View Full Version : Fucking rain.

skippy
07-13-2004, 02:44 AM
I was trapped at a diner for like 5 hours thanks to record setting rainfall that closed every road leading to my development. That really sucked. And I drank 16 cups of coffee and now I feel sick.

tootsie
07-13-2004, 02:44 AM
jesus, 16? you must be frazzled.

Dead
07-13-2004, 02:45 AM
I thought everyone on netphoria liked rain.

Toby
07-13-2004, 02:46 AM
It's rained here just about everyday for the last 3 weeks almost, I'm about sick of it really.

skippy
07-13-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Dead

I like a little rain. Not 5 inches in one day. There were like dams busting and shit.

And i am very frazzled.

Nothing/everything
07-13-2004, 02:51 AM
it's the midst of summer, and it has been raining and (relatively) cold for weeks here. No sign of summer yet. Luckely i have to continue with my science project until the end of july, i don't mind the cool weather. Wearing a labcoat, plastic gloves and working near a flame isn't really the nicest thing when it's 100F.

i_dont_live
07-13-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Dead

not me.:mad:

Toby
07-13-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by i_dont_live

not me.:mad: wat fark? rain is sexual :o

i_dont_live
07-13-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Toby
wat fark? rain is sexual :o

the thing is, i live in this great little town where all the CD stores and cafes are like 5 minutes walk away. the only thing between a boring day and a fun one is the rain.

Toby
07-13-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by i_dont_live

the thing is, i live in this great little town where all the CD stores and cafes are like 5 minutes walk away. the only thing between a boring day and a fun one is the rain.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/dosti/images/2001_normal/umbrella.jpg

pale blue eyes
07-13-2004, 05:35 AM
I was stuck on I-95 for a while because two of the lanes were completely flooded. I've never seen it rain that hard all day long before.

Esty
07-13-2004, 06:27 AM
Chicago has been really muggy lately. Wish it would rain here and cool it off a bit.

skippy
07-13-2004, 12:37 PM
"The heaviest rainfall in Burlington County was about 13 inches at Tabernacle, the National Weather Service said."

I guess i was a little under with my estimate of 5 inches. Tabernacle is like 4 miles from where I live. Yeah, it rained a little.

wondercunt
07-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by pale blue eyes
I was stuck on I-95 for a while because two of the lanes were completely flooded. I've never seen it rain that hard all day long before.

where live you? im scared to get on i-95.. everyone that drives on highways is out to keep me trapped in the on-ramp.

Junebug
07-13-2004, 12:48 PM
aww that sounds like fun! did the diner hand out free pie or anything? were there lots of patrons in there with you? did anyone dance in the rain? 13 inches is an insane amount though. Sorry you got stuck. It's been raining every day here for the past three weeks...it's wonderful. Except I'm always stuck inside when it starts pouring and I can never go play in it :erm

pale blue eyes
07-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by wondercunt

where live you? im scared to get on i-95.. everyone that drives on highways is out to keep me trapped in the on-ramp.

I'm in Wilmington, just south of the PA line. I used to hate driving on I-95 myself but I got used to it, especially since the only other way I know to get to work is to take a long drive through Chester :erm I'm the wuss who lets everyone in front of them, unless you've cut me off, they I will drive even with you and make sure you don't change lanes at all. Assholes. :mad:

wondercunt
07-13-2004, 02:00 PM

I'm in Wilmington, just south of the PA line. I used to hate driving on I-95 myself but I got used to it, especially since the only other way I know to get to work is to take a long drive through Chester :erm I'm the wuss who lets everyone in front of them, unless you've cut me off, they I will drive even with you and make sure you don't change lanes either at all. Assholes. :mad:

it sucks even more when you're trying to shove your ass into a mountain range of SUV's in the weave lane. i hate highways. :mad: :mad:

pale blue eyes
07-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah, they're the worst. They drive like they own the fucking road, no signaling during lane changes, weaving in and out of traffic at 80mph :mad: This past winter I saw some guy who gave me the finger for apparently not driving fast enough wipe out in his huge ass Toyate Tundra a few minutes later. I waved goodbye as I passed him :)

Esty
07-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, they're the worst. They drive like they own the fucking road, no signaling during lane changes, weaving in and out of traffic at 80mph :mad: This past winter I saw some guy who gave me the finger for apparently not driving fast enough wipe out in his huge ass Toyate Tundra a few minutes later. I waved goodbye as I passed him :)

Thats a great story E, now clean out your PM box.:mad:

Liquid-J
07-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew
I drank 16 cups of coffee

what. the. hell.:eek:

pale blue eyes
07-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Esty

Thats a great story E, now clean out your PM box.:mad:

Done and done. Leaving for work :(