View Full Version : President Bush is a liar.

Homerpalooza
11-11-2002, 02:33 AM
A relatively short article from The Nation that deals with not only President Bush but other liars that serve/have served in U.S. government:

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20021125&s=alterman

Here's the part regarding Bush's lies:

George W. Bush does not lie about sex, I suppose--merely about war and peace. Most particularly he has consistently lied about Iraq's nuclear capabilities as well as its missile-delivery capabilities. Take a look at Milbank's gingerly worded page-one October 22 Post story if you doubt me. To cite just two particularly egregious examples, Bush tried to frighten Americans by claiming that Iraq possesses a fleet of unmanned aircraft that could be used "for missions targeting the United States." Previously he insisted that a report by the International Atomic Energy Agency revealed the Iraqis to be "six months away from developing a weapon." Both of these statements are false, but they are working. Nearly three-quarters of Americans surveyed think that Saddam is currently helping Al Qaeda; 71 percent think it is likely he was personally involved in the 9/11 attacks.

meow
11-11-2002, 02:34 AM
you just figured that out?

kypper
11-11-2002, 02:42 AM
OH MY GOD TOOTHPASTE HURTS WHEN YOU APPLY IT TO OPEN WOUNDS

THIS DAY IS JUST FULL OF EPIPHANIES!!!!1 LOOLIES!

kypper
11-11-2002, 02:42 AM
UM YEAH I'M SIGNED IN AS KYPPER. I FORGOT. fuck

Smiley33
11-11-2002, 02:44 AM
K ALL BETTER. SO ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY STORIES TO SHARE?

Boner
11-11-2002, 04:01 AM
The Nation is not exactly a reliable source when it comes to covering Republican politicans. This is a biased liberal publication that whose readership is too stuck in their warped leftist world to care or realize it.

Plus, it isn't like Bush is following a known truth-teller into office. Politicans lie you moron. I don't take anything from that article though. It's hogwash promulgated by American-hating liberals like yourself.

Smiley33
11-11-2002, 04:04 AM
god knows that if you don't support bush, you're anti-american. that's right kids, god knows.

beef curtains
11-11-2002, 04:12 AM
Not to support Bush, but that article has no more merit than bush himself saying what really is going on

killed radio star
11-11-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by kypper
OH MY GOD TOOTHPASTE HURTS WHEN YOU APPLY IT TO OPEN WOUNDS

omg ow

Boner
11-11-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Smiley33
god knows that if you don't support bush, you're anti-american. that's right kids, god knows.

I didn't mean that if you don't support bush you're anti-american. I meant that many liberals - for example, the editorial staff at The Nation - hate America.

Smiley33
11-11-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by The Ace of Aces

I didn't mean that if you don't support bush you're anti-american. I meant that many liberals - for example, the editorial staff at The Nation - hate America.

dang, they must be towelheads.

Smiley33
11-11-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by killed radio star

omg ow

yeah man. it might fight cavities, but it sure doesn't clot blood.

Homerpalooza
11-11-2002, 05:17 AM
The Nation is not exactly a reliable source when it comes to covering Republican politicans. This is a biased liberal publication that whose readership is too stuck in their warped leftist world to care or realize it.

Plus, it isn't like Bush is following a known truth-teller into office. Politicans lie you moron. I don't take anything from that article though. It's hogwash promulgated by American-hating liberals like yourself.

The article never says Clinton was an honest person. It does say, however, that comparing lying about a blowjob to lying in order to start war is ridiculous. Isn't it? Did you even read the story?

I realize politicians lie, moron. And yes, criticizing America is the same as hating America. You got me figured out, kid.

jared
11-11-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Homerpalooza

The article never says Clinton was an honest person. It does say, however, that comparing lying about a blowjob to lying in order to start war is ridiculous. .

Clinton has openly said the same things about Iraq that Bush has

Homerpalooza
11-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by bittertrance

Clinton has openly said the same things about Iraq that Bush has

Are you sure? Was it while Clinton was in office? I'd be interested in seeing this...any sources?

Samsa
11-11-2002, 02:01 PM
netphoria doesn't believe in sources

Smiley33
11-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Samsa
netphoria doesn't believe in sources

jared
11-11-2002, 03:34 PM

Are you sure? Was it while Clinton was in office? I'd be interested in seeing this...any sources?

http://www.twf.org/News/Y1998/19981219-FitsBill.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/607rkunu.asp

Homerpalooza
11-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bittertrance

http://www.twf.org/News/Y1998/19981219-FitsBill.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/607rkunu.asp

Interesting articles...thanks for posting. Though I'm pretty convinced that Clinton went on about Iraq only so attention would be taken away from his impeachment, it's still inexcusable. But, he never proposed anything like a pre-emptive strike on Iraq, despite his many false claims.

I think it's still pretty ridiculous to validate Bush's lies by pointing out that Clinton also lied, though.

Boner
11-11-2002, 06:22 PM

I think it's still pretty ridiculous to validate Bush's lies by pointing out that Clinton also lied, though.

Right. Because you are an America-hating leftist. Go back to reading your little Nation bullshit and go back to bashing the fucking country that is responsible for more prosperity and success then any other nation in the history of modern society.

Homerpalooza
11-11-2002, 06:28 PM

Right. Because you are an America-hating leftist. Go back to reading your little Nation bullshit and go back to bashing the fucking country that is responsible for more prosperity and success then any other nation in the history of modern society.

Haha, too funny. Just too funny.