View Full Version : Calexico appreciation thread

James is Cool
05-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I remember that when I discovered them I was monumentally pleased to have finally found a mariachi indie rock band. Are there any other bands out there doing this sort of thing that someone could direct me to?

And the new EP is good. I love Calexico.

twice
05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
aw. *bump*
i appreciate what i know of them.

anyway. amg says:
Similar Artists: Brokeback Him & Her Howe Gelb Palace Valley of the Giants Lowlights Maquiladora Nina Nastasia Character Migala Michael Whitmore Simon Joyner The Court and Spark

Judas Chongo
05-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Los Lobos

DeviousJ
05-06-2004, 06:03 PM
I saw them again a couple of weeks ago. Some guy shouted out for Bloodflow, but they said they already played Missing and that if he could make it to the next show, they'd set him up with a ticket and play it there

James is Cool
05-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
I saw them again a couple of weeks ago. Some guy shouted out for Bloodflow, but they said they already played Missing and that if he could make it to the next show, they'd set him up with a ticket and play it there

Rad.

Nothing/everything
05-07-2004, 01:43 AM
gorgeous band. The black light is probably one of the best albums i own. I still have to give that new EP a listen, the last time i was at ye olde cd shoppe, they hadn't recieved it yet.