View Full Version : Are the Pixies playing at really shitty venues everywhere?


Lizard Queen
05-08-2004, 09:07 AM
The Pixies picked the shittiest venue in Montreal. It's this indoor track and field centre at the university with terrible accoustics. It's also in a neighbourhood with no parking, a subway station that closes at 11, and only 1 bus out of there.

What's the quality of the venue they're playing at in your city?

ProgressChrome
05-08-2004, 10:55 AM
They are playing at Arrow Hall in Mississauga, which is a really crappy venue as well. So maybe there is a trend happening here.

:think:

Lizard Queen
05-08-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm furious that I'm spending $50 each for such a shit venue.

I saw Beck there almost 5 years ago, and it was the worst venue ever.

We got stranded up there, with no subway to get home, no buses, NOT EVEN A PAY PHONE to call someone for a ride, and no taxies were going by. WTF?

Debaser
05-08-2004, 12:11 PM
In davis, they picked a really shitty venue that was nothing more than a highschool auditorium/gym.

The Gaddrow
05-08-2004, 12:16 PM
No, They are playing at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. The absolute best outdoor theater I've ever been to.

Other than the stoned college kids everywhere, it's going to kick major ass. I hope it pours down rain.

Quagmire
05-08-2004, 02:13 PM
they aren't even playing a venue here. AND I'M IN SO CAL! i dont want to see them on a shitty festival lineup

dean moriaty
05-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
The absolute best outdoor theater I've ever been to.

I hope it pours down rain.


outdoor gigs in the rain kick ass. unless it's a shitty band and then it sucks.

christian zombie vampires
05-08-2004, 04:49 PM
when they did their shitty-venue warm-up tour the vancouver shows were at the commodore which is like the best venue, but probably because that's where they played their last shows. but in victoria they played a shitty venue.

and their new vancouver show WHICH I JUST GOT A TICKET FOR :D :D :D is in a pretty good venue (probably the biggest one besides an entire stadium) despite the fact that other cities are getting shitty ones. weird stuff.

RockLobster
05-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ProgressChrome
They are playing at Arrow Hall in Mississauga, which is a really crappy venue as well. So maybe there is a trend happening here.

:think:

pfff arrow hall rocks... i've seen some awesome shows there.

raygun
05-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Constitution Hall in DC isn't too bad, but it's all seats.

I saw the Pumpkins there back in '98, actually. It's decently sized, so no seat is especially far from the stage, so even the balcony has an amazing view.

ProgressChrome
05-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Lizard Queen
I'm furious that I'm spending $50 each for such a shit venue.

I saw Beck there almost 5 years ago, and it was the worst venue ever.

We got stranded up there, with no subway to get home, no buses, NOT EVEN A PAY PHONE to call someone for a ride, and no taxies were going by. WTF?

I saw Beck at Massey Hall in the fall of 2002, and I got a seat behind a giant pillar, and it costed the same as the really good seats... bah..

DeviousJ
05-08-2004, 07:58 PM
So you'd rather be seated in some stadium, than in an intimate club gig where you're pretty much right up there with the band? Now if you hadn't got tickets because of the capacity I'd understand...

peabody
05-08-2004, 08:22 PM
aragon ballroom is decent. big. you've all seen it on vieuphoria on the today performance.

Lizard Queen
05-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
So you'd rather be seated in some stadium, than in an intimate club gig where you're pretty much right up there with the band? Now if you hadn't got tickets because of the capacity I'd understand...

It's a university indoor track and field terrain.

The accoustics there are ass, and so is the view.

Lie
05-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by peabody
aragon ballroom is decent. big. you've all seen it on vieuphoria on the today performance.

Shitty sound, though.

oui henri
05-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by ProgressChrome
They are playing at Arrow Hall in Mississauga, which is a really crappy venue as well. So maybe there is a trend happening here.

:think:

i saw the foo fighters there and the venue didn't live up to its "terrible acoustics" reputation.

i think it's the location that's the problem.

Quiet CD
05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by ******
they aren't even playing a venue here. AND I'M IN SO CAL! i dont want to see them on a shitty festival lineup

dummy, they played at the glass house, your bad for missing that one

vanilla
05-09-2004, 01:09 PM
they'll be playing at the Roy Wilkins auditorium in novemeber here in Minneapolis. it's not totally shitty, it's alright i guess. the sound quality is OK.

ProgressChrome
05-09-2004, 01:22 PM
it seems like they generally could be picking better venues, the places aren't necessarily horrible, but there are better ones available.

Mason R Butler
05-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by vanilla
they'll be playing at the Roy Wilkins auditorium in novemeber here in Minneapolis. it's not totally shitty, it's alright i guess. the sound quality is OK.
No, it's totally shitty. The only place where the sound is okay is way up in the balconies where the view is shit.

sppunk
05-09-2004, 05:05 PM
No, Nextage (now Nokia Live) outside of Dallas has incredible sound and is barely two years old.

Nimrod's Son
05-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I wish they'd at least play a shitty venue here. Or any venue. Jesus.