View Full Version : i covered and recorded a song by sufjan stevens. tear me a new asshole you fucks.

bonsor
04-29-2004, 11:35 PM
I decided to cover this song because it was easy. the guitar part was easy. the vocal line was easy, even though i am shitty vocalist. this is the first time i've ever sang on a recording that i've uploaded, so go easy on me there.

also disclaimers:
-im sorry it is in mono
-im sorry if it clips
-im sorry if the guitar parts are not totally in sync. i was working without a click track
-again, this is the first time i've ever felt comfortable enough with my singing voice to present it to other people, and i admit i still have a long way to go. constructive criticism is welcomed.
-most of all, if you like sufjan...i'm sorry.

the song I covered was 'for the widows in paradise, for the fatherless in ypsilanti'

http://www.theapathist.com/paradise.mp3

Fall Down Blue
04-29-2004, 11:46 PM
im downloading it now but i will listen to it tomorrow

however, i'm already assuming this song will suck gigantic amounts of penises considering it was recorded by yourself... but i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

until tomorrow mr ******, until tomorrow.

bonsor
04-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Fall Down Blue
04-29-2004 10:46 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Mayfuck
04-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ******

ahahahahaha

Mayfuck
04-30-2004, 12:28 AM
That's pretty good, you added some cool accompanyment too (I always felt the original was way too bare.) Your voice is a little shaky though, you sound kinda nervous.

Fall Down Blue
04-30-2004, 08:32 PM
wow ******, you can't sing for shit.

and that billy corganisque guitar part you added it so simple and bland. you make tenacious d sound like led zep.

ZackZ
04-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Not too terrible. You sing in key, but sound just like the singer from (insert X band on the radio here). It's kind of a sissy song. Play some Zeppelin next time, ******. (Am I getting that reference completely wrong?)

tootsie
04-30-2004, 10:03 PM
i liked :)

2Marlon2Brando
05-01-2004, 12:59 PM
that was bad ass. i like the guitar tone and the overdub sounds great, it kind of flows in and out. and you have a good, honest voice too. i like the lo-fi recording, but maybe that is just me.

the tone of the song reminds me of 'seasons' by chris cornell, kind of a great song to sit outside and listen to with headphones on a sunny day.

spring
05-01-2004, 07:11 PM
i like your voice too, John :

Orenthal James
05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
i thought it was pretty good. Sometimes your voice just doesnt seem right for the song.

It was good. Even I know that, and I'm...

Fall Down Blue
05-02-2004, 05:11 PM
wow, on third listen, i can't believe how horrible this song is. seriously, everyone here is just trying to be nice with you. i'm telling you the truth. it fuckin sucks dick man.

stick to your day job,

oh shit, you work at mcdonalds.

ahaha, nevermind, hobo!

Orenthal James
05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Fall Down Blue
wow, on third listen, i can't believe how horrible this song is. seriously, everyone here is just trying to be nice with you. i'm telling you the truth. it fuckin sucks dick man.

stick to your day job,

oh shit, you work at mcdonalds.

ahaha, nevermind, hobo!

actually, he ais no longer employed for mcdonalds. he is a Summer Bay employee.

i didnt think it was bad. i sort of liked it.