View Full Version : ITT you give me ideas on how to bring up my suspension to my mother.

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Here's the brief story...

If you get 2 tickets in Illinois within 2 years and you're under 21, you get your license suspended. The time depends on the severity of the tickets.

The first ticket was almost a year old for going 15 above, and the last one I got was on Memorial Day for going 5mph above (both on interstates, mind you).

So I got a suspension from August 7-September 7.

Usually my parents get my mail and open things from the Secretary of State before I can. This time they didn't and since I got the notice, I decided not to tell them.

Well at the time my Mom and I were also having an argument and she took my car away from me for a month. Meanwhile, my step dad took the car to the body shop to get some stuff fixed on it.

Well now I have my car back and its all good to drive, except I can't because I don't have my license yet...I have to wait for them to process the fee I sent in and mail my license back...which could take weeks.

So. I have to finally fess up and tell my Mom the truth, but I'm scared to death. Especially considering she let me drive her car about 4 times because she needed me to go to the grocery store for her.

I think she's gonna kill me.

How the fuck do I bring it up? Because "Hey, Ma...my license was suspended, byatch!" isn't going to work... :(

girls like boys
09-07-2004, 12:31 PM
sorry sweety, i think we are out. don't tell, and don't get pulled over while driving on a suspended d.l.?

ammy
09-07-2004, 12:32 PM
go back in time and have told her before driving without a licence? i mean, geeze.. :erm

i would have contested the 5mph over, that stupid.

tootsie
09-07-2004, 12:32 PM
id still try not to tell her. fake an illness till it gets sent back?

Isle
09-07-2004, 12:33 PM
tell her it's all her fault.

Toby
09-07-2004, 12:34 PM
just be honest with her. take her out to eat or something. maybe she wont flip out in a public place?

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 12:35 PM
I have no choice but to tell her. The moment she sees me gone to work and my car still outside of the house, she's going to wonder. I can either make up more lies...or just tell her.

Besides, even if that doesn't happen, when my ID comes back in the mail, of course they're going to open it.

And as for the 5mph ticket, I can't contest it because it was in Michigan. =\

I backed myself into a corner because I didn't tell the truth!!!!! This is why I hate lying!!!

I hope you kids learn a valuable lesson from my mistakes :(

Injektilo
09-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Tell her you're pregnant and/or have cancer, and then add an "Oh, by the way..."

or tell her she's pregnant and/or has cancer.

skippy
09-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I'll bet if you told her that there were pictures of you fingering your cootch on the internet, she'd be too distracted to give much thought about the suspension.

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Toby
just be honest with her. take her out to eat or something. maybe she wont flip out in a public place?

My Mom doesn't leave the house. She makes me go to the grocery store because she doesn't like the public.

She's really weird and crazy...hence my worry for all this nonsense.

I'm going to have to be honest with her...I just don't know how to approach the issue.

When I come home, she'll be at her computer with her headphones on, then I'll come over, tap her on the shoulder and she'll go "Oh! Hi!" and then she'll probably ask why I didn't take my car and I think that's when I'll just pour into it and hope she can sympathize.

I'm going to tell her that I'm no longer suspended and they're mailing my license back any day now...and that the reason I didn't tell her was because I wasn't sure how to bring it up...but I'm sorry I wasn't honest with her in the first place but now I just want to clear everything up.

Then I'll stand there while she screams at me and hopefully that'll be that. Although I have a feeling she may take my car away for another month.

Or this could totally blow over and she'll be like "Wtf are people giving you tickets for going 5mph over? Well I'm glad you're being honest with us now"

But then it might dawn on her that I drove her precious car on a suspended license and she'll think of what COULD'VE happened...but since it didn't and I was safe...maybe I have a chance of living...???

JEEEEEEZ....I feel like I'm 13 trying to hide my bad grades :(

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by skippy
I'll bet if you told her that there were pictures of you fingering your cootch on the internet, she'd be too distracted to give much thought about the suspension.

lol, nice one!

Toby
09-07-2004, 12:43 PM
couldnt you still drive? I mean your license isnt suspended anymore you just dont have it in your possesion.

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Toby
couldnt you still drive? I mean your license isnt suspended anymore you just dont have it in your possesion.

I was thinking the same thing...because when I got that last ticket, they took my license away and mailed it to me when I paid my fine...meanwhile I carried the ticket around hoping that it would suffice had I gotten pulled over...but I didn't get pulled over and I got my license back.

But then again you cannot drive without your license...and I'm sure there's a chance of talking myself out of it if I *do* get pulled over, but I don't want to take that risk.

The reason that worked out was because my Mom was still going to her job instead of working at home, so I got to the mail before anyone else.

But now my Mom does the good deed of sorting the mail into our little bins before anyone gets a hold of it. And when they mail driver's licenses, you can just hold the envelope and tell that theres an ID card in there. My parents don't care much for privacy.

gpub
09-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Aren't you old enough to get over this? with your mom?

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gpub
Aren't you old enough to get over this? with your mom?

Yeah, I'm 20...but right now I'm living with my parents and I'm on their family insurance plan so everything that has to do with my car and/or driving record is their business.

edit: and they're crazy.

hereisnowhy
09-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Can't you tell her you are trying out an environmentally-friendly lifestyle?

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy
Can't you tell her you are trying out an environmentally-friendly lifestyle?

I was thinking about that...but she knows me better than that, she'll see right through it.

Plus, I hate lying...because it gets me into messes like this. :o

hereisnowhy
09-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Well, good luck then. The truth feels good. Even if it hurts. Oh baby I just wrote a pop song!

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 01:22 PM
<yep>

gpub
09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by KrazeeStacee

Yeah, I'm 20...but right now I'm living with my parents and I'm on their family insurance plan so everything that has to do with my car and/or driving record is their business.

edit: and they're crazy.

Oh, yeah.. that kinda sucks. Um, it's better that you just tell them, because it's worse if they find out through someone else.
Tell them to stop being Krazee for me... OK

meow
09-07-2004, 01:49 PM
I guess there really is no easy way to say "oh hey btw..."

:( I don't know....

that bitch kristin
09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
ask her what she would do if you got your license suspended and drove to the grocery store a couple times without it. then, when she asks why you can tell her!

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by meow
I guess there really is no easy way to say "oh hey btw..."

:( I don't know....

Yeah...I didn't think there would be :(

She online right now, so maybe I can IM her...that way it wont be so intense...but then again she might think it's a very ignorant of me to tell her over aim...but who knows. She's so fucking weird, its hard to expect how she's going to react.

I think I'm just going to do it.

meow
09-07-2004, 01:58 PM

Yeah...I didn't think there would be :(

She online right now, so maybe I can IM her...that way it wont be so intense...but then again she might think it's a very ignorant of me to tell her over aim...but who knows. She's so fucking weird, its hard to expect how she's going to react.

I think I'm just going to do it.

*insert overused sneaker slogan here*

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by trykristin
ask her what she would do if you got your license suspended and drove to the grocery store a couple times without it. then, when she asks why you can tell her!

That's actually a pretty good way to approach her because sometimes humor is a good way to win my Mom over...but not in this situation. I have no idea how she'll handle it. It could go totally easy or she could flip. asdhkfjahsdf =\

wHATcOLOR
09-07-2004, 02:06 PM
stacee's mom has got it going on! except when she insists on voting for bush.

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:10 PM

JEEEEEEZ....I feel like I'm 13 trying to hide my bad grades :(

Haha. I did that.

A lot. :(

meow
09-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J'sGhost
stacee's mom has got it going on! except when she insists on voting for bush.

Stacee can't you see.. you're just not the girl for me...

i know it might be wrong but i'm in love with stacee's mom.

I love fountains of wayne.

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 02:21 PM
hahahaha well whatdya know!! She seems to be cool with it! I don't think she yet realizes that I was driving her car under a suspended license, but hopefully she won't.

<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> Hey Mom, are you busy?
<b>Dian:</b> Kinda...whatsup
<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> well I just wanted to tell you something...I know you're going to be really mad at me, and I just want to let you know that the reason I didn't tell you guys earlier was because I never could find what seemed to be a 'good' moment to bring it up....but back on Memorial Day, I got a ticket coming back from Detroit for going 5mph over the speed limit on the interstate (which I didn't think was something I could get a ticket for, but the cop was a jerk anyway)...so my license got suspended and there wasn't anything I could do about it except comply...and I did. It was only a month long because a ticket for 5mph over isn't a serious offense...but today was the last date of the suspension and I paid the fee...and I should be getting my license back in the mail soon. =\
<b>Dian:</b> *sigh* HA...so the car thing worked out as a pretty good EXCUSE not to drive, eh?*sigh* You're going to LOSE your license forever if you're not careful!
<b>Dian:</b> I didn't even notice you didn't take your car today...but I see it's there now.
<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> :-( i know mom, i got the notice the day after you grounded me from having the car and all that, so i figured then wasnt a very good time to tell you...and then i just couldnt get up the courage to tell you guys =\
<b>Dian:</b> Well...it's YOUR LIFE and YOUR DRIVING privledges...so you'd better get your act together cos' it will also be YOU who will soon be paying that insurance. And the way you're doing, it's gonna cost you a fortune!
<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> I know :-(
<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> I've even been doing so good and on that trip out to michigan i drove like a saint...but i didnt even know it was illegal to go 5 over on a highway! =\
<b>Dian:</b> Most of the time it isn't...particularly around here. I regularly go 65 on the tollway and usually need to go 75 to keep up with traffic so I'm not killed. But in other states...particularly Michigan...it's a whole different story.
<b>Dian:</b> The speed LIMIT is the limit by the law and states can push that as much as they want. And those assholes along the interstate in Michigan have nothing better to do!

If there is a god, he is watching out for me.

thanks guys :cool:

rubber
09-07-2004, 02:22 PM
via AIM ask, "Hey mom, has my drivers license shown up in the mail yet?"
she'll say, "what! why! You didn't tell me you lost your license!"

you say,"Ya I did, a month ago, online."

she'll say, "no you never!"

you say, "maybe someone had hacked your account and I told them. I thought you seemed weird that day."

then both of you can laugh and have a drink.

meow
09-07-2004, 02:23 PM
hahahaha well whatdya know!! She seems to be cool with it! I don't think she yet realizes that I was driving her car under a suspended license, but hopefully she won't.

<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> well I just wanted to tell you something...I know you're going to be really mad at me, and I just want to let you know that the reason I didn't tell you guys earlier was because I never could find what seemed to be a 'good' moment to bring it up....but back on Memorial Day, I got a ticket coming back from Detroit for going 5mph over the speed limit on the interstate (which I didn't think was something I could get a ticket for, but the cop was a jerk anyway)...so my license got suspended and there wasn't anything I could do about it except comply...and I did. It was only a month long because a ticket for 5mph over isn't a serious offense...but today was the last date of the suspension and I paid the fee...and I should be getting my license back in the mail soon. =\
<b>Dian:</b> *sigh* HA...so the car thing worked out as a pretty good EXCUSE not to drive, eh?*sigh* You're going to LOSE your license forever if you're not careful!
<b>Dian:</b> I didn't even notice you didn't take your car today...but I see it's there now.
<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> :-( i know mom, i got the notice the day after you grounded me from having the car and all that, so i figured then wasnt a very good time to tell you...and then i just couldnt get up the courage to tell you guys =\
<b>Dian:</b> Well...it's YOUR LIFE and YOUR DRIVING privledges...so you'd better get your act together cos' it will also be YOU who will soon be paying that insurance. And the way you're doing, it's gonna cost you a fortune!
<b>Fall From Mercy:</b> I've even been doing so good and on that trip out to michigan i drove like a saint...but i didnt even know it was illegal to go 5 over on a highway! =\
<b>Dian:</b> Most of the time it isn't...particularly around here. I regularly go 65 on the tollway and usually need to go 75 to keep up with traffic so I'm not killed. But in other states...particularly Michigan...it's a whole different story.
<b>Dian:</b> The speed LIMIT is the limit by the law and states can push that as much as they want. And those assholes along the interstate in Michigan have nothing better to do!

that's so good to hear!!!!

yay for a cool mom!

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 02:24 PM

I love fountains of wayne.

Two of my friends got to interview them for some college magazine here...and they got free passes to go to a show and all that :( I was a huge fan at the time and one of the girls who got to do the interview didn't even really like them and said if she'd known I liked them so much, I could've done the interview.

:cry:

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:24 PM

what about all those memories of me hiding grades back in 9th grade that you dug up!? WHAT ABOUT MY PAIN!?!?

I'm just kidding with you, you're all right.

I'm glad everything turned out okay.

sppunk
09-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I have :love: for you Stacy, but I never undestand this:

People complain when they get tickets for going two or three miles over the speed limit. If it was OK to do that, wouldn't the speed limit be that much higher?

meow
09-07-2004, 02:27 PM
its all about discretion of the police officer. I've had one police officer say that if i only stayed 5-10 km over the speed limit, i would never see them again...

AND it depends on the weather conditions... here you can get an excessive speed ticket if you are going the speed limit (90km/h) on the parkway in the snow... of COURSE that is excessive~!

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sppunk

People complain when they get tickets for going two or three miles over the speed limit. If it was OK to do that, wouldn't the speed limit be that much higher?

The unwritten book of the road.

If you raised the speed limit, to say, 68, then people would do 71. Tacitly that would be accepted, so why not raise it to 71? All of a sudden, we'd be European and doing 100. They gotta keep it somewhere realistic so people go a little over and feel like they're being cool when they're really just being normal. Except in Michigan.

meow
09-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Sehki

Except in Michigan.

WHY IS MICHIGAN SO HARDCORE?!

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:29 PM

WHY IS MICHIGAN SO HARDCORE?!

That's how they roll, man. They don't take none of this trick shit. They'll cut you.

meow
09-07-2004, 02:30 PM

That's how they roll, man. They don't take none of this trick shit. They'll cut you.

i dont want to be cut by someone from michigan!

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by sppunk

Yeah but in certain situations, it's MORE dangerous to drive the speed limit. Especially in places like Chicago...if you aren't riding in the right lane, you better be going fast enough to keep up with traffic, meaning at least 80mph in a 55...

I mean, in a perfect world, we'd all be going the exact speed limit...but things happen and even the asshole cops usually leave a little leeway for people to do plus/minus a few mph...but when they need to fill that quota, boy, you best watch your speed.

The only reason I get speeding tickets is because I don't pay attention to my speed sometimes on long trips. If you drive for 5 hours, alone, on the same 2 lane interstate...there's no way anyone can possibly expect you to have your eye on the speed the entire time. I mean I'm not complaining, he's a bastard for pulling me over, but I can't say he was lying by saying I was speeding.

But also, in a perfect world, we wouldn't need fucking cops >=\

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:32 PM

i dont want to be cut by someone from michigan!

What about someone from Virginia?

hereisnowhy
09-07-2004, 02:33 PM
There was a case where I guy got a speeding ticket for going just a little above the speed limit, and he complained to the judge about it and said "If the speed limit is 50, how fast is it okay to go? Isn't 52 okay?" And the judge said "Even 1km over the limit is speeding". So later on the guy was driving at exactly the speed limit on the freeway and got a ticket for holding up traffic. :/

meow
09-07-2004, 02:33 PM

What about someone from Virginia?

MAGENTA VAGINA

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:34 PM

MAGENTA VAGINA

Did you want to go out tonight?

No?

Bloom bloom blaa0er8hwe9rer I hate singing with this song

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, exactly...like Sehki and meow said...

Plus, there are just some states that are more hardcore than others. You probably wouldn't be pulled over in Illinois for going anything under like 15 over...but in Indiana and Michigan, they'll get you.

Another reason, is interstate cops like to ticket out-of-state cars because they know they'll never come back just to testify in court and all that. They'll just pay the fine and be done with it.

But hey, I knew it was a matter of time before I got pulled over in Michigan, and I'm just glad it wasn't for when I was doing 110 :D :o

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, exactly...like Sehki and meow said...

Plus, there are just some states that are more hardcore than others. You probably wouldn't be pulled over in Illinois for going anything under like 15 over...but in Indiana and Michigan, they'll get you.

Another reason, is interstate cops like to ticket out-of-state cars because they know they'll never come back just to testify in court and all that. They'll just pay the fine and be done with it.

But hey, I knew it was a matter of time before I got pulled over in Michigan, and I'm just glad it wasn't for when I was doing 110 :D :o

Can we kick Michigan out of the union?

I'd want to kick Illinois out but Chicago / Billy, you know, can't have them being a part of Canada.

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 02:48 PM

Can we kick Michigan out of the union?

I'd want to kick Illinois out but Chicago / Billy, you know, can't have them being a part of Canada.

I guess I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Michigan going, but if you did that, you'd have to kick out Indiana too.

Axis of Action
09-07-2004, 02:50 PM

I guess I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Michigan going, but if you did that, you'd have to kick out Indiana too.

Done.

I'll tell Bush about it tomorrow. He can say crazy Al Qaeda are to blame and we'll go to war with Iran.

meow
09-07-2004, 02:55 PM
united states of adjkfljsdfjk

Slacker
09-07-2004, 02:56 PM
quick fucking whining and just tell her, jesus christ , you are all the shit when you are ripping faxes out of bloated old peoples hands at work but a big fucking pussy when you mess up. life is about mistakes, get over it.

quit using the excuse my parents are psychos, start standing up for yourself and get right back in their face, not by yelling but by being calm and showing a willingness to move on. if that doesnt work then once again get over it

to sum things up, just tell them, say you got a bs ticket for 5 over and be done with it, its not like you killed somebody, christ you kids get dumber and dumber everyday. need everything spoonfed to ya.

meow
09-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
quick fucking whining and just tell her
actually, she already told her.

perhaps if you would read the thread before acting like an asshole, you won't turn out looking like a complete idiot.

3Marlon3Brando
09-07-2004, 03:01 PM

perhaps if you would read the thread before acting like an asshole, you won't turn out looking like a complete idiot.

DAMN GIRL

Slacker
09-07-2004, 03:02 PM

damn I was too late, still though, what I said holds true, 20 years old and still afraid of mom and dad, thats pretty sad

meow
09-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 3Marlon3Brando

DAMN GIRL RULE #1 - DONT HATE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE WHOLE THREAD

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 03:15 PM

damn I was too late, still though, what I said holds true, 20 years old and still afraid of mom and (step) dad, thats pretty sad

Yeah, I am...so?

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 03:15 PM

Ferreal, yo.

Slacker
09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
RULE #1 - DONT HATE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE WHOLE THREAD

rule #1 stop reading the thread after it strays off topic and turns into a "kiddie grab ass I'm so grown up fest" and tell the original poster exactly what they asked for in the first place

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 03:17 PM

rule #1 stop reading the thread after it strays off topic and turns into a "kiddie grab ass I'm so grown up fest" and tell the original poster exactly what they asked for in the first place

Hey Mr. Netphoria, calm down.

meow
09-07-2004, 03:17 PM

but what she originally asked for no longer applies.

Slacker
09-07-2004, 03:19 PM

Ferreal, yo.

anyway I hope it all went well for ya

Slacker
09-07-2004, 03:20 PM

Hey Mr. Netphoria, calm down.

calm as a bomb

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 03:21 PM

anyway I hope it all went well for ya

WELL IF YOUD READ THE THREAD YOUD SEE THAT IT DID YOU RETARD.

hey, thanks.

Slacker
09-07-2004, 03:26 PM

WELL IF YOUD READ THE THREAD YOUD SEE THAT IT DID YOU RETARD.

hey, thanks.

thats cool, I guess I had it easy though, my parents never really delved too much into what I did as I kid and now that im older and make more money then they ever did combined its like im the boss...so over all I feel bad for judging you cause I dont know what its like to have over bearing parents, however I can't give in on the read the whole thread arguement...I mean it went from I have a problem to I dont like michigan hurhur, seriously people wtf

KrazeeStacee
09-07-2004, 03:43 PM

thats cool, I guess I had it easy though, my parents never really delved too much into what I did as I kid and now that im older and make more money then they ever did combined its like im the boss...so over all I feel bad for judging you cause I dont know what its like to have over bearing parents, however I can't give in on the read the whole thread arguement...I mean it went from I have a problem to I dont like michigan hurhur, seriously people wtf

My Mom raised me well...I don't have the energy to get into that discussion though, so that's all I'll say.

And you should know better than that by now...about the off-topic threads. Look at this place. Seriously, come on.

rubber
09-07-2004, 05:04 PM

calm as a bomb

and stupid as one too.

3Marlon3Brando
09-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by rubber

and stupid as one too.

DAMN

3Marlon3Brando
09-07-2004, 05:08 PM
WHY YOU HATE BOMBS

rubber
09-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 3Marlon3Brando
WHY YOU HATE BOMBS

cuz da bombs hate me

LittleWing
09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Everyone knows the only way to get out of a hole you made by lieing is to make more lies.

barden
09-08-2004, 03:34 AM
I stopped reading this thread at the top of the second page.

I just wanted to add: I drive every day of my life, and my licence expired over a year ago.

:cool:

:cool: :cool:
:cool: :cool:

twice
09-08-2004, 03:42 PM

haha. man, sorry for the sidetrack but christ that seems so long ago. i completely forgot i was on acid when you got that ticket. THE TICKET that fucked our bizarre-occurance streak we were experiencing within your car way back when.:erm
i have to wake up.