View Full Version : Ever witnessed a band breaking up or having a serious arguement on stage?

ReadMusic
05-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I wanna see one sometime in my life. I don't care if it's a small opening band either. Just seems exciting.

Myxomatosis
05-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Many years ago, there was a band from the area here (Ann Arbor) called Hoarse (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Bbnez97qkkrdt) who were signed to RCA for a brief time. I saw them at the Blind Pig here in town and their show ended acrimoniously with the singer/guitarist and bass player hurling verbal slurs back and forth at each other on stage. It actually wasn't too cool to witness -- I remember looking around the room and everyone in the crowd looked really uncomfortable/embarrassed to be there, like we were witnessing a private lovers' quarrel that we shouldn't be seeing. Needless to say, I think that might've ended up being their final show.

tootsie
05-06-2004, 10:20 AM
cold (a stupid band who opened for weezer a coupl eyears ago) didnt get in a fight per se but they got really mad at the audience and told them all to fuck off. we were sitting in the second row and my husband yelled "yeah well you're still not talented!" and their sound guy turned around and started bitching us out. it was hilarious.

Isle
05-06-2004, 11:01 AM
isn't there a semi-famous band called cold?

if you are
05-06-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ReadMusic
I wanna see one sometime in my life. I don't care if it's a small opening band either. Just seems exciting.

same here. that would be cool.

Isle
05-06-2004, 11:25 AM
i remember reading that back in the day robert smith(the cure) had a serious fight with his bass player onstage. apparently they threw guitars at each other and everything.

french_rap_sucks
05-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by tootsie
cold (a stupid band who opened for weezer a coupl eyears ago) didnt get in a fight per se but they got really mad at the audience and told them all to fuck off. we were sitting in the second row and my husband yelled "yeah well you're still not talented!" and their sound guy turned around and started bitching us out. it was hilarious.

was this in chicago at the united center? cause, i was also a part of a similar experience. they did suck.

tootsie
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by french_rap_sucks

was this in chicago at the united center? cause, i was also a part of a similar experience. they did suck.

nah, in salt lake.

in a way i feel bad for them. cold & weezer fans, terrible mix.

fallontears
05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
I've seen Evan Dando have a sorta hissy when the sound system didn't work right. His vocals were too low and he kept fuckin' around with stuff and kept yelling at the sound guy.

I also saw a band, Saffire: The Uppity Blues Women, and one of their members kept bitchin at the audience up front because they were talking. This 50-something year old lady was gonna jump off the stage and whip some drunk hillbillies ass. It was funny.

sppunk
05-06-2004, 03:41 PM
The Toadies - twice.

Once because the bassist was on crack and couldn't play. They then got together about a year later and all was well. Then, they had another falling out during an encore, then they said that was it.

They played their final show about two months later.

tootsie
05-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
The Toadies - twice.

Once because the bassist was on crack and couldn't play. They then got together about a year later and all was well. Then, they had another falling out during an encore, then they said that was it.

They played their final show about two months later.

i saw one of their last shows. they threw a pic into the audience and it hit me in the face.

i still have it though.

C33
05-07-2004, 04:17 AM
i saw sleater kinney last year. they didn't argue, but one of the girls were terribly angry (jumping around, showing her teeth) because of some sound problem or something. it was fun ;)

Dead Frequency
05-07-2004, 04:22 AM
When I saw Marilyn Manson, Manson totally hit Ginger Fish with the microphone stand and then Ginger kicked a few amps offstage. And now for something completely irrelevant . . . that same night I saw some guy in a wheelchair in the pit. He had balls.

Nothing/everything
05-07-2004, 04:23 AM
some weeks ago when i was at a shellac gig, they had brought a complete professional video crew. When they started off, Albini's mic wasn't working. Turned out that their sound guy forgot to connect and test it properly. Albini got quite mad actually.