View Full Version : Octopus Jar Appreciation Thread

Octopus Jar
07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
asdfasdf

pastor
07-15-2004, 12:32 PM
I really hope Toby gets that job. I'm really pulling for him, you know? It would be good for him to have something to do during the day, not to mention the salary and--if it's that kind of job--the promise of greater opportunity ahead.

KrazeeStacee
07-15-2004, 12:33 PM
I just had a bag of popcorn, it was splendid. Except I can't ever finish a whole bag. :(

BeautifulLoser
07-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin
I just had a bag of popcorn, it was splendid. Except I can't ever finish a whole bag. :( Was it Kettle Corn?

Octopus Jar
07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
I just had a bag of popcorn, it was splendid. Except I can't ever finish a whole bag. :(

are you eating it out of an <i>octopus jar</i>?

i don't feel any love :( :( :(

KrazeeStacee
07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BeautifulLoser
Was it Kettle Corn?

No, just normal "Act II" butter popcorn. We get like a few free bags of it when we order supplies for the office. :smoke:

BeautifulLoser
07-15-2004, 12:35 PM

No, just normal "Act II" butter popcorn. We get like a few free bags of it when we order supplies for the office. :smoke: Ha... free <i>is</i> the best flavor.

But I'm pretty spoiled on Kettle Corn. I don't eat any other kind now. :p

I_was_aborted
07-15-2004, 12:35 PM
I wish I had a better place to eat lunch that Mr Chicken today. :(

I have Mr CHicken and an overpriced gyro place with annoying business people there. Bastards.

KrazeeStacee
07-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BeautifulLoser
Ha... free <i>is</i> the best flavor.

But I'm pretty spoiled on Kettle Corn. I don't eat any other kind now. :p

I really don't like popcorn, except on EXTREME occassions...like if I'm sick and crave something salty I'll eat a bag...or like now I'm trying to save money so I don't eat lunch...but like I'm never one to sit with a movie and popcorn. Usually because it becomes a compulsive thing to eat to subdue the craving for nicotine in movie theaters...then my mouth gets all dry and I drink lots of pop, then I have to pee and end up missing the best part of the movie. :(

Octopus Jar
07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
guys keep talking about popcorn

to the outsiders, it looks like there's a good discussion going on about how cool i am

KrazeeStacee
07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted

I have Mr CHicken and an overpriced gyro place with annoying business people there. Bastards.

If you had a car we could go eat at some of the awesome places I have around here! mmmmm

wondercunt
07-15-2004, 12:39 PM
I love the Blockbuster brand popcorn. I haven't seen them selling it in a while. I wonder if its production has been discontinued?

I_was_aborted
07-15-2004, 12:40 PM

If you had a car we could go eat at some of the awesome places I have around here! mmmmm

Grrr bastardo!

KrazeeStacee
07-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by wondercunt
I love the Blockbuster brand popcorn. I haven't seen them selling it in a while. I wonder if its production has been discontinued?

Hmm, I dunno...why would they discontinue it, they're a movie rental place! That's like a staple! Other than junior mints and sour patch kids, of course ;)

KrazeeStacee
07-15-2004, 12:43 PM

Grrr bastardo!

There's this Italian place across the street that's got pretty amazing pizza. Then there's every fast food imaginable. Well sorta.

I want to go to Panera because I've never been there. My boss brought me back a half a sandwich once and it was awesome, but it's hard for me to get the motivation to actually go there. =\

pastor
07-15-2004, 12:45 PM

I hope Toby isn't applying to a Mr Chicken. That place doesn't have the kinda upward mobility that I'm hoping for my little Tobes. I envision him working as a hot-shot stockbroker or a hairdresser at a fancy, uber-competitive salon. I know he'll do well at the interview today; he's got the kind of personality to put people at ease...without being so informal as to suggest a disregard for authority. And while charisma is on his side, he apparently does lack some of the technical credentials that his swarthy rival applicants have. Still, with his connections, I'm sure everything'll work out for him and he'll be posting about the day's big stock sales or his latest finely sculpted bouffant. I just know. Trust and faith in Lord Jesus Christ.

I_was_aborted
07-15-2004, 12:47 PM

There's this Italian place across the street that's got pretty amazing pizza. Then there's every fast food imaginable. Well sorta.

I want to go to Panera because I've never been there. My boss brought me back a half a sandwich once and it was awesome, but it's hard for me to get the motivation to actually go there. =\

If I walk 5 or 6 blocks(maybe more?) I get to choose from kfc, mcdonalds or burger king...but its a little far to walk and I don't have my bike. I guess I could walk anyway, good way to waste time. But as you said, motivation is lacking. :)

I'm sure Toby will do just fine Mr. Pastor.

pastor
07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm sure Toby will do just fine Mr. Pastor.

Thanks for the support and are you my Samwise Gamgee? Or some kind of overbearingly polite British urchin who sees his social wiles as a way into the upper classes or something? You don't have to call me Mister, dude. See, I just called you dude. I can hang. We can hang. Together, if it's absolutely necessary.