View Full Version : ben folds said this about BOLLY???

Samsa
11-11-2002, 04:17 PM
"I can't get upset about Soundgarden or the Smashing Pumpkins or someone who's like, every single song has to be compulsorily pissed off. Stevie Wonder is black and blind, and HE'S not pissed off. HE made it ok. Let Billy Corgan be black and blind for two days and see what kind of music he writes THEN." - Ben Folds

hereisnowhy
11-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Lots of people have said that about Bolly. What's the surprise?

Peuloxian Cherub
11-11-2002, 04:22 PM
BUT I LIKE PISSD OFF BOLLY AND IH8 STEVIE WONDER!

Kill The Poor
11-11-2002, 04:23 PM
He's right, I'd really hate to be black.

Peuloxian Cherub
11-11-2002, 04:24 PM
hmmm... this reminds me of a... hem... bland joke.
Q: what's black and bangs his head into a piano?
A: Stevie Wonder

Jesse Miller
11-11-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Samsa
"I can't get upset about Soundgarden or the Smashing Pumpkins or someone who's like, every single song has to be compulsorily pissed off. Stevie Wonder is black and blind, and HE'S not pissed off. HE made it ok. Let Billy Corgan be black and blind for two days and see what kind of music he writes THEN." - Ben Folds

Too bad he's right.

severin
11-11-2002, 05:07 PM
SW: "I don't care if i'm blind at least i'm not black"
SW to his Manager: "I swear, if you put me on stage with the back to the audience once more, i'll sack you"

teh funneh

nancykitten
11-11-2002, 05:43 PM
the man from bens fold five is black and blind too i hear

SOLIDAge
11-11-2002, 05:48 PM
maybe he should look at his following, all 18 year old college kids who think they're hardcore emo children, and they all whine and hate their life...just like he does.

Irrelevant
11-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller
Too bad he's right.

anyone who honestly agrees with Mr. Fold's comment has no concept of the human psyche.

Mathboy
11-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Given the bands mentioned, that comment prolly came out of the Ben Folds Five "pre-eminently pissed off at guitar rock" period. They were just trying to distinguish themselves, and I really can't blame them. It's no more ignorant than half the stuff we say about Emo and Nu Metal. :)

mytransgressions
11-11-2002, 08:47 PM
First off, not every song by the pumpkins or soundgarden are compulsorily pissed off

Secondly,

Wow, i didn't know there was a physical and demographic requirement to whether you can be pissed of or not

Smiley
11-11-2002, 09:56 PM
i don't get it... stevie wonder is rich... and he does for a living what many people dream of doing... and he gets to know that he did it despite his physical ailment... and he looks like he enjoys doing it. stevie wonder doesn't have any reason to be pissed off.

okay, now that I said all that... yeah, i'd love to hear stevie wonder doing "hello kitty kat".

THRILLHO
11-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller

Too bad he's right.

yeah, because ben folds has tons of happy, positive, up-lifting songs whereas billy's entire catalog conveys no other emotions besides being pissed off. BOTH CORRECT!!!

Boycott Graceland
11-12-2002, 04:16 AM
i like ben folds/five, but i really thought the idea behind rockin the suburbs was dumb.

"let me tell y'all what it's like, being male middle class and white."

how can you sing that every night and not start to believe it? oi.

Lie
11-12-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
i like ben folds/five, but i really thought the idea behind rockin the suburbs was dumb.

"let me tell y'all what it's like, being male middle class and white."

how can you sing that every night and not start to believe it? oi.

Yeah. It's like, everyone knew (hopefully) that the song was supposed to be a joke, but some parts of it are just painful to listen to.

Jesse Miller
11-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Irrelevant
anyone who honestly agrees with Mr. Fold's comment has no concept of the human psyche.

And anyone who gets offended by Ben Folds' coment needs to lighten the fuck up.

Originally posted by THRILLHO
yeah, because ben folds has tons of happy, positive, up-lifting songs whereas billy's entire catalog conveys no other emotions besides being pissed off.

Yeah, that's pretty much correct.

daemon
11-12-2002, 05:43 PM
OOooooo!!! Sounds like little benny is ticked. Probably because he's a one hit wonder and all his songs sound the same and he knows it.