View Full Version : A thread featuring a variety of topics about MARIO 3

Nate the Grate
06-07-2004, 08:10 PM
-Is it possible to beat level 6-5? Seriously, it's friggin hard. I can't do it without a P-Wing!

-What do you think is the maximum number of live you can accumulate after world 1? And how would you get them all? I think it must be like 25, counting possibly the white ship, getting all 3 stars in the card thing, and matching up a star in the match game. I think the most I've ever had is 21.

-I heard that the video of the guy beating the game in 11 minutes is fake because he used an emulator and saved every second. It this true?

-What's your favorite world? The majority will probably be Big World.

feel free to discuss other things...

DeadSwan
06-07-2004, 08:16 PM
i remember hating the angry sun level in level 2.

i don't know. that guy just pissed me off.

and i never passed 6-5

:(

edit: world 2

Stars
06-07-2004, 08:17 PM
ive beat it but it wasnt easy at all

Netphorian Gadabout
06-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Is 6-5 the one where you have to fly with the turtle shell to the top and then you get the hammerhead suit? If so, freaking impossible.

My favorite worl was Sky World (5) if only for 5-3 with the green boot. God I loved that boot.

GreenEggsNSpam
06-07-2004, 09:49 PM
My best solution to the 6-5 Problem:

Keep running around through the level until you are able to aquire the Leaf. Which gives Mario the ability to fly.
You then gently scroll though the level, killing every creture, besides the Koopa.
When it comes down to it, Koopa should be the only guy left staying, and he should be right uner the place where youhave to fly.

Now, just on his back, and start building up speed.
Make sure you have a hold of him tight, because you need him higher up.
Once you get to the top of the level, there should be 2 Plants that want to eat you, several blocks, and a pipe/exit.
Shoot the Koopa in the direction of the Plant creture, and wipe them out.
You then safely walk over to the pipe, and continue on to finish the level.

skippy
06-07-2004, 09:55 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~mledrew/shine.gif

Pleasure|Contempt
06-07-2004, 10:14 PM
-Which level is 6-5?

-After world 1? I don't know, I use the level up trick in the first world to get 99 lives before I even try moving on ;)

-That's correct.

-Tie between 4 and 7

christian zombie vampires
06-07-2004, 10:40 PM
-Is it possible to beat level 6-5? Seriously, it's friggin hard. I can't do it without a P-Wing!

it is tricky, you really just have to keep plugging away at throwing that shell at the right brick in mid air and then going up and doing it again or fly while ducking.

-What do you think is the maximum number of live you can accumulate after world 1? And how would you get them all? I think it must be like 25, counting possibly the white ship, getting all 3 stars in the card thing, and matching up a star in the match game. I think the most I've ever had is 21.

i dunno, but when i play through every level i like to see how fast i can hit 99 lives. i think i've done it by world 3. years ago.

-I heard that the video of the guy beating the game in 11 minutes is fake because he used an emulator and saved every second. It this true?

it is true, it was confirmed by the guy who made it. but it's cool to watch. there apparently is one of him playing/cheating his way through every single level. can someone link to this?

-What's your favorite world? The majority will probably be Big World.

mine would be pipe world.

Starchildren
06-07-2004, 10:41 PM
the 5th sky level is dope.

strange_one
06-07-2004, 10:43 PM
<font color=33FFFF> back in the day I was the first one out of all my friends to beat 6-5, it was a momentous occasion</font>

strange_one
06-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Starchildren
the 5th sky level is dope.

<font color=33FFFF> I like sky but it's just a little too long.</font>

Pleasure|Contempt
06-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok I just checked a FAQ to find out which level 6-5 is and it's easy as hell, wtf?

Dead
06-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I've told this story before, but I had Mario 3 and a game genie. And I wanted to be permanent Tanooki. But they didn't have a code for that. So I screwed around and figured out the code. And to this day I remember the code, which I deciphered over 10 years ago. KOKXGLIE

Also, the game was like $90 and I had to beg my parents, to eventually get it for me cause I was a kid with no money.

Starchildren
06-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Dead
And to this day I remember the code, which I deciphered over 10 years ago. KOKXGLIE

my buddy has a game genie. i will use it next week.

Dead
06-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Starchildren

my buddy has a game genie. i will use it next week.
That's very awesome. Let me know how it goes! :rockon:

Esty
06-08-2004, 01:08 AM
The hardest levels are those world eight levels. That last airship is just too damn hard without a P-wing.

Axis of Action
06-08-2004, 01:16 AM
1) don't remember 6-5. I've been playing all these old games recently, so maybe I'll go back to SMB3 when I'm done with Ninja Gaiden.

2) 99 lives is the max you can get. My cousin and I found out. I think you can do it in 6 or 7, I don't remember which. One of the levels has an area that is just full of coins, and you can easily get 5-9 lives just by running through it. As long as you die and don't complete the level, you can just go through it a number of times and just get up to 99. that said, I accumulate lives in that game like mad. I think just by playing it, by the end of World 2 I easily have 20+ lives.

3) Don't know about the video. It's still pretty sick, even if it was fake.

4) My favorite world actually might be world 2. I'd have to play it through again because I don't remember the later levels too well. world 8 is psycho though. pretty fun, anyhow.