View Full Version : I was expecting someone to have posted the video of this 'slow and deliberate' behead

Eulogy
05-11-2004, 06:47 PM
ing.

But there's not even a topic about it. I don't think. Surprising.

that bitch kristin
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
you need to get in the netphoria chat. i talked about it.

Eulogy
05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by trykristin
you need to get in the netphoria chat. i talked about it.

Chats suck.

I stop paying attention for like 30 seconds, and then I come back and I don't know what the hell is going on.

that bitch kristin
05-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy

Chats suck.

I stop paying attention for like 30 seconds, and then I come back and I don't know what the hell is going on.

don't do that then. don't be a fag. go to chat 'netphoria' blab babskgha

Eulogy
05-11-2004, 07:02 PM

don't do that then. don't be a fag. go to chat 'netphoria' blab babskgha

Meh.

Netphorian Gadabout
05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Is the whole video actually online somewhere?

that bitch kristin
05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
you can hear him screaming as his throat is being slit and his blood drips all down his neck and over his murders' feet. they all start screaming things as he's screaming for his life, but no one comes to his rescue and no one helps him at all. :( :( :(

it's the worst video ever, and i'm sorry i saw it. i'm just glad it was blurry and i had the volume down. i wouldn't want to see it again ever and my stomach feels like it's about to upheave all my lunches for the past week.

Mariner
05-11-2004, 07:56 PM

:(
:hug offer:

that bitch kristin
05-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Mariner

:(
:hug offer:

i want to blow them all up now. tha's the worst possible way to die. he had no chance to move and as much as he struggled his live was TAKEN from him. it was robbed. ugh i wouldn't wish that on anyone. i just want to go lay down and not think anymore.

Stars
05-11-2004, 07:59 PM
i wish they'd do that to michael jackson

Ensoul
05-11-2004, 08:01 PM
anyone have a lnk to the video?I haven't seen it.

The Pashing Smumpkin
05-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Ensoul

morphinebitch
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Ensoul

tootsie
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
http://www.ogrish.com/index2.php

mewl
05-11-2004, 09:52 PM
"god is great! god is great! god is great!"

that put a terrible feeling in my stomach. i didn't expect that they would pounce on him like they did. i didn't think they would use such a small knife. all that blood. man...

Toby
05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
That's pretty fucked up right there.

KAT
05-11-2004, 10:04 PM
I saw the video some minutes ago. but I should not have done it...

meow
05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
is it really that easy to behead someone?

tootsie
05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by meow
is it really that easy to behead someone?

no. theres a lot of stuff to cut through.

meow
05-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by tootsie

no. theres a lot of stuff to cut through.

when i watched it it seemed like they didnt saw thru a lot

(sorry for being gross)

Eulogy
05-11-2004, 10:17 PM
oh my fucking god.

i think the video i saw of them all standing behind him before they actually did it are more disturbing for some reason. or just. everything put together. fuck. oh fuck.

Why? How does this happen?

that poor man. oh god.

Eulogy
05-11-2004, 10:18 PM
How quickly would he have died?

that bitch kristin
05-11-2004, 10:30 PM
well, from giving my own blood for a serious operation, i had my arm drained. it only took about 15 minutes for me to start feeling really faint, and if they hadn't reclined the chair and put ice packs on me i would've passed out.
now they cut his jugular in his neck which is right next to the heart, so i can only imagine he bled out in about 5 min or less. once you lose about 2-3 pints of blood you pass out i think. i'm not too sure, but i almost passed out and i was just giving 2 pints.
once again, the blood in his brain was still oxygenated so he was probably still able to think as his head was being cut off. at about a minute with out oxygen brain damage occurs and at 5minutes i think brain function is seriously decreased. i have heard stories about peoples' heads being cut off during the age of the guilotine, and them still being able to move their eyes and jaw but not talk obviously.

i just can't get over him screaming and not being able to fight for his life at all. he was tied down and robbed of every chance at life he could've had.

Corganist
05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm still trying to get over the Daniel Pearl video I saw a year or two back. Worst thing I've ever seen, and it wasn't even as bad as it could have been, since the assholes who did it missed the really gory stuff (ie the initial cutting) because they had camera problems. Nevertheless, I don't think I ever want to see anything remotely like that ever again, especially since these new monsters apparently knew how to work the camera this time.

The very thought that something like this has happened again sickens me enough without putting even more un-erasable images in my mind.

strange_one
05-11-2004, 10:55 PM
<font color=33FFFF> I only just saw it then cos it's hard to open ogrish front page up.

pretty blurry video, can barely see what is going on. still disturbing though of course</font>

El Savior
05-11-2004, 11:32 PM
um, i have no idea what's going on. whose head are we talking about?

pink_ribbon_scars
05-11-2004, 11:39 PM
a sick part of me wants to see it, but i'm going to listen to everyone who says they wish they had never seen it. i'm already disgusted enough by everything that's going on in the world.

El Savior
05-11-2004, 11:41 PM
fucking bloody current events... does this have something to do with Iraq?

pink_ribbon_scars
05-11-2004, 11:55 PM
go to cnn.com. i bet they could tell you about it better than us

Why Am I So Ugly?
05-12-2004, 02:15 AM
i hear they hold his head up in front of the camera like in mortal kombat.

strange_one
05-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Why Am I So Ugly?
i hear they hold his head up in front of the camera like in mortal kombat.
<font color=33FFFF> they do. then one of the iraqis says 'Outstanding'.

seriously!</font>

Dead
05-12-2004, 02:32 AM
I don't get why you guys would want to watch a video like that.

Why Am I So Ugly?
05-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF> they do. then one of the iraqis says 'Outstanding'.

seriously!</font>
they shouldve done a friendship. that wouldve swayed public opinion

Vulva
05-12-2004, 02:49 AM

they shouldve done a friendship. that wouldve swayed public opinion

that's gold

Irrelevant
05-12-2004, 03:38 AM
"Friends and family of Berg...said he supported the Iraqi war and the Bush administration."

the guy got what was coming from him.

Ghetto_Squirrel
05-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Irrelevant
"Friends and family of Berg...said he supported the Iraqi war and the Bush administration."

Well, he was fucked over by the hatred toward the people he supported. I don't think I would go so far to say that he got what was coming to him.

I think the situation is different than it was with the football player who signed up for the military, and I have more sympathy for him than I do the football player. If he was in actuality just working on communications towers, then he wasn't actively pursuing the American agenda to the extent that either a soldier or mercenary is.

There are just some strange circumstances surrounding it. From what I understand, he went to look for work but couldn't find any. I don't understand why one would just travel to Iraq without having a specific job arranged.

I feel completely horrible about his family, regardless. I just considered a moment ago what it would be like for them to watch the video, if they even choose to do so. Good fucking god. :(

Axis of Action
05-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Ghetto_Squirrel

Well, he was fucked over by the hatred toward the people he supported. I don't think I would go so far to say that he got what was coming to him.

I think the situation is different than it was with the football player who signed up for the military, and I have more sympathy for him than I do the football player. If he was in actuality just working on communications towers, then he wasn't actively pursuing the American agenda to the extent that either a soldier or mercenary is.

There are just some strange circumstances surrounding it. From what I understand, he went to look for work but couldn't find any. I don't understand why one would just travel to Iraq without having a specific job arranged.

I feel completely horrible about his family, regardless. I just considered a moment ago what it would be like for them to watch the video, if they even choose to do so. Good fucking god. :(

From what I understand, he's travelled around doing "good faith" kinda stuff in struggling nations. He's been to Africa, and probably other places (my mom told me this).

Jaggie
05-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Irrelevant

Fuck you.

barden
05-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Imagine how fucked up / desperate / angry you must be to casually cut someone’s head off.

I mean, no one in a normal state of mind can remove themselves from the situation like that.

I guess I shouldn’t even be wondering, it’s no secret that war fucks with peoples heads and lives.

Why Am I So Ugly?
05-12-2004, 06:19 AM
it's great how theyre spinning this guy as an altruistic do-gooder. "He was in Iraq to help rebuild a war-torn country and *coughgrowshiscompany*"
the guy was a fucking profiteer taking advantage of a business oppurtunity due to a war plain and simple.
even if you dont believe this guy was just looking for some cash, dont make him out to be some hero.

mxzombie
05-12-2004, 06:48 AM
holy shit. i was already sick before i watched it but i think this is the first time watching something has made me seriously need to puke. holy shit

machinaddict
05-12-2004, 08:23 AM
it's great how theyre spinning this guy as an altruistic do-gooder. "He was in Iraq to help rebuild a war-torn country and *coughgrowshiscompany*"
the guy was a fucking profiteer taking advantage of a business oppurtunity due to a war plain and simple.
even if you dont believe this guy was just looking for some cash, dont make him out to be some hero. on the today show this morning, they said he was an unemployed private contractor, and went to Iraq looking for work.

Who the hell goes to Iraq looking for work?

Isle
05-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by machinaddict

Who the hell goes to Iraq looking for work?

asshats

Corganist
05-12-2004, 09:14 AM
even if you dont believe this guy was just looking for some cash, dont make him out to be some hero.

The fact that this guy was not a hero makes this all the more appalling. So what if he thought he could make a buck over there?No one, and I mean no one, deserves a brutal, painful and very public death like this guy got just for profiteering. This was very simply wrong place, wrong time.

Fuck anyone who says this guy got what was coming to him. Fuck them up their stupid asses.

strange_one
05-12-2004, 09:41 AM
<font color=33FFFF> hey there's pictures in case you don't want to watch the vid!

http://informationclearinghouse.info/murder/MURDER3.gif
</font>

barden
05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
<font color=33FFFF> hey there's pictures in case you don't want to watch the vid!

http://informationclearinghouse.info/murder/MURDER3.gif

</font>

Outstanding!

(Sorry, I had to)

barden
05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
So kids, does it not bother you that this is the stuff that your computer games encourage?
Ha!

But Mom, this isn’t fun!
Yes Son, they lied to you.

barden
05-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Wouldn’t it be funny if this was faked by the US government to keep peoples attention from the abuse of Iraqi prisoners / soldiers?

Or to keep citizens out of Iraq (Since he had no ties, this guy was just uh, looking for a job. Wtf?) so that they see for themselves and believe all the complains they’ve ‘sorta’ been hearing from Iraqi civilians?

Or I’m just a paranoid fool.
But my way is more fun then some terrorists killing people (What did you expect them to do? Play house? Hahaha. Yes! Death is not pretty!)

barden
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Wow, I’m being an insensitive prick! (Cue quotes with thumbs up next to that comment).
What’s worse? Our ability to separate and objectify something like this entirely or the actual murder itself?

Bear in mind, thousands of civilians were killed by Americans during this stupid fucking war. I wonder how they looked. I wonder if there’s any movies on it, so we can sit here and rag on the American Government some more.

Oh no, that’s not true! Americans kill pretty, with sincerity and they make sure to maintain dignity!

Again:

Me = insensitive prick right now. (Sorry).

Why Am I So Ugly?
05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ^Agony_Imp^

Bear in mind, thousands of civilians were killed by Americans during this stupid fucking war. I wonder how they looked. I wonder if there’s any movies on it, so we can sit here and rag on the American Government some more.

i was about to say this

Geek USA
05-12-2004, 04:45 PM
i hate you, strange_one

I_was_aborted
05-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Anyone who is sickened by this should have been sickened from day 1 of the talk of war. Actually you should have been angry with the human race since the day you were conceived because this type of violence occurs in every part of the world every day.

patrick
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Anyone who is sickened by this should have been sickened from day 1 of the talk of war. Actually you should have been angry with the human race since the day you were conceived because this type of violence occurs in every part of the world every day. I_was_aborted: humanist, scholar and scorned heart

jczeroman
05-12-2004, 04:58 PM
I don't think the punishment for seeking profit should be beheading.

machinaddict
05-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman
I don't think the punishment for seeking profit should be beheading.
Apparently these terrorists learned from Stalin.

jczeroman
05-12-2004, 05:07 PM
My dad has been offered a job in Iraq by Halliburton. He doesn't support the war, he doesn't support Bush, he's a pretty left-leaning guy. How can we hold people like him in judgement, who are going over there and trying to support their families. They aren't killing people. They aren't even fans of the war. But not everybody has buttloads of money to take the highground and die of starvation when there is a job that will feed their families.

(He hasn't taken the job, yet)

Nimrod
05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Did anyone miss that this was done by <b>al Queda</b>? The same al Queda that anti-war activists say have no correllation to Iraq?

Hmm.

Mayfuck
05-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod
The same al Queda that anti-war activists say have no correllation to Iraq?

And wouldn't have any correllation if it weren't for the invasion on Iraq? Yeah, THAT al-Qaeda.

Nimrod
05-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

And wouldn't have any correllation if it weren't for the invasion on Iraq? Yeah, THAT al-Qaeda. Al Queda snuck in AFTER the US invaded and toppled the regime? Okay dude. Oookay.

tootsie
05-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Geek USA
i hate you, strange_one

yeah. that really sucked.

mxzombie
05-12-2004, 05:52 PM
i thought it would have been with a sword or something like that. but with a knife--my god. i watched it this morning and it's still with me.

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Hurry up and nuke the middle east, all Arabs, Muslims whatever are terrorists and need to 'removed'

Corganist
05-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod
Al Queda snuck in AFTER the US invaded and toppled the regime? Okay dude. Oookay.

Either way it proves the utility of using Iraq as a front for the war on terror. Whether they've always been there or not, Al-Qaeda is in Iraq now, and I'd much rather they be fought there than on U.S. soil.

meow
05-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Anyone who is sickened by this should have been sickened from day 1 of the talk of war. Actually you should have been angry with the human race since the day you were conceived because this type of violence occurs in every part of the world every day.

so true..

Irrelevant
05-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Corganist

Either way it proves the utility of using Iraq as a front for the war on terror. Whether they've always been there or not, Al-Qaeda is in Iraq now, and I'd much rather they be fought there than on U.S. soil.

that's pretty selfish. why should the Iraqi people be subjected to the war on terror? it wasn't their war. Al-Queda had no ties to Iraq before we brought down the Baathists, Saddam would not tolerate them. they came there specifically to fight our occupation.

Why Am I So Ugly?
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman
My dad has been offered a job in Iraq by Halliburton. He doesn't support the war, he doesn't support Bush, he's a pretty left-leaning guy. How can we hold people like him in judgement, who are going over there and trying to support their families. They aren't killing people. They aren't even fans of the war. But not everybody has buttloads of money to take the highground and die of starvation when there is a job that will feed their families.

(He hasn't taken the job, yet)
i never said this guy deserved to be decapitated. However, its insidious and it sickens me how the US claims this war is to defeat terror and liberate the Iraqi people while holding open the back door and ushering in foreign nationals to make a buck off the war. This is what the US govt had their eye on when going to war, and the quickness of the flood of investors into the country (bear in mind the war isnt even over yet) proves it. And the Iraqi people and the "terrorists" know this. I can already see what's going to happen to Iraq. It's going to be flooded with multinational corporations which will essentially turn Iraq into a colony. How about letting the Iraqi people dictate what they want to do with their resources? So im not going to shed any tears for this guy who got beheaded. he was no hero. and i wouldnt mourn if it happened to your father too.

Why Am I So Ugly?
05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
and where the fuck do you get off saying people who take jobs in Iraq would otherwise starve. get your head out of your ass. you want to see starvation, go to Iraq and witness the results of years worth of sanctions and war.

mewl
05-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JewishBabe
Hurry up and nuke the middle east, all Arabs, Muslims whatever are terrorists and need to 'removed'

shut the fuck up, jew.

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by mewl

shut the fuck up, jew.

Oh yeah, I missed out gays too, You little AIDS ridden ginger fag

mewl
05-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah, I missed out gays too, You little AIDS ridden ginger fag

you know me so well! keep it up you nazi.

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 07:34 PM

you know me so well! keep it up you nazi.

Ok, and stop fingering your cat, you queer fucking piece of shit.

Dead Frequency
05-12-2004, 07:36 PM
i think that ed gein should have fought in the war against terror.

mewl
05-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Ok, and stop fingering your cat, you queer fucking piece of shit.

you don't know when to quit do you? i'm not going to toss sophomoric insults back and forth with you anymore. your immaturity boggles me. it's not worth my time. shut your mouth, take the blindfold off your almond eyes, LEARN, then retaliate.

ah, ok, one more: retard.

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 07:58 PM

you don't know when to quit do you? i'm not going to toss sophomoric insults back and forth with you anymore. your immaturity boggles me. it's not worth my time. shut your mouth, take the blindfold off your almond eyes, LEARN, then retaliate.

ah, ok, one more: retard.

Whats that? A man with HIV forced you to suck his cock?

Fag.

mewl
05-12-2004, 08:00 PM
:noway:

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 08:03 PM
:noway:

I hope he shot his AIDS Mayonaise all over your oblong ginger face.

You filthy fucking queer, die in a fire.

mewl
05-12-2004, 08:05 PM
You filthy fucking queer, die in a fire.

LIKE YOUR GRANDMA!!?!?!?!

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 08:06 PM

LIKE YOUR GRANDMA!!?!?!?!

ha?

mewl
05-12-2004, 08:09 PM
ha?

HA HAHHAHAHAA! i know YOU'VE heard the joke!

wow, i don't like you.

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm not Jewish you thick ginger queer

mewl
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm not Jewish you thick ginger queer

I'm not gay you intolerent dumbass

neopryn
05-12-2004, 08:23 PM
strange_one should be banned for that picture.

Julian, Porn CONNOISSEUR
05-12-2004, 08:23 PM
he's a fuckhead for being over there right now. any idiot in their right mind would steer clear of hanging out in iraq. i hope we nuke that place eventually. i hope we nuke china and russia and california and the entire east coast and india. it's getting, it's gettin, it's gettin kinda hectic.

Ghetto_Squirrel
05-12-2004, 08:24 PM
http://sp24-7.lambtron.com/grabs/503/cripple101.jpg

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 08:24 PM

I'm not gay you intolerent dumbass

Yet you suck the cock, cock docking fag.

mewl
05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Yet you suck the cock, cock docking fag.

Yet your name is "JewishBabe", cross-dressing oven-dweller.

JewishBabe
05-12-2004, 08:34 PM

Yet your name is "JewishBabe", cross-dressing oven-dweller.

Yes, my real name is JewishBabe.

mewl
05-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Yes, my real name is JewishBabe.

PWNED!!!!!111H111!!1!111/////

Eulogy
05-12-2004, 09:26 PM

You may have a point, but you're definitely exaggerating quite a bit.

How often are innocent civilians beheaded with a knife? Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but it would bother me less if they'd shot him in the head or something. I don't know.

And yes, civilians have died as a result of actions the U.S. has taken in the war......but to compare those deaths to this one is pretty dumb. Americans do not deliberately and brutally murder innocent civilians. I mean....both are terrible...but come on now.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:31 PM
damn, i really want to see this but i can't on this computer.

i'm fucking perverse.

Eulogy
05-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by stefanie
damn, i really want to see this but i can't on this computer.

i'm fucking perverse.

It's really nothing that needs to be seen.

It'll stay with you. I was genuinely scared that I was going to have nightmares last night. I didn't. but damn. they would have been fucked up.

It's scary.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:34 PM

It's really nothing that needs to be seen.

It'll stay with you. I was genuinely scared that I was going to have nightmares last night. I didn't. but damn. they would have been fucked up.

It's scary.

eh.

nightmares would be welcome over strange dreams about my english teacher and hector from the illiad.

Eulogy
05-12-2004, 09:36 PM

eh.

nightmares would be welcome over strange dreams about my english teacher and hector from the illiad.

Not nightmares that deal with this shit.

I'm telling you. Fucking scary.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:37 PM

Not nightmares that deal with this shit.

I'm telling you. Fucking scary.

the picture didn't bother me a bit.

Eulogy
05-12-2004, 09:38 PM

the picture didn't bother me a bit.

Me neither.

Video is a little. different.

I don't know, maybe you are more completely desensitized than I am. heh

smashingjj
05-12-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm not gonna watch it, though I want to.

ravenguy2000
05-12-2004, 09:42 PM
What does it say about me when, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being my avatar and 10 being hive tit, the movie was only like a 6 for me? I can see why it would freak out some people but I see worse pretty frequently. I guess some things bother some people differently.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000
What does it say about me when, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being my avatar and 10 being hive tit, the movie was only like a 6 for me? I can see why it would freak out some people but I see worse pretty frequently. I guess some things bother some people differently.

hivetit was the most disturbing thing i have and ever will see in my life.

smashingjj
05-12-2004, 09:45 PM

hivetit was the most disturbing thing i have and ever will see in my life. FUCKING HELL YES! wtf is it? url?

strange_one
05-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Geek USA
i hate you, strange_one
<font color=33FFFF> sorry, I thought pretty much everyone had seen it</font>

Eulogy
05-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000

Without the screaming, it probably wouldn't have disturbed me as much. There's something about high-pitched screeches that I can't understand that really creeps me out.

I mean, the quality of the video is so bad that you can't even really tell what's going on. I think the whole concept of four men standing behind the guy while he's tied up, then reading a statement, then knocking him over and cutting off his head just is horrifying to me. The first I saw of it was on the news, and they showed video up to where he took the knife out. That was enough to disturb me. The thought that shit like that happens. And there are people like that out there.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
FUCKING HELL YES! wtf is it? url?

http://forums.netphoria.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=395945

NO ONE POST THE PICTURE CLICK AT OWN RISK

smashingjj
05-12-2004, 09:51 PM

http://forums.netphoria.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=395945

NO ONE POST THE PICTURE CLICK AT OWN RISK FUCK! FUCK! I've seen it before but I get this feeling every time again. but wtf is it! worms?

mxzombie
05-12-2004, 09:51 PM
hivetit doesn't bother me one bit. this video does.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:52 PM
I MUST NOT CLICK ON IT I HAVE GONE THIS FAR.

ahhh i saw a picture of a lotus in the dictionary and i couldn't stop shivering.

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:54 PM
http://www.sitting-ducks.com/~jeff/sachs/lotus.gif

EUHG :(

i cried outloud.

smashingjj
05-12-2004, 09:54 PM
http://www.sitting-ducks.com/~jeff/sachs/lotus.gif

EUHG :(

i cried outloud. O_o

stefanie
05-12-2004, 09:55 PM
i'm crying now.

hivetit and lotuses make me cry.

DeviousJ
05-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by neopryn

Did he post it in the thread without a link? Christ

strange_one
05-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Did he post it in the thread without a link? Christ
<font color=33FFFF> I took the pic off and apologized.

whinies</font>

yesterdays
05-12-2004, 10:12 PM
can someone please explain hivetit and lotuses

cowbite
05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Good gosh. It's just a Lotus seed pod photoshopped with a tit.

DeviousJ
05-12-2004, 11:09 PM

<font color=33FFFF> I took the pic off and apologized.

whinies</font>

Good. You may go now

jczeroman
05-13-2004, 12:38 AM

i never said this guy deserved to be decapitated. However, its insidious and it sickens me how the US claims this war is to defeat terror and liberate the Iraqi people while holding open the back door and ushering in foreign nationals to make a buck off the war.

Look at every other "liberation" campaign in history -- Alexander the Great claimed liberation while he stole all the resources of every region he conquered. I'm not saying it's right, especially with the spin you put on it. Greed in the name of liberation is wrong and a lie.

At the same time, profit is not a bad thing, in and of itself (which may or may not be what you believe). The war has happened, there's nothing that can be done abotu it now, so daydreaming and whining about should have would have isn't going to do anything about the current situation we're in. In fact, it's really the worst thing that people could be doing. What needs to be done is to look at where we're at now and figure out what to do about it.

We have to figure out if these multi-nationals are a good thing or a bad thing, and why. We have to figure out if pulling out is a good thing or bad thing and why.

It's not just as simple as some people have suggested: "we should just pull out of there" or "fuck the corporations" or "let the iraqis run their own country." There is a reality in that country right now that is nothing like anything that most of us in our tv-watching, idle, prosperous and apathetic country have even came close to experiencing. Such a reality is not easily negotiated by sophomoric notions spawned from twenty-something idealism.

If there's anything wrong with America and the western world in general it is the lie of perception. We think that the way we see the world is "just so" and "we have democracy and we have enlightenment and we're the experts so how about you dumbasses shut up and let us handle it." It's not as simple as "carpet bomb that whole country" or "pull out the troops and impeach the president." Both of those solutions woudl fix the problem at hand, but each of them has consequences that we can't even comprehend because the movie usually ends before the reality of what we saw on the screen actually plays out to greater problems and unforseen tragedy.

barden
05-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by neopryn

Christ, what were you expecting in a thread titled about decapitation?

bonsor
05-13-2004, 01:21 AM
<bgsound src="http://www.theapathist.com/ipanema1.mp3" loop=infinite>

Hillzy
05-13-2004, 02:19 AM

You may have a point, but you're definitely exaggerating quite a bit.

How often are innocent civilians beheaded with a knife? Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but it would bother me less if they'd shot him in the head or something. I don't know.

And yes, civilians have died as a result of actions the U.S. has taken in the war......but to compare those deaths to this one is pretty dumb. Americans do not deliberately and brutally murder innocent civilians. I mean....both are terrible...but come on now.

This stuff happens so much that its not even news half the time. In central africa and things children and women are hacked to pieces with machetes - but of course this isn't real because you can't see it on video.

barden
05-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Death is death.

One shouldn’t be ‘worse’ cause it’s more messy.