View Full Version : shannon and her bike vs a big metal rod and the street: Round 1

beef curtains
06-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Uugh. someone fucking shoot me. I flipped off my bike and into a busy street, got road rash all over my legs and tore my fucking elbow open down to my wrist.

Got back on the bike and went to work (at the hospital) where about 50 OR nurses violently cleaned me out. At least i got the day off

Dead
06-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Gross. Good luck.

BeautifulLoser
06-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Wow, the bright side: You work at a freakin' hospital

Sorry about that. That sounds like it sucks. :(

barden
06-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Pics?

bonsor
06-16-2004, 07:55 AM
no offense shannon, but i really bet it looked hilarious from a distance. people falling on bikes is always funny from a distance.

did you hear people laughing?

Dr Riot
06-16-2004, 07:55 AM
nurse fetish

beef curtains
06-16-2004, 07:58 AM
most of my arm and my knee are bandaged up. here's my shoulder which isn't

beef curtains
06-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by ******
no offense shannon, but i really bet it looked hilarious from a distance. people falling on bikes is always funny from a distance.

did you hear people laughing?

nah, no one was around except for cars (with their windows up, it was raining) :(
my roommate was horrified. she was right behind me and almost fell over my bike too

BeautifulLoser
06-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by ******

did you hear people laughing? It's funny 'cause it's true.

http://www.marmotgraphics.com/jim/journal/images/april03/bike_yellDSCF0006.jpg

http://www.marmotgraphics.com/jim/journal/images/april03/bike_fallDSCF0008.jpg

:(

i wanna die
06-16-2004, 08:01 AM
what do yall think of my bike?
http://www.thecliffguy.com/g-stomp4.JPG

Dead
06-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Those pics made me laugh. :D

beef curtains
06-16-2004, 08:08 AM
i think my bike has it in for me. i fell off it once a few months ago (fortunately into the grass) and the handlebars got bent.

my other bike got stolen 2 days after having it. bah.

Esty
06-16-2004, 08:14 AM
I feel your pain. A couple of months ago I was going really fast and didn't notice a bump and i went flying. I just sat on the floor and looked far in the distance to a couple of people laughing it up in a car.:( I didn't mind the scrapes and shit, but I landed on my boys and that didn't feel good at all.

spring
06-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by BeautifulLoser
Wow, the bright side: You work at a freakin' hospital

Sorry about that. That sounds like it sucks. :(

I work at a freaking mental hospital. None of my bosses has _ANY_ idea I'm suicidal.

spring
06-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by So very sad about me
i think my bike has it in for me. i fell off it once a few months ago (fortunately into the grass) and the handlebars got bent.

my other bike got stolen 2 days after having it. bah.

*hug*

(yes, you walked right into this one too)

BeautifulLoser
06-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by spring

I work at a freaking mental hospital. None of my bosses has _ANY_ idea I'm suicidal. Suicidal isn't as visible as a bigass scrape all over your arm. If you don't say anything, they're not going to know.

Dead
06-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Suicidal isn't as visible as a bigass scrape all over your arm.
:D

silent1
06-16-2004, 08:28 AM

I work at a freaking mental hospital. None of my bosses has _ANY_ idea I'm suicidal.

they know. they just don't care.

spring
06-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Suicidal isn't as visible as a bigass scrape all over your arm. If you don't say anything, they're not going to know.

that's why it's the leading cause of death in N.Am. for teenagers and youth under 25.

btw..when i send you that postcard, do you want me to also send that book by Leonard Cohen called Beautiful Loser?

scouse_dave
06-16-2004, 09:20 AM
sorry, shan...

2Marlon2Brando
06-16-2004, 09:23 AM
it's a shame that they don't install brakes on bicycles so accidents like this can be avoided.

KrazeeStacee
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Esty
I feel your pain. A couple of months ago I was going really fast and didn't notice a bump and i went flying. I just sat on the floor and looked far in the distance to a couple of people laughing it up in a car.:( I didn't mind the scrapes and shit, but I landed on my boys and that didn't feel good at all.

(kinda off topic)
I really hate it when people laugh at other people that have fallen down. Like, I can kinda understand if you're like in the park and someone falls and doesn't hurt themselves or anything like that.

There was some guy who was kinda dorky looking, riding his bike with his glasses and helmet and he was carrying a small plastic bag. He was riding slowly across the street (I was waiting at the light) and the bag got caught in his spoke and he fell right to the ground in the middle of the street. I felt so awful, I could tell the guy was embarrassed beyond belief, too. I looked over to see if anyone that was standing at the bus stop was going to help him and no one did. These guys were hanging out of their car next to me just laughing and pointing at this poor guy. :(

beef curtains
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando
it's a shame that they don't install brakes on bicycles so accidents like this can be avoided.

you're next bucko. you ride a lot!

2Marlon2Brando
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by So very sad about me

you're next bucko. you ride a lot!

and somehow I manage to not hurt myself or run into big metal rods in the street.

but then again, my brother did buy me a nice bike with brakes on it.

Mayfuck
06-16-2004, 11:20 AM
First that rugby injury and now this. Man, you're pretty hardcore Shannon. What a woman :love:

meow
06-16-2004, 11:22 AM

because they are more concerned looking after the patients, not the staff.

BeautifulLoser
06-16-2004, 11:23 AM

that's why it's the leading cause of death in N.Am. for teenagers and youth under 25.

btw..when i send you that postcard, do you want me to also send that book by Leonard Cohen called Beautiful Loser? Oh wow, that would kick major bootie if you did. I haven't had a chance to read it. :)

meow
06-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Oh wow, that would kick major bootie if you did. I haven't had a chance to read it. :)

you havent read it? dude!