View Full Version : Mellon Collie one disc tracklisting

Nova
07-22-2004, 11:45 AM
1. MCIS (The DEMO, not the album version. It's so much better.)
2. Tonight, Tonight
3. Muzzle
4. Ruby
5. Thirty-Three
6. To Forgive
7. 1979
8. Bullet
9. Zero
10. The Aeroplane Flies High (forget Flood saying it was too 'Heavy Metal', pfft)
11. XYU
12. Porcelina
13. In the Arms of Sleep
14. Lily
15. Farewell and Goodnight

Dead
07-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Nova
1. MCIS (The DEMO, not the album version. It's so much better.)

What demo?

Diamond Dream
07-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Hum.. I think theres a demo but wheres it from??

Dead
07-22-2004, 02:08 PM
There's no demo unless you're talking about the one on Sequence 4 which is shit quality and not a demo. If it's even on there, I think it is but I don't remember.

Fathoms (unadored)
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Given that it strains the neo-cortex to respectively soak up an album that clocks in at 2 hours I can sympathize with ones proclivity. However, by meddling with the track listing to so such a degree, you are devouring one of its most precious qualities… It’s grandeur,

Mellon Collie and the Infinite sadness is the audio equivalent to a theme park. It has roller coasters (Porcelina, TTEOR), haunted houses and funhouses (Where Boys Fear to Tread, Cupid de locke), cotton candy (By Starlight, Galapogus) bumper cars (Bodies, Zero) and much more. How would you feel if somebody just came along and closed down half a theme park because not everybody likes certain rides? MCIS is supposed to be this long, though people might refuse to acknowledge it, the infinite amount of threads such as this one suggest it is impossible to boil down MCIS into a single masterwork because few people can agree to the 15 or so songs that would make the cut! I for one, could not imagine an album called MCIS that doesn’t, after a monstrous journey , end with the five final songs of Twilight to Starlight.

Furthermore, as the centerpiece of TAFH box set, Aeroplane is intrinsically more valuable there than it would be on the album, which already carries 3 epic attractions. There are plenty of songs on TAFH that are good enough to be album songs but for my money, they work best as part of the set, which offers 5 criminally endearing mini-albums.

tcm
07-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Dead
There's no demo unless you're talking about the one on Sequence 4 which is shit quality and not a demo. If it's even on there, I think it is but I don't remember.
it's on here: http://spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=162

this is still dumb, though.

Liquid-J
07-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
Given that it strains the neo-cortex to respectively soak up an album that clocks in at 2 hours I can sympathize with ones proclivity. However, by meddling with the track listing to so such a degree, you are devouring one of its most precious qualities… It’s grandeur,

Mellon Collie and the Infinite sadness is the audio equivalent to a theme park. It has roller coasters (Porcelina, TTEOR), haunted houses and funhouses (Where Boys Fear to Tread, Cupid de locke), cotton candy (By Starlight, Galapogus) bumper cars (Bodies, Zero) and much more. How would you feel if somebody just came along and closed down half a theme park because not everybody likes certain rides? MCIS is supposed to be this long, though people might refuse to acknowledge it, the infinite amount of threads such as this one suggest it is impossible to boil down MCIS into a single masterwork because few people can agree to the 15 or so songs that would make the cut! I for one, could not imagine an album called MCIS that doesn’t, after a monstrous journey , end with the five final songs of Twilight to Starlight.

Furthermore, as the centerpiece of TAFH box set, Aeroplane is intrinsically more valuable there than it would be on the album, which already carries 3 epic attractions. There are plenty of songs on TAFH that are good enough to be album songs but for my money, they work best as part of the set, which offers 5 criminally endearing mini-albums.

NOVA GOT SERVED!!!

Rockin' Cherub
07-22-2004, 06:32 PM

What demo?
there's also that late siamese dream outtake - infinite sadness. it's on mashed potatoes i think, and pretty cool.

Diamond Dream
07-22-2004, 07:17 PM
...and on the MCIS Vinyl

Monte
07-22-2004, 07:39 PM
how many times are we going have topics like this...

Dead
07-22-2004, 09:36 PM
That's not a demo you dorks. It's a totally different song.

christian zombie vampires
07-22-2004, 09:43 PM
1. tonight tonight
2. van full of retards
3. you were pregnant so i punched you in the stomach
4. here is no why
5. hitler was a sensitive man
6. no we don't want to do a split 7" with your stupid fucking band
7. love
8. thru the eyes of ruby
9. art fag
10. you went to see dishwalla and everclear (you're gay)
11. i snuck a retard into a sperm bank
12. cupid de locke
13. i sold your dog to a chinese restauraunt
14. porcelina of the vast oceans
15. i sent a thank you card to the guy who raped you
16. farewell and goodnight

Rider
07-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Congratulations, your 500th person to post this topic here is your prize:

STFU

ImplodingVoices
07-22-2004, 11:28 PM
i no this topic has been beaten to a pulp but heres my two cents:

1. Muzzle
2. 1979
3. Here Is No why
4. Bodies
5. Thirty-Three
6. Tonight, tonight
7. Porcelina
8. Zero
9. Thre the eyes of ruby
10. Stumbeline
11. To Forgive
12. XYU
13. Galopagos
14. By Starlight

ZackZ
07-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by thrillhouse
1. tonight tonight
2. van full of retards
3. you were pregnant so i punched you in the stomach
4. here is no why
5. hitler was a sensitive man
6. no we don't want to do a split 7" with your stupid fucking band
7. love
8. thru the eyes of ruby
9. art fag
10. you went to see dishwalla and everclear (you're gay)
11. i snuck a retard into a sperm bank
12. cupid de locke
13. i sold your dog to a chinese restauraunt
14. porcelina of the vast oceans
15. i sent a thank you card to the guy who raped you
16. farewell and goodnight

17. you look adopted

hendy
07-23-2004, 01:39 AM
18. Shitting in the Shower

Corganist
07-23-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by tcm

it's on here: http://spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=162

this is still dumb, though.
Yep. There definitely is a demo of MCIS. Been a while since I've listened to it, but its not that different from the one on the album as I remember. Just straight piano, none of the strings or anything like that. The mellotron version on Sequence IV is a lot more interesting IMO.

C33
07-23-2004, 05:46 AM
There's no demo
yes there is

on mcis demos 1

Starchildren
07-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by hendy
18. Shitting in the Shower

19. I Got An Office Job For The Sole Purpose Of Sexually Harassing Women

thuway
07-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Why anyone would make a topic like this is beyond me.

wpc33
08-14-2004, 08:07 AM
I bump this for the pure hilarity of the replies, but you gotta admit, despite being flawed with Lily there, acting a clunker, and needing to be switched with By Starlight, that mix flows reallly quite well...and I just happen to appreciate a good mix:D