for you and mayfuck being followed around...please... :rolleyes:

ok. that's it, I don't know why I should be wasting any more time in this thread.

meow
09-15-2004, 07:14 PM
i don't think he was looking for support, necessarily. nobody expected you to do that.

as for you and mayfuck being followed around...please... :rolleyes:

ok. that's it, I don't know why I should be wasting any more time in this thread.

omg free speech for some things and not all.

meow
09-15-2004, 07:17 PM

yeah, of course

there you go.

people who post shit like this should know this is the response they are going to get.

sleeper
09-15-2004, 07:27 PM

sorry for not offering sympathy i guess, but you dipshits could have just ignored it. You seem to have thought it was coming in here and saying "good i'm glad your friend is dead, you deserve it" or something but it wasn't.

you and agony imp and that i dont live twit just want to come up with more reasons you're clearly superior to me because you're above such immature bullshit

goddamn, fuck off. how many of you people honestly care?

hey, i dont think it was offensive i just think it was stupid. i know you werent trying to really piss everyone off, but you know damn well some lame joke like that would be taken that way. you should be able to say whatever you want and not be censored, im not against you there. its just tacky

this has nothing to do with me being superior or anything. i could be the biggest idiot on the boards, but it doesnt make you any smarter. i do like making fun of you though. youre right if you think that is lame, and i thought independant of this shit that i would take five. dont flatter yourself thinking id chase you duds around. its the ubiquitousness of both you and your stupidity that incite whatever i say at any given time

stefanie
09-15-2004, 07:32 PM
i don't get why everyone is arguing over sean casey being a cunt, etc.

i know when my dad killed himself and people made jokes i never was offended. maybe i should have been, but it kind of rolled off. the kid's (mo, that is, don't know why i'm calling him kid, really) probably fine and knows not to take this board seriously, so why are YOU guys getting your panties in such a twist?

spring
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM

omg free speech for some things and not all.

huh?

edit: nevermind, i'm going for a walk.

jenn
09-15-2004, 07:39 PM
My dad killed himself on March 13, 1997... I understand what you're going through. I'm sorry. If you need to talk, I'm on AIM as ever abstract

jenn
09-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by stefanie
i don't get why everyone is arguing over sean casey being a cunt, etc.

i know when my dad killed himself and people made jokes i never was offended. maybe i should have been, but it kind of rolled off. the kid's (mo, that is, don't know why i'm calling him kid, really) probably fine and knows not to take this board seriously, so why are YOU guys getting your panties in such a twist?

You mean my dad isn't...You mean that I'm not the only... Holy shit.

stefanie
09-15-2004, 07:43 PM

he said as much himself

everyone just wants to take up some cause to make themselves feel like they're doing some good

seriously.

it's fine and dandy to offer sympathy but there's not really any reason to get super-pissy at the people who are being assholes. they have every right not to feel sympathy for someone they don't know, and just as much right to poke fun, even if it's a little tasteless.

if someone that mo knew in real life said shit like that, THERE would be reason to get all righteous.

just let the arguing be.

(oh and i am sorry, mo. but i'm sure you'll handle it fine.)

killed radio star
09-15-2004, 07:44 PM
i lost a best friend (well we had kinda parted ways a few years previous) while i was away for my freshman year in college.

i'm sorry this happened to you. try to remember the good in the time you guys had together. hopefully that cold feeling will melt away a bit.

stefanie
09-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by melancholia

You mean my dad isn't...You mean that I'm not the only... Holy shit.

yep. you were probably away from the boards during the whole shitstorm. the exact same thing happened..people made jokes, and other people got all offended, etc.

jenn
09-15-2004, 07:47 PM

yep. you were probably away from the boards during the whole shitstorm. the exact same thing happened..people made jokes, and other people got all offended, etc.

yeah, i've been away for quite some time.

when was this?

LittleWing
09-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by killed radio star
try to remember the good in the time you guys had together.
And get ready to cry for lengths of time if you plan on doing this. It's hard enough when a dog dies. I can't even imagine a best friend.

stefanie
09-15-2004, 07:49 PM

yeah, i've been away for quite some time.

when was this?

april 5th, 2003.

9 year anniversary of kurt cobain's suicide, too.

jenn
09-15-2004, 07:56 PM

april 5th, 2003.

9 year anniversary of kurt cobain's suicide, too.

so...that means you're pretty newly inducted into this club? fun. did you know that at suicide support group meetings you have to say "completed suicide" instead of "committed suidide"?

are you okay yet? or still in facade mode?

stefanie
09-15-2004, 07:57 PM

so...that means you're pretty newly inducted into this club? fun. did you know that at suicide support group meetings you have to say "completed suicide" instead of "committed suidide"?

are you okay yet? or still in facade mode?

i've never been to a suicide support group meeting, so i didn't know that. makes sense, though.

i've been ok for quite a while.

Nimrod's Son
09-15-2004, 07:58 PM

did you know that at suicide support group meetings you have to say "completed suicide" instead of "committed suidide"?
That's kind of stupid. Most support groups are stupid.

jenn
09-15-2004, 07:59 PM

i've never been to a suicide support group meeting, so i didn't know that. makes sense, though.

i've been ok for quite a while.

wow, sounds like you're much more understanding than i was. ot took me a long time to get over the anger. i was really really close with my dad... plus i was told he died of a heart attack for 2 years until i found out the truth. it was terrile. kudos on being cool with it.

LittleWing
09-15-2004, 08:00 PM
plus i was told he died of a heart attack for 2 years until i found out the truth. it was terrile.
Damn...

jenn
09-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
That's kind of stupid. Most support groups are stupid.

that's why i stopped going.

at the time, i needed to be angry with him. they wanted me to feel this super-mushy empathy for him...and think of his suicide like he felt better after it was over with.

and i didn't want him to feel better about everything. i wanted him to hurt more than i did. heh.

i hated those people.

stefanie
09-15-2004, 08:05 PM

wow, sounds like you're much more understanding than i was. ot took me a long time to get over the anger. i was really really close with my dad... plus i was told he died of a heart attack for 2 years until i found out the truth. it was terrile. kudos on being cool with it.

how did he do it?

my dad did the whole exhaust pipe/vacuum hose thing, and i saw it, so i couldn't really be lied to. i wasn't really angry, i understood why he did it. he was basically fucked over to the fourth power. he had a broken back so he couldn't do manual labor, and he couldn't get disability stuff (i don't remember why), he was broke, living with us a year after my parents got divorced, and he had a gambling problem. not to mention he was a huge stoner. and bipolar. we knew it was coming, pretty much.

jenn
09-15-2004, 08:11 PM

how did he do it?

my dad did the whole exhaust pipe/vacuum hose thing, and i saw it, so i couldn't really be lied to. i wasn't really angry, i understood why he did it. he was basically fucked over to the fourth power. he had a broken back so he couldn't do manual labor, and he couldn't get disability stuff (i don't remember why), he was broke, living with us a year after my parents got divorced, and he had a gambling problem. not to mention he was a huge stoner. and bipolar. we knew it was coming, pretty much.

My dad was a Vietnam vet, and had PTSD from it. But he always seemed pretty together. My parents divorced, but my mom was like his best friend. He found out that he had emphyssema (sp?) and freaked out. He quit his job, was in debt... but it was literally something that was so out of character for him, that we NEVER expected it. He took one of his hunting rifles, drove to his father's grave (we were living in NJ, and the grave was on Long Island) and shot himself in the car in front of the grave. He had sawed off part of the gun so it exploded more. He did it so that my mom and I wouldn't have to identify his body. He called the cops on himself. I found out by finding the crime report at my aunts house. Pictures and all...

I was so angry. At everything. Especially at him. I was only 12.

stefanie
09-15-2004, 08:19 PM

My dad was a Vietnam vet, and had PTSD from it. But he always seemed pretty together. My parents divorced, but my mom was like his best friend. He found out that he had emphyssema (sp?) and freaked out. He quit his job, was in debt... but it was literally something that was so out of character for him, that we NEVER expected it. He took one of his hunting rifles, drove to his father's grave (we were living in NJ, and the grave was on Long Island) and shot himself in the car in front of the grave. He had sawed off part of the gun so it exploded more. He did it so that my mom and I wouldn't have to identify his body. He called the cops on himself. I found out by finding the crime report at my aunts house. Pictures and all...

I was so angry. At everything. Especially at him. I was only 12.

that was a really shitty decision not to tell you the truth off the bat. and i cringed at the part where you said 'pictures and all'.

my dad actually was in the garage for about three days before we found him. we thought he had gone down to the twin cities to visit his sister, but even when she hadn't heard from him we figured he was at the casino-hotel. so he didn't actually die on april 5th, we don't know exactly what day he did. it's just easier to say the day that we found him. i was on the computer talking to palidor (..lol.) and my i guess my mom noticed the vacuum hose was gone and it dawned on her, so she told me to stay inside, which of course i didn't, and when she hit the garage door switch it was like 'oh shit'. i don't think i've ever screamed more than i did then.

Shawn Osmond
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Stefie's dad has been rotting for that long already? Jeez it's funny how fast time time flies!

And by the way, every member of this board has a right to say what they want regardless of how cruel or painful it sounds. I think the mods powers should be restricted to managing user accounts and stop members from flooding the board. If I owned this website, I would get rid of all the mods and manage all the accounts myself. It's sad that Andrew Pakula thinks he needs to have all these clowns, most of whom are not impartial, running a board with as few active members as this one.

meow
09-15-2004, 09:16 PM

did you know that at suicide support group meetings you have to say "completed suicide" instead of "committed suidide"?

completed is used so that people don't refer to 'unsuccessful attempts' and 'successful' suicides.

meow
09-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Osmond
Stefie's dad has been rotting for that long already? Jeez it's funny how fast time time flies!

And by the way, every member of this board has a right to say what they want regardless of how cruel or painful it sounds. I think the mods powers should be restricted to managing user accounts and stop members from flooding the board. If I owned this website, I would get rid of all the mods and manage all the accounts myself. It's sad that Andrew Pakula thinks he needs to have all these clowns, most of whom are not impartial, running a board with as few active members as this one.

ONE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO USE AN ALIAS TO SPEAK HIS/HER MIND

Shawn Osmond
09-15-2004, 09:24 PM

ONE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO USE AN ALIAS TO SPEAK HIS/HER MIND

This is not an alias. I am THE Shawn Osmond. But I should have the right to have an alias if I so choose, and I feel that any alias I would have should have the right to post about anything at anytime. If you disagree with that, great. But if you disagree with that and then try to delete my posts like severin has been proposing, then I think you should be locked up in an empty room for a few hours and be forced to read about the Bill of Rights in the U.S. and how important free speech is to our society. (especially if you dont live in the US)

meow
09-15-2004, 09:36 PM
ijust don't think one should feel they need to use an alias, that's all.

Shawn Osmond
09-15-2004, 09:40 PM
ijust don't think one should feel they need to use an alias, that's all.

You're in love with a mod. Your opinion is automatically null and void as far as my point is concerned.

meow
09-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Osmond

You're in love with a mod. Your opinion is automatically null and void as far as my point is concerned.
admin, not by choice

everyone knows i bitch about the moderating here frequently

Aeroplane
09-15-2004, 09:42 PM

you dumb fuck, i was talking about severin editing my post

get the hell off my board

oh gee, my bad. pfft.

Black Somalian
09-15-2004, 09:43 PM

:D haha

spfreak
09-15-2004, 10:10 PM
im really sorry to hear that :(
things like this are always hard to deal with :(

noir cat
09-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Geez, I didn't think SC did anything wrong and I although I don't agree with severin's action, I think he's a good mod and he could have been worse or something.

Meh, everything that I wanted to say has been said. I do'nt konw why I'm bothering to post except I did read this entire post.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the death of your friend, tracy's flaw. :-\

barden
09-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Eh. Where I come from, family = special treatment. Regardless.

meow
09-16-2004, 01:32 AM
Eh. Where I come from, family = special treatment. Regardless.

BEWARE: Agony Imp: Moral Crusader!

barden
09-16-2004, 01:47 AM

sorry for not offering sympathy i guess, but you dipshits could have just ignored it. You seem to have thought it was coming in here and saying "good i'm glad your friend is dead, you deserve it" or something but it wasn't.

you and agony imp and that i dont live twit just want to come up with more reasons you're clearly superior to me because you're above such immature bullshit

goddamn, fuck off. how many of you people honestly care?

Bullshit.

Youíre getting very defensive now that the Netphorian majority has turned on you. You know exactly what your intention was. It was negative and harmful.

barden
09-16-2004, 01:49 AM

BEWARE: Agony Imp: Moral Crusader!

Sometimes I like to think that, yes. I get very upset by certain things, completely unrelated to myself. Maybe itís so that unlike half the rest of you, I donít just sit on my ass and tolerate bullshit.

meow
09-16-2004, 01:49 AM

Sometimes I like to think that, yes. I get very upset by certain things, completely unrelated to myself. Maybe itís so that unlike half the rest of you, I donít just sit on my ass and tolerate bullshit.

or maybe it's because you can't take a joke

severin
09-16-2004, 01:54 AM
i just wanted to let you know that i changed everything back that i changed in the first place, which was only one icon in the first place.

barden
09-16-2004, 01:55 AM
remember the time i posted i was going to kill myself (total bullshit, but that's besides the point) and all kinds of people rushed to make jokes and encourage me to do it?

That should be used for deep and intense self reflection.

barden
09-16-2004, 01:57 AM

or maybe it's because you can't take a joke

Eh, please read your comments in the thread.

You didnít take the joke too well either.

CherubDaydream
09-16-2004, 06:27 AM
sorry for that!!! :(

jenn
09-16-2004, 07:23 AM

that was a really shitty decision not to tell you the truth off the bat. and i cringed at the part where you said 'pictures and all'.

my dad actually was in the garage for about three days before we found him. we thought he had gone down to the twin cities to visit his sister, but even when she hadn't heard from him we figured he was at the casino-hotel. so he didn't actually die on april 5th, we don't know exactly what day he did. it's just easier to say the day that we found him. i was on the computer talking to palidor (..lol.) and my i guess my mom noticed the vacuum hose was gone and it dawned on her, so she told me to stay inside, which of course i didn't, and when she hit the garage door switch it was like 'oh shit'. i don't think i've ever screamed more than i did then.

Wow...and yeah, I understand the thing about screaming...

But Jesus, why'd he do it at home?!

ravenguy2000
09-16-2004, 08:22 AM

Bullshit.

Youíre getting very defensive now that the Netphorian majority has turned on you.

Since when does 4 or 5 whiny cunts make up the "Netphorian majority"?

i wanna die
09-16-2004, 08:24 AM

always

barden
09-16-2004, 08:52 AM

When did you turn into an asshole?

ravenguy2000
09-16-2004, 09:19 AM

When did you turn into an asshole?

I was born one. My first question still remains....

barden
09-16-2004, 09:24 AM

I was born one. My first question still remains....

If you go back and count exactly how many people opposed it instead of guessing a random number, I'll tell you how it's justified.

ravenguy2000
09-16-2004, 09:25 AM

If you go back and count exactly how many people opposed it instead of guessing a random number, I'll tell you how it's justified.

Even though that would only ******* people that actually posted in the thread, and specifically said something about Casey's post.

barden
09-16-2004, 09:29 AM

Even though that would only ******* people that actually posted in the thread, and specifically said something about Casey's post.

Yeah, use that definition. Only posted in this thread, and said something directly linked to Sean Caseyís comment.

Count them, then weíll talk.

Iím not saying itís an exceptionally high number, but youíre making a comment based on an assumption.