View Full Version : Spider-Man's dark secret!

jack_kerouac03
08-03-2004, 02:05 AM
Holy Crap.

mewl
08-03-2004, 02:10 AM
i can't read it because my dad's computer is gay and resizes pictures.

Dead
08-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Holy shit, some guy tried to touch Peter? I hope he went back later and fucked him up with his spider strength.

Ihaman
08-03-2004, 02:13 AM
:rofl:
Aw, I wish I was propositioned like that.

Karl Connor
tl;dr

Toby
is that real?

jack_kerouac03
I remember getting one of these comics in the 5th grade from school, but it was with the X-Men telling kids not to smoke

Dead
08-03-2004, 02:14 AM
I bet that issue doesn't fit into continuity and therefore Peter never actually got into that situation.

Ensoul
08-03-2004, 02:15 AM
and that's probably how he get his spidey sense!! :eek:

jack_kerouac03
08-03-2004, 02:15 AM
in before someones says the obvious:

I wonder if that magazine made his spider sense tingle?

edit: crap, too late lol

Dead
08-03-2004, 02:16 AM
I bet that's coming up in Ultimate Spider-Man 100.

jack_kerouac03
08-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Dead
coming up

*snicker*

PS Gwen isn't dead!@#

Dead
08-03-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03

PS Gwen isn't dead!@#
We will know in 1 day. Or 2.

Ugly
08-03-2004, 02:38 AM
First of all, JMS and Marvel love retroactive continuity. The also love dragging back plotlines that nobody asked for (remember the clone saga) so I bettcha in ASM 530 or something it'll be revealed he got fucked in the ass good. he's just making the story sound better for the kid. and the old man was uncle ben.

2nd of all - GWEN STACY NOT DEAD MY ASS! Did you see how freakin shrivled she was?! how do you survive that. Her eyeballs got sucked out fer crissakes!

Dead
08-03-2004, 02:39 AM
Don't remind me!! I cried!

:(

jack_kerouac03
08-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
First of all, JMS and Marvel love retroactive continuity. The also love dragging back plotlines that nobody asked for (remember the clone saga) so I bettcha in ASM 530 or something it'll be revealed he got fucked in the ass good. he's just making the story sound better for the kid. and the old man was uncle ben.

2nd of all - GWEN STACY NOT DEAD MY ASS! Did you see how freakin shrivled she was?! how do you survive that. Her eyeballs got sucked out fer crissakes!

She's just dehydrated. Maybe she just needs a glass of water.

Seriously, though - come on - The Green Goblin dropped MJ off the bridge, not Gwen, and MJ and Peter hooked up first. Why tread the same ground when they can do something different? I think MJ is going to die in the Ultimate universe and Peter and Gwen are going to end up together.

Ugly
08-03-2004, 02:50 AM

She's just dehydrated. Maybe she just needs a glass of water.

Seriously, though - come on - The Green Goblin dropped MJ off the bridge, not Gwen, and MJ and Peter hooked up first. Why tread the same ground when they can do something different? I think MJ is going to die in the Ultimate universe and Peter and Gwen are going to end up together.

I've always thought that the Gwen/MJ swap would happen too, its set up as uber tragic. Esp. with all the young love "I love you" "I'm going to marry you" scenes Pete and MJ have in all 63 issues MJ buying it really hit alot harder then Gwen's (apparent) current death would.

I just take offense with the fact that Gwen LOOKED EXTREMELY FUCKING DEAD. Like, those other 3 people "Lil' Ben" got at looked exactly the same and they were dead as doornails. (well at least the security guard was confrimed). Oh and also Gwen got stabbed in the gut too.

seems like a total cheat to me. I know, bitching about death in comics is one of the more pointless things to bitch about, its just ...GODDAMNIT HER EYEBALLS GOT SUCKED OUT!! That's fuckin dead to me!

Dead
08-03-2004, 02:54 AM
They would never kill MJ tho. But they need to have some more scenes of her in a bikini or something.

Ugly
08-03-2004, 05:29 AM

*snicker*

PS Gwen isn't dead!@#

Gwen = the dead.

Proof. Check out the cover for USM #65 - after the "Carnage" arc.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0904/ULTSM065.jpg

seems kinda self-explanitory, don't you think? Gwen obviously becomes a big floating head. Erm, uh, I mean, she's dead.

personally I can't wait for this issue because A) Flash finally says what the hell he's been trying to say since a year ago. and B) its a big freakin honkin BREAKFAST CLUB single issue:

<I>The Story:
SELF-CONTAINED STORY! It’s the Breakfast Club redux as Peter, Mary Jane, Liz, Flash and Kong are busted and given detention. </I>

Axis of Action
08-03-2004, 08:26 AM
I'd ask how Gwen was alive "again" but I'm really too tired to even begin thinking about it.

Isle
08-03-2004, 09:58 AM
i've never read spidey comics, but all this talk of gwen dying has put me under great emotional stress. how does she die, and why?

Ugly
08-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Isle
i've never read spidey comics, but all this talk of gwen dying has put me under great emotional stress. how does she die, and why?

In the "original" Marvel 616 universe - Green Goblin 1 (Norman Osborn) grabbed Gwen Stacy (Peter's then girlfriend) and threw her off a bridge. Spidey shot out his webbing to catch her. He caught her, alright, and broke her friggin neck

In the "Ultimate" Marvel universe (the revamp continuity where Peter is a teenager in high school again, everyone is still alive, etc.) Gwen Stacy lives with Peter and his Aunt May. Peter has a blood sample taken from Dr. Curt Connors. Said blood sample somehow contributes to the creation of "Carnage". "Carnage" runs into Gwen Stacy, stabs her in the guy and sucks all the life out of her. The last thing Gwen sees before she dies is Peter's face emerging from the depths of "Carnage".

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.