View Full Version : Some good news for a change

the_boy
10-01-2002, 02:52 PM
http://msnbc.com/news/815212.asp?pne=msn

GO HUMANITY!
This is actually really making me happy. I took a whole course last yr on environmental biology, and had to do a seminar on global warming, fossil fuel use, ozone layer, etc... So this is pretty exciting news (for me, anyway)

Samsa
10-01-2002, 02:54 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by the_boy:
http://msnbc.com/news/815212.asp?pne=msn

GO HUMANITY!
This is actually really making me happy. I took a whole course last yr on environmental biology, and had to do a seminar on global warming, fossil fuel use, ozone layer, etc... So this is pretty exciting news (for me, anyway)</font>

the fuel cell automobile has also been invented. is hydrogen fuel really dangerous and prone to explosions though?

the_boy
10-01-2002, 03:01 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Samsa:
the fuel cell automobile has also been invented. is hydrogen fuel really dangerous and prone to explosions though?</font>

Yea, but they're not gonna start mass producing them (fuel cell cars, that is) until 2010 or something like that. Im not really sure, but i think i remember reading somewhere that the US government is really gonna push this thing, and that the plan is to have 10% of all cars in certain states fuel celled by 2012 or 2015.
I dont know much about the H-fuel cars either. I know they showcased them at autoshows this summer, but Im not sure what the plans are for that. My guess is theres still alot of work to do there.

Ugly
10-01-2002, 04:57 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by the_boy:
Yea, but they're not gonna start mass producing them (fuel cell cars, that is) until 2010 or something like that. Im not really sure, but i think i remember reading somewhere that the US government is really gonna push this thing, and that the plan is to have 10% of all cars in certain states fuel celled by 2012 or 2015.
I dont know much about the H-fuel cars either. I know they showcased them at autoshows this summer, but Im not sure what the plans are for that. My guess is theres still alot of work to do there.</font>

the real question about fuel cell cars: is there still a possiblity that you could suffocate while the car is still running in the driveway, though?

------------------
I'm not gay.
I'm not gay.
But I dance around in a gay, gay way.

Irrelevant
10-01-2002, 06:37 PM
i want a goddamn H-fuel cell car now. the one with electric controls.

Undone
10-01-2002, 07:25 PM
<font color="CC33CC">I'm still waiting for flying cars. Dammit.

Ugly
10-02-2002, 06:40 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Undone:
<font color="CC33CC">I'm still waiting for flying cars. Dammit.</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/Forum2/HTML/008723.html

I saw your post, couldn't find the script, so I typed it out. Very good points raised.

------------------
I'm not gay.
I'm not gay.
But I dance around in a gay, gay way.