View Full Version : gatgc

Isle
05-30-2004, 10:29 AM
does billy say that weird stuff in glass and the ghost children during the haunting piano part? i'm pretty sure its his voice, but it sounds like a real interview instead of some scripted stuff. anyone know about this?

Rockin' Cherub
05-30-2004, 10:37 AM
the piano plays "le deux machina" and billy talks.

the end.

Isle
05-30-2004, 12:29 PM
that was le deux machina? cool.

why is billy saying that stuff though? is he explaining the mystery or something

Quiet CD
05-30-2004, 12:55 PM
alot of people believe is glass confiding in june (or someone else) about why he is the way he is, and thats probably why everyone dislikes him (its supposed to parallel real life, which i think it does in many ways)... and the person he is talking to isn't really interested or isn't paying attentions, all the uh-huh's etc.

sledge
05-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Quiet CD
alot of people believe is glass confiding in june (or someone else) about why he is the way he is, and thats probably why everyone dislikes him (its supposed to parallel real life, which i think it does in many ways)... and the person he is talking to isn't really interested or isn't paying attentions, all the uh-huh's etc.

Do you really live in Monterey? I'm from Pacific Grove.

Spaldz
05-30-2004, 01:34 PM
If you listen veeerry carefully you can actually tell its the Therapy Session from Vieuphoria .

KAT
05-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
the piano plays "le deux machina" and billy talks.

the end.

http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

Isle
05-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz
If you listen veeerry carefully you can actually tell its the Therapy Session from Vieuphoria .

haha...you know, you could be right

Rockin' Cherub
05-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Isle

haha...you know, you could be right
bullshit!

no...
hey...
you're right...

"...costs you five...pence...so you stand in line you don't have five pence...and i start thinking this is the cause...of all the negativity..."

strange...

Axis of Action
05-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I think that Adore interview really cleared up how MCIS & Machina work together. It's actually somewhat interesting. Machina is the answer to the questions that MCIS posed. As lame as the whole Machina Mystery thing was, I think retrospectively, it was a neat idea.

Rockin' Cherub
05-30-2004, 02:58 PM
entertainment is always a good idea.

i wanna die
05-30-2004, 04:44 PM
its billy. i think it may be a recording of him during thereapy. or according to 'glass lore' (assuming that gatmog:a modern fable is based on true events) he had this conversation with june while she was all coked out and drunk before hitting the road and getting killed in an accident

MMBKG
06-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by i wanna die
its billy. i think it may be a recording of him during thereapy. or according to 'glass lore' (assuming that gatmog:a modern fable is based on true events) he had this conversation with june while she was all coked out and drunk before hitting the road and getting killed in an accident

Yeah, that's what this part is supposed to be.

I always thought it was really cool. And I wish they would have had more story in the songs to clarify just WHAT THE FUCK the concept was about. Otherwise, I really love Machina. A few weak tracks, but that's forgivable after 3 meisterwerks, a stunning debut and hours of B-Side bliss.