View Full Version : is anything exciting going on in toronto or montreal this weekend?

phaedrus
05-19-2004, 01:45 PM
i'm trying to decide where to go this weekend, and i've had offers for places to stay in both cities from my two best friends.

Montreal:
Pro: could go biking around the city with my friend, possibly check out indoor ramps. go to Supersex.
Con: have to take bus to get there ($$), and will be staying with said friend's girlfriend (total bitch, me as third wheel)

Toronto:
Pro: can hitch a ride to and from with parents. place i'm staying at is right downtown. the friend really knows how to have a good time.
Con: no biking. activities may have to be limited due to my friend's financial situation.

machinaddict
05-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Velvet Revolver is playing in Toronto on friday night.
I would go.

shaniqua
05-19-2004, 02:44 PM
t'ronna dance nights and shows...

Fri. May 21
VELVET REVOLVER @ Kool Haus-- $32.50
REVEREND HORTON HEAT, Waking Eyes @ Horseshoe-- $22
TRIO FIBONACCI contemporary classical @ The Music Gallery-- $5-$15
KIDS ON TV, Fox the Boombox, Martyrs, Rastsicule @ Sneaky Dee's
JIMMY SWIFT BAND, Rif Raf @ El Mocambo-- $8
FROM FICTION CD release, Foxtail Varsity Swim Team, Hoosier Poet @ Rivoli
QUASIMOJO, Naw @ Clinton's-- $6
MOTION SICKNESS @ Club 56-- FREE DOLLARS!

Sat. May 22
REVEREND HORTON HEAT, Waking Eyes @ Horseshoe-- $22
THE WAILIN JENNYS @ Rivoli
PHAT BASTARD, Micky Mutts & Guests @ Sneaky Dee's
ASS MACHINE & Guests @ Rancho Relaxo-- $5
JACK IT UP! BENEFIT FOR JACK LAYTON & THE NDP feat. Barlow, The Constantines, The Sadies, Jully Black @ Palais Royale-- $30
BOB WISEMAN'S RECORD RELEASE PARTY, John Oswald, The Phonemes, Knock Knock. Who's There? Comedy @ Music Gallery-- $10, FIRST 25 PEOPLE TO BRING A FOOD DONATION GET A FREE CD!
DOING IT TO DEATH feat. DJs Wes Allen and Daniel Vila @ Club 56- FREE before 11, $2 afterward
WINTARY,The Crawling Kingsnakes, Theresa's Sound World, The Sixtyeights, BAG, Tamika Boyce, Sarah Murray & Band @ 519 Community Centre-- $3+food donation, AA (doors at 7)

Sun. May 23
WAVELENGTH 214 feat. The World Provider, Nonobot Auxiliary Ballet, The Three Ring Circuits feat. Jenny Omnichord, DJ Maggie Mags @ Sneaky Dee's-- PWYC
JOEY RAMONE TRIBUTE @ Horseshoe-- $5
HALLELUJAH feat. DJ Matt Blair @ Cobalt-- FREE DOLLARS!

uhm... i'm going to motion sickness on friday night (my friend is dj'ing), a party on saturday night and wavelength sunday night....

machinaddict
05-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
JIMMY SWIFT BAND, Rif Raf @ El Mocambo-- $8
wait, go to this.

mirrar
05-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
uhm... i'm going to motion sickness on friday night (my friend is dj'ing), a party on saturday night and wavelength sunday night.... holy fucking shit i knew these fucking dorks in high school with a band named motion sickness and i LOLd in the office really loud thinking it was them.

Dead
05-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
is anything exciting going on in toronto
No.

Lizard Queen
05-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
i'm trying to decide where to go this weekend, and i've had offers for places to stay in both cities from my two best friends.

Montreal:
Pro: could go biking around the city with my friend, possibly check out indoor ramps. go to Supersex.
Con: have to take bus to get there ($$), and will be staying with said friend's girlfriend (total bitch, me as third wheel)

I will come with you to Super Sex and show you a wacky party in Montreal.

You can also ditch your friend's girlfriend and curl up on my floor. :) I have food. We can have a poutine food fight.

phaedrus
05-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Lizard Queen

I will come with you to Super Sex and show you a wacky party in Montreal.

You can also ditch your friend's girlfriend and curl up on my floor. :) I have food. We can have a poutine food fight.
sounds appealing. seriously. i've always thought you rock.

however, i think i've made up my mind with toronto.

although, yet another option has presented itself:
staying in kingston to get together with a chick i made out with last month. she's dropping into town for the weekend. problem is, i'm not sure i've got much of a chance at this point, so i'm not going to bet on it.

Lizard Queen
05-20-2004, 01:08 AM
I retract the floor offer. You may now sleep suspended upside down from my ceiling fan.