View Full Version : ANGELS BEAT the Yanks!

Quagmire
05-19-2004, 04:06 AM
i went to the game tonight and was glad i did. aside from missing RJ's perfect game it was a perfect night to go to the park. awesome weather and an angels 1-0 win in 11 innings!

it was a great time, i love pitchers duels.

jenniferkate
05-19-2004, 06:39 AM
i guess javy's inherited moose's No Run Support crown. he's probably thinking, "but i thought i left the expos?"

Waldman: Joe, why didn't you pinch hit for Miguel Cairo in the 10th inning?

Joe: Well, with two outs, it wasn't wise.

Waldman: Um, there was only one out, Joe.

Joe: Right, and Cairo came up big with a double, but we just couldn't bring him around.

Waldman: Joe, Miguel Cairo struck out.

Joe: Yeah, and we couldn't risk anything worse than that.

Waldman: What else is worse than a strikeout?

Joe: A double play.

Waldman: Um, the bases were empty, Joe.

Joe: Right and the risk of a double play is just too big in that situation.

Waldman: Okay . . . um, anyway . . . So was Giambi available to pinch hit during the game?

Joe: Who?

Waldman: Jason Giambi . . . your starting first baseman.

Joe: Well there was no way that I was going to use Giambly or whatever his name is in a spot that big anyway.

Waldman: Okay, Joe, let's move on to something different. Did you have any thoughts about pinch running for Jorge Posada in the ninth inning?

Joe: Yeah, right. With who? Giambly?

Waldman: Well, that's all from the Yankee skipper . . . I think. Now back to you in the studio.

Mayfuck
05-19-2004, 11:03 AM
It's amazing the Angels are doing this well considering half their firepower is disabled.

Nimrod
05-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah, enjoy regular season success, Angels. You don't have a post season rotation.

guz
05-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod
Yeah, enjoy regular season success, Angels. You don't have a post season rotation. a Yankee fan calling out another teams rotation? :rofl:

Nimrod
05-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by guz
a Yankee fan calling out another teams rotation? :rofl: Postseason, you really only need 2 top starters, one good one and one that's average.

Vasquez/Brown/Mussina are a good top 3. Lieber pitches one game in a series.

Done and done.

Quagmire
05-19-2004, 01:39 PM
the angels are winning missing 5 starters. they will be fine.

as for their starters they have Colon, Escobar (has gotten NO run support) and then washburn who has pitched in the big games before. also Sele is a vet who has pitched in post season.

Nimrod
05-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ******
the angels are winning missing 5 starters. they will be fine.

as for their starters they have Colon, Escobar (has gotten NO run support) and then washburn who has pitched in the big games before. also Sele is a vet who has pitched in post season. When you're relying on Kelvim Escobar to start Game 2 of the ALCS, you're in trouble.