View Full Version : funny little article excerpt

twilightfadez
08-27-2004, 10:22 AM
http://www.providencephoenix.com/archive/music/01/02/22/amhifi.html

Meanwhile, Jones made one last stab at returning to the drumkit: he auditioned for Smashing Pumpkins during Jimmy Chamberlin's absence but wasn't surprised when he lost the gig to Kenny Aaronoff. "I pretty much knew they wanted him. In fact, I'd heard that Billy Corgan had told his manager, `I want a pro; I don't want some kid from some dumb alternative rock band' -- which was basically me. The audition was pretty funny -- for one thing, Kenny was already there and I had to audition on his kit. We were playing `Rhinoceros,' from Gish, but we stopped halfway through because the band didn't remember it. Then Billy started playing this Pink Floyd space jam. In the middle of that, D'Arcy stopped playing her bass and started rooting through this Barney's bag she had from shopping. So I figured, okay. I know where this is going. I heard through the grapevine that Billy Corgan liked my playing but didn't think I was hitting hard enough. And by then I was glad that I could just go ahead with this band."

:erm

twilightfadez
08-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RockLobster
Can't remember how to play rhinoceros? LoL

and Billy has the balls to blame everyone else for drug use?

ha!

hereisnowhy
08-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Classic.

Mariner
08-27-2004, 11:25 AM
passive-aggressive layoff!

Originally posted by twilightfadez

In the middle of that, D'Arcy stopped playing her bass and started rooting through this Barney's bag she had from shopping.

Sapphire
08-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah. That's gotta break a kid's heart.

But hey, at least he got to try.