View Full Version : New Beck album?!?!?

soniclovenoize
08-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Per Pitchfork:

- - - - - - - -

Beck is to release his eighth studio album later this year.

The singer will reunite with the Dust Brothers as producers for the new album.

The new record is reported to be a distinct move away from the mainly acoustic low key nature of 2002's Sea Change. The Dust Brothers, Mike Simpson and John King, also produced Beck's classic Odelay and 1999's Midnite Vultures.

"It's pretty aggressive," Beck says of the new material in an interview with Rolling Stone.

"I've been working on it for a while, but I ended up doing Sea Change first. I've been wanting to do a record with loud guitars for a long time."

The as yet untitled album has been completed and is currently being mixed in Los Angles with an October release date scheduled.

- - - - - - - -

I personally wanted him to to a sunshine pop album with The Flaming Lips as his backup band...

James is Cool
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
This is excellent news. I've actually been waiting for him to do a "loud guitars" album for a long time. Awesome.

Mason R Butler
08-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Jesse, did I tell you that I found a record that has the exact same cover as Stereopathetic Soul Manure? I did.

Firmament
08-12-2004, 01:38 AM
that man is endlessly creative. Should be good!

soniclovenoize
08-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler
Jesse, did I tell you that I found a record that has the exact same cover as Stereopathetic Soul Manure? I did.
Cool! Wasn't that your mission? To find all the records he took art from for Stereopathetic?

Mason R Butler
08-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by soniclovenoize

Cool! Wasn't that your mission? To find all the records he took art from for Stereopathetic?
It's a hobby of mine to find obscure source material (in cover and AND in music.) Beck has a lot of goofy stuff that you will eventually run across in a thrift store... like that dog book with the pic from Odelay in it.

ProgressChrome
08-13-2004, 08:14 PM
i love how every beck album is different, i can't wait to hear this one!

soniclovenoize
08-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler

It's a hobby of mine to find obscure source material (in cover and AND in music.) Beck has a lot of goofy stuff that you will eventually run across in a thrift store... like that dog book with the pic from Odelay in it.
Yeah, my parents have that book.