View Full Version : denali broke up!!!1

peabody
04-29-2004, 09:53 PM
me sad.

Denali: "We Cannot Continue in the Current State!!!"
This is why you don't form a band with your sister
Cory D. Byrom reports:
Denali, the Richmond, VA band featuring Engine Down's Keeley Davis and his younger sister Maura, have issued an official press release announcing the group's breakup. According to the release, interpersonal strife may be to blame: "Due to differences in the band, Denali cannot continue in the current state." Although the announcement is a bit abrupt, it's not entirely unexpected, as Keeley and drummer Jonathan Fuller departed a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, this development means that the band will not be fulfilling their touring duties as a part of the Plea for Peace tour with Cursive, Darkest Hour, and Mike Park. They leave behind two full-lengths on Jade Tree, and a footnote in the annals of emo-rock. Later, dudes.

Altezano
04-29-2004, 10:26 PM
...and we care why?

DeviousJ
04-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Altezano
...and we care why?

I care. Although I haven't heard the 2nd album yet

Ghetto_Squirrel
04-29-2004, 11:45 PM
http://www.staugustine.com/images/020303/mourn.jpg

peabody
04-30-2004, 12:46 AM
i care 'cause they are a pretty good band that plays a very awesome live show.

at least i saw them twice. yay.

fallontears
04-30-2004, 01:30 PM
I've never listened to them, but I do like Engine Down. Is their music pretty much in the same vein as ED?

I_was_aborted
04-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Who? Exactly.

Edit: In fear of angering the great indie hipster emo snobs of netphoria I have added this ammendment. I meant "Who? Exactly." as I do not know who they are and I do not care to. I am in no way insisting that all music which is not "popular" is not good.

Ghetto_Squirrel
04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by fallontears
I've never listened to them, but I do like Engine Down. Is their music pretty much in the same vein as ED?

No. Engine Down is rockier. Denali is melancholy indie pop.

Never Leave Me
04-30-2004, 06:39 PM
:(

Geek USA
05-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Oh shit :( I've missed every show here in dallas. :( dang....

Originally posted by DeviousJ

I care. Although I haven't heard the 2nd album yet

It's okay. pretty good.

oh well, their memory will live on forever in my screen name! :O :O