View Full Version : its official.....


ImplodingVoices
07-26-2004, 12:51 PM
People w/ shitty taste in music love Machina. Me and two of my friends were having a poker night last weekend. Someone usually brings music and it was my turn to bring the music. I tend to expose my friends to The Smashing Pumpkins whenever possible so I brought my Pumpkins cds. I played Twlight to Starlight, then Machina and ended w/ Siamese Dream. My friends who usually likes shitty music like Good Charlotte said Machina was the best one. Can anyone explain why anyone would like Machina more than Twilgiht to Starlight or Siamese Dream?
Discuss

Cherub Angel
07-26-2004, 01:13 PM
What I find weird is that some of my friends who aren't hard core music fans love Machina. I told this one kid once that it wasn't my favourite SP album and he basically said "I don't care what you say, I can listen to this album again and again and never get tired of it."

As it ages, I'm even appreciating Machina a bit more. It's grown on me.

severin
07-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel

As it ages, I'm even appreciating Machina a bit more. It's grown on me. so basically what you're saying is, that your taste in music get's worse the older you get?

Dead
07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I used to listen to Machina every single friday for a period of a few months, never got bored. It was great. I would listen to it while walking to and from work. I skipped a few songs because I couldn't play the full thing during that amount of time. But it's such a great album.

smashingjj
07-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I used to listen to Machina every single friday for a period of a few months, never got bored. It was great. I would listen to it while walking to and from work. I skipped a few songs because I couldn't play the full thing during that amount of time. But it's such a great album. this is not to machina's advantage, i'm afraid.

Spaldz
07-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I disagree. Machina is a great album, but its hard to compare alot of the pumpkins albums as they are so different. My personal favourite used to be Machina but is now Gish..I find it hangs together better than say Mellon Collie which I love but there are a few songs on there which really shouldn't of made the final album

Cherub Angel
07-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by severin
so basically what you're saying is, that your taste in music get's worse the older you get?

I didn't say that the kid had bad taste in music. I don't really agree with Imploding Voices on the whole 'shitty music lovers like Machina' thing. For some reason though, it seems to be an accessible album with some people. Out of all of the SP albums that kid I knew listened to, he liked that one the best.

Woody
07-26-2004, 01:59 PM
My mate insists Stand Inside Your Love is the best Pumpkins track and that the rest are shit. :erm

Cherub Angel
07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Woody
My mate insists Stand Inside Your Love is the best Pumpkins track and that the rest are shit. :erm

that's another thing. I knew this kid who hated SP but loved that song.

ChoobieWoobie
07-26-2004, 02:51 PM
So if Machina is so shitty, then why did you bring it? foo.

soniclovenoize
07-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ImplodingVoices

Discuss
You took your screen name from a Machina song.

Mayfuck
07-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ChoobieWoobie
So if Machina is so shitty, then why did you bring it? foo.

Originally posted by soniclovenoize

You took your screen name from a Machina song

He never said MACHINA was a shitty album.

Blank
07-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ImplodingVoices
People w/ shitty taste in music love Machina. Me and two of my friends were having a poker night last weekend. Someone usually brings music and it was my turn to bring the music. I tend to expose my friends to The Smashing Pumpkins whenever possible so I brought my Pumpkins cds. I played Twlight to Starlight, then Machina and ended w/ Siamese Dream. My friends who usually likes shitty music like Good Charlotte said Machina was the best one. Can anyone explain why anyone would like Machina more than Twilgiht to Starlight or Siamese Dream?
Discuss
What else do you guys make "official" and expose each other to during your poker night?

alisonmonster
07-26-2004, 07:47 PM
i think Glass and the Ghost Children is their only song ive never bothered to listen all the way through

Oranjes
07-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz
there are a few songs on there which really shouldn't of made the final album True, but can't that be said with almost any album? I find myself playing favorites with certain tracks all the time. I see what you mean tho, more so than other albums right?

neopryn
07-26-2004, 08:29 PM
As time goes by I hate Machina more and more.

neopryn
07-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Oranjes
True, but can't that be said with almost any album? I find myself playing favorites with certain tracks all the time. Of course everyone prefers some songs over others, but with Gish thru Adore, I really don't take any issue with the song selection. Some great tracks were left out, but in most cases they didn't fit or simply weren't good enough.

On Machina he managed to record material pretty much up to standard with anything he's ever done, but then he produced it to hell and back or left it off the album.

ImplodingVoices
07-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I never said Machina was a shitty album just taht the other two were better.

Cherub Angel
07-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by ImplodingVoices
I never said Machina was a shitty album just taht the other two were better.

but you implied that it was shitty when you said that people with shitty music tastes like Machina.

ImplodingVoices
07-27-2004, 08:04 PM
i didnt imply shit i was making a surprised observation that people w/ shitty taste in music would like Machina