View Full Version : dark side of the moon

if you are
05-15-2004, 04:05 AM
has a vibe to it that's completely missing from music today.. by that i mean they really tapped into something, creatively. i guess all their albums did really.. just reminds me of how much music today sucks..... like i needed another reminder. if you're going to start a band, my advice is "don't." cuz odds are, you're going to suck it up hardcore

edit: wow, i "own" now! rock on :D

Dead Frequency
05-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Dude, I fucking love that album. I seriously listened to it 24/7 for a while when I was in highschool. I got all drugged up and went to a laser show of that and the wall, and they were both pretty damn cool.

if you are
05-15-2004, 04:14 AM
cool man.... i think it's a good thing that it's sold ridiculously well over the years. and "the wall" is an amazing movie

Dead Frequency
05-15-2004, 04:40 AM
yea man, much love to pink floyd. i got really drunk and watched the wall for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and that hammer scene made me feel really dizzy and just plain weird.

Irrelevant
05-15-2004, 04:46 AM
Pink Floyd bores my ass off. except for Animals i guess. the rest of it is so totally bland despite their "experimentation" (pfft).

saying that music in '73 was awesome and music now sucks is ignorant. what sucks is your ability to look for interesting music (especially if you're impressed by Pink Floyd).

if you are
05-15-2004, 04:48 AM
1. "animals" rules. rock on
2. i don't know if you can really say dark side of the moon, wish you were here, and animals are concerned that much with experimentation.... they just sound really good to me. i'm not interested in experimentation for experimentation's sake.
3. i just said music sucks NOW, i wasn't even alive in '73 and i couldn't really care less how music was then.. i don't know to be honest
4. stop reading pitchfork so much. i've heard this "pink floyd sucks" argument before, and it's just silly. :rolleyes:

Irrelevant
05-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Pink Floyd sucks = read Pitchfork less?

i think you need to read Rolling Stone less.

if you are
05-15-2004, 04:52 AM
lol. i don't get my music taste from reading magazines etc.

if pink floyd bores you, that's ok.... but i still think they kicked ass, especially compared to what people listen to these days

Irrelevant
05-15-2004, 04:53 AM
Metal Machine Music is great

Irrelevant
05-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Irrelevant
Metal Machine Music is great

wrong board