View Full Version : Did You Know fact sharing thread!

Isle
07-14-2004, 12:14 PM
In Japan, Meatloaf's single Two Out of Three Ain't Bad was released as "Sixty-Six Percent is Alright"

ps: :rofl:

i_dont_live
07-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Maynard James Keenan of Tool was not originally a singer. he played rhythm guitar, bult felt he was obsolete. leaving practice one day, Maynard watched a bunch of kids on bikes scratching his car. as they rode off, he screamed after them "GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS!" Adam Jones was impressed with Maynards lung capacity and asked if he sung. and it went from there...

Geek USA
07-14-2004, 12:21 PM
i think i'm going to faint.

Isle
07-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by i_dont_live
Maynard James Keenan of Tool was not originally a singer. he played rhythm guitar, bult felt he was obsolete. leaving practice one day, Maynard watched a bunch of kids on bikes scratching his car. as they rode off, he screamed after them "GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS!" Adam Jones was impressed with Maynards lung capacity and asked if he sung. and it went from there...

wow thats neat!

mxzombie
07-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Maynard James Keenan of Tool was not originally a singer. he played rhythm guitar, bult felt he was obsolete. leaving practice one day, Maynard watched a bunch of kids on bikes scratching his car. as they rode off, he screamed after them "GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS!" Adam Jones was impressed with Maynards lung capacity and asked if he sung. and it went from there... 2cool

Isle
07-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Geek USA
i think i'm going to faint.

r u hot

Coen
07-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Did you know that every 5 minutes you hear the song 'Radar Love' from the dutch band 'Golden Earring' on the american radio?

audiopumpkin10
07-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Isle
In Japan, Meatloaf's single Two Out of Three Ain't Bad was released as "Sixty-Six Percent is Alright"

ps: :rofl:
THAT was interesting :rofl:

audiopumpkin10
07-14-2004, 12:32 PM
sixty six percent is alright.....................
:D

Dr Riot
07-14-2004, 12:39 PM
BOO! This is a boring thread I wasted my time reading all this

cap'n jazz
07-14-2004, 12:55 PM
netphoria is on the internet

i_dont_live
07-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by cap'n jazz
netphoria is on the internet

no no wait.....

run that by me again. its LOOKS like you're trying to say that Netphoria is a.....................website? on the internet?

Coen
07-14-2004, 12:58 PM

no no wait.....

run that by me again. its LOOKS like you're trying to say that Netphoria is a.....................website? on the internet?

Did you try to be funny?

You failed.

i_dont_live
07-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Coen

Did you try to be funny?

You failed.

no. just plain dry sarcasm.

cap'n jazz
07-14-2004, 01:02 PM

no. just plain dry sarcasm.

isn't sarcasm supposed to be witty

Isle
07-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Hops is used to flavor beer!

GreenEggsNSpam
07-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Hops is used to flavor beer! Ancient Hops and Grain juice!

severin
07-14-2004, 03:08 PM
In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.

Talented juvenile actress Claire Danes left New York and came to Los Angeles to audition for a role in Schindler's List (1993). In the interim, she was discovered for the starring role on TVís My So Called Life. Spielberg ultimately cast her in Schindlerís List, but Danes turned the part down because the film's producers werenít willing to pay her schooling in Poland.

Koalas and humans are the only animals with unique prints. Koala prints cannot be distinguished from human fingerprints.

A polar air mass moving south from Canada may pick up from the Mississippi basin more than nine times as much water as flows out from the mouth of the river.

In the U.S. Colonial period, salmon was quite plentiful and cheap on the eastern coast. Back then, some servants stipulated in their work contracts that they would not be served salmon at a meal more than once a week.

Coen
07-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by severin

Koalas and humans are the only animals with unique prints. Koala prints cannot be distinguished from human fingerprints.

Wow, I didn't know that. I learned something today!

severin
07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Coen

Wow, I didn't know that. I learned something today! do not thank me, thank www.uselessknowledge.com !

spring
07-14-2004, 03:39 PM
parsley is the most popular herb in the world.

'tis true..i heard it on the radio!

severin
07-14-2004, 03:54 PM
these are cool too:

Venus is the planet that turns most slowly on its axis. It spins once every 243 Earth days. Since Venus takes 224 Earth days to complete one orbit of the Sun, its days are longer than its years.

Fleas can accelerate 50 times faster than the space shuttle.

Catnip can affect lions and tigers as well as house cats. It excites them because it contains a chemical that resembles an excretion of the dominant female's urine.

Liquid-J
07-14-2004, 04:04 PM

these are cool too:

Venus is the planet that turns most slowly on its axis. It spins once every 243 Earth days. Since Venus takes 224 Earth days to complete one orbit of the Sun, its days are longer than its years.

Fleas can accelerate 50 times faster than the space shuttle.

those are awesome. (do all space shuttles accelerate at the same speed?)

severin
07-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J

those are awesome. (do all space shuttles accelerate at the same speed?) i'd think so. i mean all the space shuttles are pretty much built the same way, so i'd guess they accellerate the same way....there might be rockets or something that are faster or slower...

Isle
07-14-2004, 04:20 PM
netphoria is the 300andsomethingth biggest messageboard on the internet

severin
07-14-2004, 04:23 PM
netphoria is the 300andsomethingth biggest messageboard on the internet acutally, we are ranked higher...due to several software chagnes etc. the statistics on the frontpage which were taken for this list aren't accurate. i once summed up all postcounts from the user list and compared it to the numbers in the list. and we were much higher...dman, now you got me to search for the post

Isle
07-14-2004, 04:25 PM
acutally, we are ranked higher...due to several software chagnes etc. the statistics on the frontpage which were taken for this list aren't accurate. i once summed up all postcounts from the user list and compared it to the numbers in the list. and we were much higher...dman, now you got me to search for the post

woo! anything to validate my virtual social life.

severin
07-14-2004, 04:35 PM

woo! anything to validate my virtual social life. ok, which one do you want, the therad where i did it first, or the one where i linked the thread where i did it first ?

Isle
07-14-2004, 04:35 PM
the one with the facts?

severin
07-14-2004, 04:37 PM
the one with the facts?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45993
keep in mind, this was about 6 months ago, so it might be not quite correct anymore...

Nimrod's Son
07-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina.

meow
07-14-2004, 07:08 PM

thats really cool.

the meatloaf thing cracked me up though!

C33
07-14-2004, 07:11 PM
The lungs of an average adult, unfolded and flattened out, would cover an area the size of a tennis court.

Lizard Queen
07-14-2004, 08:01 PM
:D

Two out of three adults in the United States have hemorrhoids.

Liquid-J
07-14-2004, 08:03 PM
my butt is made of chocolate

interzone
07-14-2004, 08:32 PM
All of the young in a litter of armadillos are the same sex.

avian chaos
07-14-2004, 08:42 PM

In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.

My boyfriend was telling me the other day about some country or city where punishment for being caught driving under the influence is being driven 20 miles out of city limits and dropped off with no vehicle or source of transportation, other than your own two feet!