View Full Version : Accordions!


Dead Frequency
05-07-2004, 04:16 AM
I was kind of curious how many Netphorians played the accordion. I just got to borrow my friend's, and I'll tell you, accordions rock the boat.

Radiofred
05-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Yeah i play my dead Grandpa's accordian from time2time.Beautiful instrument.I cant play it well though

cap'n jazz
05-07-2004, 08:25 AM
I tried to get one of my lecturers (who plays in one of Glasgow's foremost electro-punk bands, Policechief) to play accordion at one of our shows but he's busy all the time. So uh we have osmeone playing Theremin

Radiofred
05-07-2004, 08:27 AM
What's your band like Cap?

cap'n jazz
05-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Radiofred
What's your band like Cap?

right now we're noisy

ChristHimself!
05-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Do you come over to Glasgow much Calum? I'll be at Nice N Sleazy's at 8 on monday night if you fancy it... It's usually the acoustic night but we aren't sure if it's on this week.

Freddy - Mic got a new drum machine, bass, digital 4 track and other wee odds and ends, I'm just about to head over to G hill to figure out how to work it for him!

Radiofred
05-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds
Do you come over to Glasgow much Calum? I'll be at Nice N Sleazy's at 8 on monday night if you fancy it... It's usually the acoustic night but we aren't sure if it's on this week.

Freddy - Mic got a new drum machine, bass, digital 4 track and other wee odds and ends, I'm just about to head over to G hill to figure out how to work it for him!

Be there or be square

ChristHimself!
05-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Don't be a *draws rectangle in the air*

Radiofred
05-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds
Don't be a *draws rectangle in the air*

You stealing my shit? Don't be a rectangle is my shit.You messing with my shit?

ChristHimself!
05-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Radiofred


You stealing my shit? Dont be a rectangle is my shit.You messing with my shit?

Fred it's just because I aspire to be like you <3

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<font size="-5">P.S. Besides, I said that the first time i saw it anyways, you tall man, you.

cap'n jazz
05-07-2004, 08:53 AM
I hardly ever go over to Glasgow :( I was supposed to be going to see Minus on Saturday night but I think it sold out or something. I'll see about Monday night, if people are up for a jaunt through!

ChristHimself!
05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
I would put up copious amounts of drugs to smoke but alas I'll still have an exam coming up after Monday so I'm off the chopes for now.

Isle
05-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by cap'n jazz
I hardly ever go over to Glasgow :( I was supposed to be going to see Minus on Saturday night but I think it sold out or something. I'll see about Monday night, if people are up for a jaunt through!

i saw minus when they supported at auf der maur's first uk gig...they were really funny, especially the bassist he's a nutter.

christian zombie vampires
05-07-2004, 10:59 AM
my dad used to play accordion. once he fixes it i'm gonna take it and learn it and see if i can make money busking with it, possibly while playing contemporary covers.

cap'n jazz
05-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Isle


i saw minus when they supported at auf der maur's first uk gig...they were really funny, especially the bassist he's a nutter.

yeah i saw them when they were touring for their album 'jesus christ bobby'. the new album's slightly shit :(

Dead Frequency
05-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by thrillhouse
my dad used to play accordion. once he fixes it i'm gonna take it and learn it and see if i can make money busking with it, possibly while playing contemporary covers.

Dude, all you have to do is learn Billy Joel's Piano Man and MIcheal Jackson's Thriller. Cashflow in no time.

DeviousJ
05-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Accordions are hardcore. That's a real man's instrument right there

RopeyLopey
05-07-2004, 08:31 PM
she's got the same model as I have:
<img src="http://www.divadlo.cz/divadlo29/soubory/aktual/Raduza.jpg">
I was used to take lessons from age 6 to 10. Since then I am just basically keeping myself at the same level - it's nothing great, but regarding the frequency of me playing the instrument these days, it's quite good. I really would like to learn to play some tangos on the accordion.
Accordions are great instruments, indeed!