View Full Version : I just wasted 6 dollars on an open mic with such genius lyrics as "don't leave".

Ihaman
08-06-2004, 12:47 AM
I call it "Super Pretentious". I just wasted 6 dollars on an openmic, everyone was falling over this guy yelling out things like "Why did you leave?" and "I never knew". One guy even tried to be poetic and talked about how he "was gasping for breath when you left".

I have 2 questions:

1) How many people have left these people in order for them to write so many songs like this?

2) Are the cause of these songs the result of one person, or many people.

3) If it was
a) a lot of people - then don't you think conditioning would make them into a heartless bastard, like you and I?
b) one person - than isn't one song enough?

Which brings me to my next question, do you think a couple broke up that met at an open mic wrote songs about their break up seperately and then played them both at the open mic later on?

The emo world is too emo for me.

pastor
08-06-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm looking for my playfriend. We were playing with a butterfly and she was chasing it and she ran off into the wood and now I can't find her. Her name is Coherence. Is she in this thread? No? Okay, I'll look elsewhere. Bye.

noir cat
08-06-2004, 12:52 AM
I really hope you did your "goth" poem. Did you ever find it on that napkin? Post it. :(

Oh, and those "don't leave" people sound like me. I have a fear of abandonment.

noir cat
08-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by pastor
I'm looking for my playfriend. We were playing with a butterfly and she was chasing it and she ran off into the wood and now I can't find her. Her name is Coherence. Is she in this thread? No? Okay, I'll look elsewhere. Bye. I never met anyone named Coherence, but I've heard a lot about her.