View Full Version : Anybody know anything about tazers?

Raskolnikov
09-25-2002, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking about buying one of these for my girlfriend. She's got a long walk back from a dark and marshy parking lot every night at college.

We were thinking about some mace... but she's heard bad things about mace backfiring in the wind.

So, what about the tazer? Anybody ever played around with one? Where would a person get a tazer at?

KrazeeStacee
09-25-2002, 05:55 PM
What about a knife and some self-defense classes?

Debaser
09-25-2002, 06:29 PM
i saw that jackass episode when johnny knoxville had somebody pepper spray him, close tazer him, & coil tazer him. goddamn i laughed so fucking hard it hurt.

in the end he said that the Pepper Spray was the worse BY FAR cuz the extreme PAIN just lingers while the electric ones just shock you temporarily and you can just recover quickly.

[This message has been edited by Debaser (edited 09-25-2002).]

Orchestra
09-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Well, their are Close tazers, and coil tazers,
Coil tazers shoot coils that grip the person and deliver the shock, I don't reccomend these, close is a tazer that has 2 seperate sharp ****l peices, to go throught clothing. You can buy them on E-bay for cheap(as far as they go). I remember one that had the caption "Leave your attacker one the ground trying to remember how to move his arms & legs. They can cause permentant damage if the tazer is left on the attacker(if the battery doesn't short).

Raskolnikov
09-25-2002, 07:07 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Orchestra:
I remember one that had the caption "Leave your attacker one the ground trying to remember how to move his arms & legs"</font>

hahaha! That's easily the funniest thing I've read all day long.

Samsa
09-25-2002, 07:09 PM
i'd go with mace.

timmcveigh was very pro - mace :-/

he once wrote a letter to his congressman, he was mad cuz they passed some law near where he lived about how mace is considered a concealed weapon and you can't carry it or something. he said women should be allowed to protect themselves.

------------------

http://www.nando.net/ips_rich_content/838-mcveigh.JPG

So was I once myself a swinger of birches.
And so I dream of going back to be.
It's when I'm weary of considerations,
And life is too much like a pathless wood
Where your face burns and tickles with the cobwebs
Broken across it, and one eye is weeping
From a twig's having lashed across it open.
I'd like to get away from earth awhile
And then come back to it and begin over.
May no fate willfully misunderstand me
And half grant what I wish and snatch me away
Not to return. Earth's the right place for love:
I don't know where it's likely to go better.
I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree
And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk
Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top and set me down again.
That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.

obscured01
09-25-2002, 07:23 PM
<font color="#DAB9E8">My boyfriend wants a tazer...

We've seen them for sale at the mall at knife stores... and at gun stores. You might want to check there.

------------------
~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic (http://members.door.net/skylab) ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

Samsa
09-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Tim McVeigh
6289 Cambell Blvd.
Lockport, NY 14094

16 FEB 92

Mr. John LaFalce
111 W. Huron St.
Buffalo, NY 14202

Dear Mr. LaFalce,

Recently, I saw an article in the Buffalo News that detailed a man's
arrest; one of the charges being "possession of a noxious substance"
(CS gas). This struck my curiousity (sic), so I went to the New York
State Penal Law. Sure enough, section 270 prohibits possession of
any noxious substance, and included in section 265 is a ban on the
use of "stun guns". Now I am a male, and fully capable of defending
myself, but how about a female?

I strongly believe in a God-given right to self-defense. Should any
other person or a governing body be able to tell a person that he/she
cannot save their own life, because it would be a violation of the
law? In this case, which is more important: faced with a
rapist/murderer, would you pick a.)die, a law abiding citizen or b.)
live, and go to jail?

It is a lie if we tell ourselves that the police can protect us
everywhere, at all times. I am in shock that a law exists which
denies a woman's right to self-defense. Firearms restrictions are
bad enough, but now a woman can't even carry mace in her purse?!?!

/s/Tim McVeigh
(716) 625-9368

FuzzyLogic
09-25-2002, 07:45 PM
in cali mace is illigal to use (i think tazers are too) ... but you can carry it. of course, if you use it it's in a defence situation so it is lgeal.. but wahtever.

in any case, as a girl. i want mace, not a tazer. mace would actually give me time to get away..

FuzzyLogic
09-25-2002, 07:49 PM
oh nd they sell em at military surplus stores, gun and knife shops, and places like that..

Orchestra
09-25-2002, 07:51 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by FuzzyLogic:
in cali mace is illigal to use (i think tazers are too) ... but you can carry it. of course, if you use it it's in a defence situation so it is lgeal.. but wahtever.

in any case, as a girl. i want mace, not a tazer. mace would actually give me time to get away..</font>

most tazers are designed to knock people out.

BlueFish
09-26-2002, 03:01 AM
I have been hit with both tazer and pepperspray (by friends thinking it was a funny joke). Neither is a great defense weapon in my opinion. Yes, the pepperspray hurts, but it also effects the user in close area situations and doesn't leave a crippling effect on the attacker. The tazer was about like being hit hard and only pissed me off, I wouldn't imaging a rapist giving up after being hit by one. If your friend wants to really defend herself a sharp razor knife and some self defense training is the best option. They are perfectly legal to carry, and leave nasty wounds that bleed alot making them weaken quickly and leave a trail for the cops. If she is worried about being raped the loss of blood can also make an errection very difficult.

DeviousJ
09-26-2002, 03:51 AM
http://www.taser.com/

They have a video section! (Which I can't watch on this crappy ISDN line)

Raskolnikov
10-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all the tips, guys... those ones that fire the taser's blast like a bullet are spicy. Check out www.airtaser.com. (http://www.airtaser.com.)

I'm trying too to download the videos, but no dice. Damn .mov files.

Ammy, Dan - do you guys have either? You both seem pretty up to speed on this stuff.

FuzzyLogic
10-01-2002, 10:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Raskolnikov:

Ammy, Dan - do you guys have either? You both seem pretty up to speed on this stuff.</font>

dan's just a punk ass from the ghetto http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

i was thinking about getting pepper spray, just to feel safer when i was making long drives to santa cruz at night in the summer, but now we have a punching bag, and i've learned that I can infact deal a pretty good punch. so i feel much safer with just that. what dan said is a good idea, self defence, yo.

also, i think the tazers are pretty big to carry around all the time and actually have accessable to yourself in a really quick moment.. but i'm not sure..maybe there are smaller ones than i am thinking of. just a thought.

Liquid-J
10-02-2002, 01:43 AM
i have a friend we call tazer... he is tiny and has this electric white/blonde hair. his real name is matt though.