View Full Version : Can somebody please explain to me how the Giants are 6-4?

sawdust restaurants
11-18-2002, 02:29 AM
They consistently play like shit, yet they have won two more games than they have lost. Granted, they play in an awful division, but still.

bjornborg.org
11-18-2002, 02:33 AM
It's eerily reminiscent of 2000. They played like two good games all year, one of which happened to be in the NFC championship, the most humiliating loss my Vikings have ever had to endure.

I won't be at all surprised to see them back in the NFC title game. But they have no shot against the Packers or Niners. You would think anyway.

skippy
11-18-2002, 02:38 AM
They actually have a chance to win the divsion. But only because McNabb broke his ankle today and is out for the rest of the season. What a fucking waste.

sawdust restaurants
11-18-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by bjornborg.org
It's eerily reminiscent of 2000. They played like two good games all year, one of which happened to be in the NFC championship, the most humiliating loss my Vikings have ever had to endure.

I won't be at all surprised to see them back in the NFC title game. But they have no shot against the Packers or Niners. You would think anyway.

No--they were a pretty good team in 2000. Not a great team, but pretty good. They beat some quality teams. And they beat the shit out of the Vikings.

They are, at best, a decent team this year. And they're still 6-4.

bjornborg.org
11-18-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants

No--they were a pretty good team in 2000. Not a great team, but pretty good. They beat some quality teams. And they beat the shit out of the Vikings.

They are, at best, a decent team this year. And they're still 6-4.

You're right. But I think at this point in the 2000 season the Giants were very average. I remember the response Fassel's "playoff" comments got.

Funny. The Vikings have never recovered from that loss, though there's obvioulsy been major personnel, coaching, etc. issues that have fueled their woes. But fuck, they go to the NFC Championship in 98 and 2000 and since then are like 7-19.

*starts thinking Enisled was on to something w/ his suicide rant*

Mr. Rhinoceros
11-18-2002, 10:14 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Mostly defense. Especially their cornerbacks, Will Allen and William Peterson and Jason Sehorn at free safety.

And their passing game is pretty sharp, Collins has played well in the games I've seen and he's got Amani Toomer, Ike Hillard and rookie TE Jeremy Shockey to throw to.</font>