View Full Version : Von Bondies?

obscured01
05-10-2004, 01:37 PM
<font color="DAB9E8">I've been hearing their song "comon" on our local college station a lot lately, and caught their video on mtv this morning. Really catchy song. Has anyone seen them live or heard their cd? I'm thinking about picking it up.

And I think Von Bondies is a stupid name, just for the record. </font>

Nothing/everything
05-11-2004, 02:49 AM
you should pick up their debut in stead of their latest album. Pawn shoppe heart has quite some good songs, but not the rawness and strength of Lack of Communication.

So yeah, if you want to listen to some good old school cliche garage rock, check them out.

on a sidenote: When i went to see the white stripes late 2001, the von bondies were opening. When i went to see the von bondies september 2002, the datsuns were opening for quite a meager crowd. Halfway 2003 i saw the Datsuns twice, in a fully packed club and an excited, 1500+ people concert hall. Quite fun to see the progress.

silent1
05-11-2004, 09:00 AM
god, these guys and the white stripes and all the other garage bands have been fucking losers here in detroit for years. no one likes that fucking crap. all of a sudden the white stripes get a video on mtv and the whole world loves this garbage. i guess it just goes to show how influential tv is on young peoples feeble minds. :rolleyes:

french_rap_sucks
05-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by silent1
god, these guys and the white stripes and all the other garage bands have been fucking losers here in detroit for years. no one likes that fucking crap. all of a sudden the white stripes get a video on mtv and the whole world loves this garbage. i guess it just goes to show how influential tv is on young peoples feeble minds. :rolleyes:

lol, didn't see this coming. ROLLLLLLLEEEEEYEEESSSSSS!

vanilla
06-06-2004, 04:45 PM
i wonder if they'd be as popular if jack white didn't get in a bar brawl with him.. hmmmmmm

Fattening Ass
06-06-2004, 05:13 PM
WILL I EVER LEARN?

Ensoul
06-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I heard "C'mon C'mon" on a video game so I got the CD.

yeah, it turned out "C'mon C'mon" was the only good song on the album.

2Marlon2Brando
06-07-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by obscured01
<font color="DAB9E8">I've been hearing their song "comon" on our local college station a lot lately, and caught their video on mtv this morning. Really catchy song. Has anyone seen them live or heard their cd? I'm thinking about picking it up.

And I think Von Bondies is a stupid name, just for the record. </font>

i was about to ask the same question. i hear the song every day at work and it is pretty damn catchy.

Isle
06-07-2004, 07:45 AM
were they put together by a record company? they look too...pretty. cutesy. like they're trying too hard to look like the early pumpkins. might be a silly assertion, i don't know. the new video really struck me as reminiscent of 1979 with all the dressing up in the convenience store.

i'm not too keen on the music. the two girls are hot though

silent1
06-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by vanilla
i wonder if they'd be as popular if jack white didn't get in a bar brawl with him.. hmmmmmm

FUCK NO THEY WOULDN'T!!!! and i can guaran-damn-tee that he set that shit up on purpose just for the exposure.

shaniqua
06-07-2004, 10:37 AM
i have never heard their music, but the asian guy in the band is cute.

Boycott Graceland
06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by silent1
my town is exactly like that, except the bands here are/were a whole lot shittier. blink 182, switchfoot...