View Full Version : Have you seen The Core?


hereisnowhy
08-15-2004, 05:33 PM
I rented it last night. If you are looking for one of those action movies that is so ridiculously bad that it kicks ass, this could be the movie for you.

Now tell me about other movies that are so terrible they are awesome. Nothing will beat Commando though.

Travis Meekz
08-15-2004, 05:34 PM
I watched showgirls the other night

that was a hoot

meow
08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
no, i don't think i have

Xteenmachine
08-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy
...movies that are so terrible they are awesome.

i think the street fighter movie fits rather nicely into this category.

hereisnowhy
08-15-2004, 05:36 PM
THE ONLY WAY OUT IS IN!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news03/p-core.jpg

tsp gatmog
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
i read that it got seriously negative scores from testing audiences, that they decided to just up the cgi.

hereisnowhy
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Xteenmachine


i think the street fighter movie fits rather nicely into this category.

I saw part of that on tv the other day. I found it to be so terrible that it was terrible!

hereisnowhy
08-15-2004, 05:39 PM
This is what happens when the earth's molten core stops rotating!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/03/images/030327_tvcore.jpg

Travis Meekz
08-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by tsp gatmog
i read that it got seriously negative scores from testing audiences, that they decided to just up the cgi.

star wars?

tsp gatmog
08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Ttravis Mmeekz


star wars?

you actually think they test screen the star wars? the last thing Lucas wants before his new 'epic' comes out is people's opinions...

Travis Meekz
08-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by tsp gatmog


you actually think they test screen the star wars? the last thing Lucas wants before his new 'epic' comes out is people's opinions...

I was just trying to say that a) new star wars suck and b) to overcome the suck factor lucas upped the cgi

and no, of course Lucas is way to pretentious to listen to opinions

neopryn
08-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I still want to see Day After Tomorrow for some of that so-bad-it's good feeling. I heard it was a classic of the genre.

Dead
08-15-2004, 06:05 PM
I enjoyed it!

christian zombie vampires
08-15-2004, 07:04 PM
you know the game, house of the dead? it's an arcade game with mounted guns.
they made a movie last year based on it. it's so bad it's just brilliant... there are so many continuity mistakes that the whole movie plot seems to be just a collection of continuity mistakes strung together. it goes beyond bad acting and script and you can actually tell that there's bad editing, bad camera work, the whole crew does a shitty job.

there are action sequences that suddenly CUT TO SHOTS OF THE VIDEO GAME.

it makes street fighter look like... actually there isn't a movie good enough to finish that comparison.

i've always wanted to check out the core though.

hereisnowhy
08-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by thrillhouse
you know the game, house of the dead? it's an arcade game with mounted guns.
they made a movie last year based on it. it's so bad it's just brilliant... there are so many continuity mistakes that the whole movie plot seems to be just a collection of continuity mistakes strung together. it goes beyond bad acting and script and you can actually tell that there's bad editing, bad camera work, the whole crew does a shitty job.

there are action sequences that suddenly CUT TO SHOTS OF THE VIDEO GAME.

it makes street fighter look like... actually there isn't a movie good enough to finish that comparison.

i've always wanted to check out the core though.

I used to play House of the Dead when I worked in an arcade. I'll put that movie on my to-see list.

Mr. Burns
08-15-2004, 11:50 PM
<font color="gold">Predator and Resident Evil

Dead
08-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns
<font color="gold">Predator and Resident Evil
Take it back!!!

And give me back my normal font. :erm