Dead
08-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Next issue of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Dead
08-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Out of those 4 things..

BILLY!
DVD
not that interested in the Jimmy thing besides the Billy track, pretty sure I'm not buying
no real interest in fisting blinks, not buying it.

Liquid-J
08-14-2004, 09:03 PM
billy, jimmy, dvd, book

Toby
08-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
billy, jimmy, dvd, book

Spaldz
08-15-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm quite looking forward to the JC complex stuff..and am looking forward to hearing the song with Billy on it. I don't really care for the dvd as there was a much better Metro show they could of released, with Billy not singing repetitive and boring songs..and if it turns out anything like the Zwan MSOTS bonus dvd then..I am looking forward to Billy's actual album though, unless it ends up being futuristic gospel folk pop.

Isle
08-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Spaldz
futuristic gospel folk pop.

i think you just hit the proverbial nail on the head

daydreamer999
08-15-2004, 04:47 AM
billy's album, jimmy's, dvd, book (we all know it's gonna be a little on the shit side).

The Gaddrow
08-15-2004, 05:08 AM
At this point, I honestly think I am looking forward to the Complex album more than anything.

Well, other than seeing my wife next month, but outside of that really. More than anything.

I have less hope / expectations for the JC album than the BC album, and for some reason that excites me incredibly.

soniclovenoize
08-15-2004, 12:49 PM
The Sunshine Fix - Green Imagination

smashingjj
08-15-2004, 01:05 PM
None, really. I am curious what the Jimmy thing is gonna sound like.

sweter33
08-15-2004, 04:04 PM
bc album, ex aequo with dvd,
and jc's complex is not more exciting than "blinking..." IMHO

i don't know how can you generalize so much about bolly's metro gig (i mean this "futuristic gospel folk pop" thing). columbus (only an example) is one of the most beautiful nagrock tunes, although it's not even available in its entirety.

Ghetto_Squirrel
08-15-2004, 05:54 PM
e) None of the above.

Isle
08-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ghetto_Squirrel
e) None of the above.

well look at mr.alternative

Travis Meekz
08-15-2004, 06:02 PM
nothing, Billy is too much of a pretentious asshole anymore. For the past couple years he has done nothing but bitch about musicians and complain about modern music yet he has done nothing impressive since Adore which was a very long time ago,

Isle
08-15-2004, 06:05 PM
wrong travis, Machina is for the most part a brilliant record. no discussion

sweter33
08-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Isle

100% agreed

also the metro solo gig is impressive to me, though i seem to be the only fanatic of "futuristic folkish pop"

Travis Meekz
08-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Isle

I will admit that there are some gems surrounded in a sea of shit on that cd.

Dead
08-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
At this point, I honestly think I am looking forward to the Complex album more than anything.

Well, other than seeing my wife next month, but outside of that really. More than anything.

I have less hope / expectations for the JC album than the BC album, and for some reason that excites me incredibly.
Does this mean you have even less hope / expectations about seeing your wife?

Firmament
08-16-2004, 02:42 AM
nothing, Billy is too much of a pretentious asshole anymore.
<font color="cyan">
What page is that from in the "How to Insult Billy Corgan for Dummies"? Seriously, after hearing people call him a pretentious asshole for the last 15 years you think SOMEONE would come up with something other than recylcled invective...

Machina rocked my world. It's irony is a little uncomfortable at times but I think it's probabley the most realized of corgans visions since Siamese Dream.

The Zwan album was dissapointing but it's not like there wasn't ANY good music produced in the the era. You could make a best-of including non-album tracks to produce a very respectable disc.

Of his recent Chicago songs I've only heard the World's Fair and I thought it was quite pleasent considering Billy usually can't sing so eloquently live. I don't see what is so bad about it if all those songs are weak. It's low-key material, it's not supposed to blow people way. It was just a nice little show he wanted to perform for the city he loves.

People have just become way to cynical and jaded towards Billy. You haven't truly lost interest if you're still interested in denouncing him and his music.

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 03:04 AM
To be honest, I'm not really excited about any of this.

It's not that I have anything against Billy, or Jimmy, or any of them, it's just that I'm not excited.

From what I've heard, there is very little to be excited about.

And again, that isn't saying that album is going to be bad. It's just that, there's no build up to it.

MCIS had SD and PI before it. Adore had MCIS behind it. What does Billy's new venture have? Zwan and Machina?

Seeing that as it is, it's just not that smart to get really jazzed up about something, to get so much hype and excitment over it that even if it is good, it still won't blow you away like you expected.

When it comes, it comes. That's when I plan to pick it up. And I'll enjoy it for what it's worth.

In other words, it's nothing to get excited about.

sweter33
08-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire
In other words, it's nothing to get excited about.

I'd disagree. You can't know what the solo album is going to be like. If you're not excited about the new billy's music, then apparently you've lost all the faith in billy's talent, which is very sad IMO.

I'm sure (or I just feel it very strongly) that the solo record will have nothing of "Zwan atmosphere". It shall be at least as good as "Machina", and judging by the way billy's been saying and doing things lately, the record shall even prove superior to both machinas.

ZackZ
08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Equally excited about Jimmy and Billy's records. So so on the DVD. Definately not going to get the book unless it's like 2 bucks on the Barnes and Noble clearance rack.

smashingjj
08-16-2004, 04:40 PM
lol

Liquid-J
08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by sweter33

I'd disagree. You can't know what the solo album is going to be like. If you're not excited about the new billy's music, then apparently you've lost all the faith in billy's talent, which is very sad IMO.

I'm sure (or I just feel it very strongly) that the solo record will have nothing of "Zwan atmosphere". It shall be at least as good as "Machina", and judging by the way billy's been saying and doing things lately, the record shall even prove superior to both machinas.

what the hell?!

Dead
08-16-2004, 06:37 PM
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN BOTH MACHINAS YOU INSANIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND SPIDER-MAN!

sweter33
08-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dead
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN BOTH MACHINAS YOU INSANIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND SPIDER-MAN!

haha. not yet, i agree. i didn't say anything is :) but bc solo shall be.

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J

what the hell?!

I was wondering the same thing.

But then the answer gracefully landed itself on my doorstep.

He's an o-boarder that somehow took a wrong turn into reality country. If anything, we should at least give this man some cab-fare so that he can find his way home again.

Poor, poor o-boarder. Art thou lost? :(

Firmament
08-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Dead
INSANIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
<font color="cyan">
word of the year! http://forums.netphoria.org/images/5stars.gif<font color="pink">

sweter33
08-16-2004, 06:58 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

But then the answer gracefully landed itself on my doorstep.

He's an o-boarder that somehow took a wrong turn into reality country. If anything, we should at least give this man some cab-fare so that he can find his way home again.

Poor, poor o-boarder. Art thou lost? :(

sure, please help me get back to my communistic poland.
art thou from the states?

as for the o-board thing, i don't even know what is o-board and, to be honest, i don't give a shit about it

i noticed that expressing oneself is very very bad here

ProgressChrome
08-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Definately not going to get the book unless it's like 2 bucks on the Barnes and Noble clearance rack.

it'll be be there on the release date!
:banoonoo:

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Just so you know, O-boarders are the cult of Billy Corgan that pretty much believe he can do no wrong. Whenever they see a word that doesn't declare his greatness, even if the word wasn't negative, they begin to ruthlessly pursue their pray over the internet, continuely hounding upon that poor being before they either realize how sad they're being, or feel fully satisfied that this is the highest plateau in life they'll ever climb.

And now! You are one of them! :2thumbsup:

wHATcOLOR
08-16-2004, 07:06 PM
i don't mind paypaling part of your cabfare

sweter33
08-16-2004, 07:07 PM
hmmm... nice to know that you like labeling people.
so you're the cool one right?

just to let you know, i don't like the poetry thing for example. but i love the music, and i believe in the music. that's why not being excited about the music seemed very queer to me, which feeling I peacefully wanted to express.

having it done, you attacked me with megalomaniacal slogans

sweter33
08-16-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J'sGhost
i don't mind paypaling part of your cabfare

+nice to see that it caught on. so shallow

wHATcOLOR
08-16-2004, 07:22 PM
settle down bro. it's not a life or death proposition. where's all this urgency/intensity coming from? good lord. just ease it down a few notches, and you'll live longer.

interzone
08-16-2004, 07:24 PM

:rofl:

I bet Billy steals this line to use in his next volume of "poetry"

sweter33
08-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by interzone

:rofl:

I bet Billy steals this line to use in his next volume of "poetry"

hey, i tried to be eloquent:p :smoke: , was it that bad? ;)

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 07:46 PM
hmmm... nice to know that you like labeling people.

If you're not excited about the new billy's music, then apparently you've lost all the faith in billy's talent, which is very sad IMO.

so you're the cool one right?

:confused:

just to let you know, i don't like the poetry thing for example.

U R NOT A TRUUUUU FAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!! :cry:

:confused:

Oh, I get it. Since I'm the cool one, you're the lame one, right?

sweter33
08-16-2004, 07:51 PM

Oh, I get it. Since I'm the cool one, you're the lame one, right?

bravo

U R NOT A TRUUUUU FAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

:erm

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah, you would have to had been here for longer than a week to get the last one.

sweter33
08-16-2004, 07:56 PM
ha! i knew that you would eventually mention me being a newbie.
:rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 08:00 PM
ha! i knew that you would eventually mention me being a newbie.
:rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

I only mention it when it shows.

sweter33
08-16-2004, 08:07 PM
no. the truth is that you wouldn't bitch me if i had like 3000 post count.
or maybe this is a kind of trial for newbies i'm just going through?

ok, it is fun, but let's cut it. believe me, i didn't want to attack you; if you feel offended because of my first post, i apologize.
i just wanted to say what i feel

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Apology accepted.

And no, this isn't a hazing. If you think this is a newbie hazing, then you're going to be in for quite the surprise.

Also, for note, I attack anybody that either attacks me or says something really dumb. Just because someone has a four digit number next to their name in internet-land doesn't give them a get-out-of-jail-free card.

sweter33
08-16-2004, 08:19 PM
heh, ok, i see you're very proud. i like you though you think expressing one's opinion is dumb.
also, you knew that english is not my native language and that i might have formulated this in a weird way.

anyways, i think we can bury the hatchet.

Sapphire
08-16-2004, 08:54 PM
heh, ok, i see you're very proud. i like you though you think expressing one's opinion is dumb.
also, you knew that english is not my native language and that i might have formulated this in a weird way.

anyways, i think we can bury the hatchet.

Yeah, way to go. Tell me that when I point out someone saying something dumb, that I think it's dumb of them to express their opinion. Then, proceed to tell me that we can now "bury the hatchet." :noway:

And I am proud. Of thinking before I type. Sorry if that sits a little awkward with you.

sweter33
08-17-2004, 03:01 AM

Yeah, way to go. Tell me that when I point out someone saying something dumb, that I think it's dumb of them to express their opinion. Then, proceed to tell me that we can now "bury the hatchet." :noway:

And I am proud. Of thinking before I type. Sorry if that sits a little awkward with you.
:erm

this comment was supposed to be just an observation, not a grievance. nobody's perfect and i'm aware of that.

hey, did you know you're just 6 days older than me?

Sapphire
08-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Wow. That's pretty cool. I guess that means we're both Taurus' then or something. :p

sweter33
08-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Wow. That's pretty cool. I guess that means we're both Taurus' then or something. :p

haha, yeah:)
according to the horoscope from Cosmopolitan :eek: :D :cool: :cool:
the fantastic holiday time of relaxation is approaching for all the Tauruses. Be careful with your finance!

Starla
08-17-2004, 07:00 AM

sure, please help me get back to my communistic poland.
art thou from the states?

as for the o-board thing, i don't even know what is o-board and, to be honest, i don't give a shit about it

i noticed that expressing oneself is very very bad here

ah don't worry about it. *Some* of them are paranoid and they think everyone here that hasnt accumulated thousands of posts is an "o-boarder" when in all actuality, it could very well be someone who used to be a netphorian , left the board, then came back! DUN DUN DUNNNNN lol

Btw, In case it wasnt answered yet: An "o-boarder" is a person who used to hang out on the offical board of the smashing pumpkins. An o boarder around here is like the mucosa of the fly shit of the fly on the shit of a camel.
:: runs off to shit out an o-boarder :: we breed like bunnies!

tristessa
08-17-2004, 02:02 PM
tool and deftones' new, the song on jimmys with billy and billys new