View Full Version : Explosions in the skys' "Magic Hours" shall play at my funeral.


Ihaman
05-10-2004, 12:24 AM
dammit.

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 12:35 AM
This Plane Will Crash Tomrrow seems more fitting.

2Marlon2Brando
05-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by ReadMusic
This Plane Will Crash Tomrrow seems more fitting.

they don't have a song by that name.

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando


they don't have a song by that name.

Yes they do. And it's one of their better ones as well.

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Here's a piece of an article about it.

Not unlike I Am the World Trade Center and The Coup, Austin instrumental quartet Explosions in the Sky did not have coincidence on their side two years ago. The band's debut album became a casualty of Sept. 11 for the following reasons: the album, released just a week prior to Sept. 11, was called Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever (2001, Temporary); it contained a track called "This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow"; the album artwork depicted a plane crash; and, um, they're called Explosions in the Sky.

Stars
05-10-2004, 03:07 AM
i would feel so gay if i was dead and i heard something like that playing at my funeral

spa ced
05-10-2004, 03:18 AM
I'll take Yasmin The Light, thanks.

Ihaman
05-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Gay people can hear when they're dead.

severin
05-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by ReadMusic
Here's a piece of an article about it.

Not unlike I Am the World Trade Center and The Coup, Austin instrumental quartet Explosions in the Sky did not have coincidence on their side two years ago. The band's debut album became a casualty of Sept. 11 for the following reasons: the album, released just a week prior to Sept. 11, was called Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever (2001, Temporary); it contained a track called "This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow"; the album artwork depicted a plane crash; and, um, they're called Explosions in the Sky. dumb

tracklisting:

01: greet death
02: yasmin the light
03: the moon is down
04: have you passed through this night
05: a poor mans memory
06: with tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls we slept

"this plane will crash tomorrow" is written on one page of the booklet.

learn your explosions

2Marlon2Brando
05-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by severin
dumb

"this plane will crash tomorrow" is written on one page of the booklet.

learn your explosions


AWWWWW......................SNAP!!
<img src=http://devastatingsoundworks.com/buckwheat.jpg>

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by severin
dumb

tracklisting:

01: greet death
02: yasmin the light
03: the moon is down
04: have you passed through this night
05: a poor mans memory
06: with tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls we slept

"this plane will crash tomorrow" is written on one page of the booklet.

learn your explosions


Explosions in the Sky
The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place
[Temporary Residence; 2003]
Rating: 7.7
When the Texas quartet Explosions in the Sky released their last album, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever, it was unfairly plagued by coincidence. The record was a fragile triumph effectively mixing brooding melodrama and frantic rock bombast, but while the album's music was inspiring, it was no match for the ensuing mythology. Yes, a band named Explosions in the Sky did release a record the day before there were, quite literally, explosions in the sky on September 11th. Yes, the album did have a track called "This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow". However, it also came as a devastating obstacle for Explosion's music, as even music-snob bastards like myself needed something a little more "upbeat" to listen to as the world came apart at its seams.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/e/explosions-in-the-sky/earth-is-not-a-cold-dead-place.shtml

There it is being mentioned the pitchfork review, I don't know how else to prove that it is a song, unless you want me to email the Explosions in the Sky people and ask them to post here.

Stars
05-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ihaman
Gay people can hear when they're dead.

sure can

ravenguy2000
05-10-2004, 12:04 PM
That other thread......whoever that was that wanted to play "You Are Not Alone" at their wedding or funeral or something. That was great.

Starchildren
05-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ReadMusic


There it is being mentioned the pitchfork review, I don't know how else to prove that it is a song, unless you want me to email the Explosions in the Sky people and ask them to post here.


http://www.wackiness.org/rev/music/thosewhotell.html


http://www.opuszine.com/music/review.html?reviewID=464


http://www.the-wood.org/explosions.html



and i could go on.......



Pitchfork can suck my dick for not researching a simple fucking tracklisting. MORONS. :mad:

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Starchildren



http://www.wackiness.org/rev/music/thosewhotell.html


http://www.opuszine.com/music/review.html?reviewID=464


http://www.the-wood.org/explosions.html



and i could go on.......



Pitchfork can suck my dick for not researching a simple fucking tracklisting. MORONS. :mad:



1. Help Us Stay Alive [7:19]
2. Die [7:03]
3. Greet Death [10:02]
4. Yasmin the Light [7:19]
5. The Moon Is Down [6:04]
6. The Plane Will Crash Tomorrow [12:04]

http://www.hellscrag.net/mike/music/e.php

Note: the correct song titles (as listed at the band's website) are Greet Death (7:19), Yasmin the Light (7:03), The Moon Is Down (10:02), Have You Passed Through This.. (7:19), A Poor Man's Memory (6:04), With Tired Eyes Tired Minds (12:04). Most websites list them as: Help Us Stay Alive (7:19), Die (7:03), Greet Death (10:02), Yasmin the Light (7:19), The Moon Is Down (6:04), The Plane Will Crash Tomorrow (12:04).

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol7/explosio.html


I can go on and on too.

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 02:58 PM
This is the tracklisting from the one I have:
1. Help Us Stay Alive
2. Die
3. Greet Death
4. Yasmin the Light
5. Moon Is Down
6. Plane Will Crash Tomorrow

The ones from those links is:
1/ Greet Death
2/ Yasmin the Light
3/ The Moon is Down
4/ Have You Passed Through This Night?
5/ A Poor Man's Memory
6/ With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/cd/review.asp?aid=2046416&cf=2046415

Case closed. I think I'll chose Rolling Stone and Pitchfork Media over "wackiness.org"

Maybe you guys got a later release of the album or something.

Starchildren
05-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ReadMusic

Note: the correct song titles (as listed at the band's website) are Greet Death (7:19), Yasmin the Light (7:03), The Moon Is Down (10:02), Have You Passed Through This.. (7:19), A Poor Man's Memory (6:04), With Tired Eyes Tired Minds (12:04).


you are such a fucking tool. you quoted it yourself. hilarious.

i've seen them enough times, heard them announce the titles (sometimes), and talked with them about the songs to know that you are 100 percent incorrect. http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gif

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Starchildren

you are such a fucking tool. you quoted it yourself. hilarious.



????


Anyway, you win. You're a bigger fan, you know more about the band than I do, you know the name of all the members, you got closer than I did whenever you saw them.

I was going by the tracklisting that I had, and by numerous websites. Maybe you should email all of them and tell them there's no such song title as The Plane Will Crash Tomorrow? We can't have anyone reviewing songs that don't exist....

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Note: the correct song titles (as listed at the band's website) are Greet Death (7:19), Yasmin the Light (7:03), The Moon Is Down (10:02), Have You Passed Through This.. (7:19), A Poor Man's Memory (6:04), With Tired Eyes Tired Minds (12:04). Most websites list them as: Help Us Stay Alive (7:19), Die (7:03), Greet Death (10:02), Yasmin the Light (7:19), The Moon Is Down (6:04), The Plane Will Crash Tomorrow (12:04).


What the hell is wrong with you guys?

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey


there are 6 songs on the disc. clearly those 6 songs are the ones in the middle section of the booklet. omg


Don't tell me, tell Rolling Stone and those other websites.
I'm not even a huge fan of the band, I'm just going by the album I downloaded and by those websites.

ReadMusic
05-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Hahahahahahaha.
Hahahahahahaha.

Starchildren
05-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ReadMusic



I'm just going by the album I downloaded and by those websites.


everything posted on the internet is troo!!

Crono
05-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ReadMusic



Don't tell me, tell Rolling Stone and those other websites.
I'm not even a huge fan of the band, I'm just going by the album I downloaded and by those websites.


Yeah, you downloaded the album, and on the copy that I bought it has no song titled "This plane will crash tomorrow" which makes everyone else right, and you wrong.

distance
05-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by ReadMusic
Here's a piece of an article about it.

Not unlike I Am the World Trade Center and The Coup, Austin instrumental quartet Explosions in the Sky did not have coincidence on their side two years ago. The band's debut album became a casualty of Sept. 11 for the following reasons: the album, released just a week prior to Sept. 11, was called Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever (2001, Temporary); it contained a track called "This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow"; the album artwork depicted a plane crash; and, um, they're called Explosions in the Sky.

actually, there is no song with that name.
also, the album came out in august, at least 2 weeks before 9/11.

severin
05-11-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by distance


actually, there is no song with that name.
also, the album came out in august, at least 2 weeks before 9/11. did you get my pm?

distance
05-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by severin
did you get my pm?

yes.
your pm box is full, so the reply didn't go through.