View Full Version : Sparta - Porcelain and Atreyu - The Curse ripped.

Fall Down Blue
05-05-2004, 08:07 AM
The Atreyu is pretty much what I expected. I was produced by GGGarth (Rage Against the Machine) and it sounds so well produced. Songs seem aimed for a younger audience. Song structures are pretty much screaming during the verses, singing from the drummer in the chorus. I could see this getting big. A few poppy songs, and a few really good and heavy songs. I could see it grow on me.

I've only listened to the first 3 songs of the Sparta album, and i'm fucking speechless. It's brilliant, it's everything I expect from Sparta. Seriously, this is gonna be one of the best albums of the year, without a doubt.

If anyone wants either of these albums, you can reach me on msn the_pearl_party@hotmail.com or on aim: wtf wtf wtf 123

C33
05-05-2004, 08:12 AM
i like that lip gloss and black song

C33
05-05-2004, 08:20 AM
would that be like saying i like that rat in a cage song?

Fall Down Blue
05-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33
would that be like saying i like that rat in a cage song?

EXACTLY!

dishpan
05-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Fall Down Blue

If anyone wants either of these albums, you can reach me on msn the_pearl_party@hotmail.com or on aim: wtf wtf wtf 123

thanks!

raygun
05-05-2004, 01:13 PM
This Sparta album is even worse than the first one.

It's a shame..that EP they released before Wiretap Scars was kind of promising.

Fall Down Blue
05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by raygun
This Sparta album is even worse than the first one.

It's a shame..that EP they released before Wiretap Scars was kind of promising.

you're on crack. this album is brilliant.

if you are
05-05-2004, 03:55 PM
i'm diggin' it! i'm on song 4, i think this is the best one so far... i definitely think this one is better than wiretap scars. it sounds more upbeat too

like FDB told me, if you like wiretap scars you'll love this. if you didn't like wiretap scars, don't bother. and don't bitch about the mars volta. go listen to their albums and talk to their fans, not the sparta fans. the rift between sparta fans and TMV fans can never be bridged, because TMV fans are constantly bitching about sparta. so just don't even talk to us about ATDI, TMV or sparta until you grow up.

if you are
05-05-2004, 04:50 PM
ok i've listened to it all.. first off, if you like sparta you'll love this album. if you don't like sparta, you won't like this album. simple.

second, the band kept their "style" around this time.. they even go so far as to slow things down around song 6 or 7 like the first cd, and end the album on a fast song. this could be seen as lack of creativity if it wasn't for the fact that the songs sound so good. that's why i say if you like sparta you'll like it. the difference however is 1. the songs are different (better, i think) 2. they sound brighter and more optimistic (in a good way) and 3. i think there's more expansion of their sound.

my guess is that by the next album, they'll switch up their style quite a bit, cuz it would get old if they kept playing "one guitar plays power chords, one guitar plays a neat solo-ish riff" over and over. but for this album, it most definitely works. i think i'll be listening to this one for a long time.. and i think it's better than wiretap scars. i hope it sells well.

oh and pitchfork will give it about a 1.0 :D

guz
05-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by if you are
oh and pitchfork will give it about a 1.0 :D nah, pitchfork's hardly ever -that- accurate.

Mooney
05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
i enjoyed wiretaps scars, but totally forgot about it for the past year and a half. i'm giving the new one a listen now, and i'm enjoying the first track.

TiaraGurl
05-05-2004, 09:35 PM
i enjoyed sparta when I saw them at coachella.

if you are
05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
much love to FDB for hookin' me up.. i'm a big fan, so this was a great surprise. i've listened some more, and still loving it.. the songs sound so much "brighter" than on the first album, which i like. the songs are sort of repetitive, but i don't really care, cuz they're very good. it's melodic as all fucking hell.. yum :)

morning star
05-06-2004, 07:02 PM
when i fist listened to Sparta, i didn't like them as much as At The Drive-In, but they grew on me and i think they are where it's at!

Egadsman
05-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by morning star
when i fist listened to Sparta, i didn't like them as much as At The Drive-In, but they grew on me and i think they are where it's at!

I think as far as how well a band aged, Sparta comes across much better then The Mars Volta upon repeat and distanced listens.