View Full Version : My Morning Jacket 05.09.04

The Gaddrow
05-10-2004, 05:28 AM
That was some amazing shit.

I have never been a part of a better crowd in my life. Seriously, EVERYONE was feeling it, and the band felt that, and yeah.

That was the perfect concert experience.

I_was_aborted
05-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Woah you like them? Interesting...I guess I think less of you now. Heh. Didn't they seem a little like Buck Cherry meets idie rock or something? Maybe I just saw a bad show....but it was reaaaaal bad.

The Gaddrow
05-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Didn't they seem a little like Buck Cherry meets idie rock or something? hahahaha. No. Not at all.

I had only heard It Still Moves and their split EP with Songs: Ohia, but liked them enough to drop $20.00 on a ticket. I bought the three other CD's they had after the show, they were that good. :cool:

I_was_aborted
05-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Wow I guess I would probably hate you in real life then. Everyone I saw at their show was a moron and the music gave me that "you are about to vomit" feeling in my stomach. Them and Ben Kweller are in the top 5 horrible shows ever I have seen.

smashingjj
05-10-2004, 05:35 PM
what's wrong with them? I believe their latest album was boring but I loved especially their debut.

The Gaddrow
05-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow I guess I would probably hate you in real life then. That's cool. I'd probably "hate" you in real life too. Not because we have differing musical tastes, but simply because you could apparently "hate" someone based something such as their differing tastes.

killed radio star
05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Didn't they seem a little like Buck Cherry meets idie rock or something?

what the

VegasPumpkin
05-11-2004, 05:05 AM
they were awesome when they played on conan. probably the first cd i bought after hearing a band for the first time on tv. the cd is alright though.

Cactuar
05-11-2004, 12:21 PM
i enjoy the jacket

GO THE JACKET

I_was_aborted
05-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
That's cool. I'd probably "hate" you in real life too. Not because we have differing musical tastes, but simply because you could apparently "hate" someone based something such as their differing tastes.

Sarcasm detector on 0 Captain!

Heh I wouldn't "hate". We just wouldn't be able to talk about music.

Also for some reason Sean seems to think Tool is my favorite band or that its typical of the type of music I listen to most of the time. Sadly he is wrong.

My problem with My Morning Jacket was that they sounded so loose, the vocals were horrible(out of key, bad voice), guitar playing sloppy, noisy and annoying and they tried to rock out but just ended up looking stupid.