View Full Version : mUSe

Quiet CD
04-28-2004, 08:11 PM
was wondering if anyone in the US had seen Muse in their recent shows here... I'm going to be seeing them at Coachella and in SF on May 6th and I can't fucking wait... anyone see them at the Metro?

if someone says anything about radiohead in this fucking thread i will shoot them.

Enzed
04-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Quiet CD
was wondering if anyone in the US had seen Muse in their recent shows here... I'm going to be seeing them at Coachella and in SF on May 6th and I can't fucking wait... anyone see them at the Metro?

if someone says anything about radiohead in this fucking thread i will shoot them.

Not quite the answer you're after, but I saw them in January in a festival down here in NZ - they're pretty damn good.

peabody
04-29-2004, 12:24 AM
i am listening to ok computer.

Isle
04-29-2004, 01:12 AM
muse are awesome. their latest video, for the song "sing for absolution" is pretty spectacular. they're basically a sci-fi rock band, so i'm glad they've finally done a video that isn't a million miles away from 2001: a space odyssey. it's so cool.

peabody
04-29-2004, 01:26 AM
now i'm listening to the bends.

jeez.

i like this radiohead band.

barden
04-29-2004, 02:40 AM
Eh, if you’re new to Muse they still work.

But after giving them some time and getting to know the albums you realise that they’re doing the same thing over and over and are creatively inept, really.

I’ve lost respect for them. I listen to the songs I liked before and they just scream ‘Pop’.

cap'n jazz
04-29-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by ^Agony_Imp^
same thing over and over

Liquid-J
04-29-2004, 12:16 PM
they're playing SF? where, and are there still tickets?

Liquid-J
04-29-2004, 12:44 PM
popscene, no advance tickets, doors open @ 9... what time are you planning on getting there??

smashingjj
04-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Eh, if you’re new to Muse they still work.

But after giving them some time and getting to know the albums you realise that they’re doing the same thing over and over and are creatively inept, really. . Agreed. I said it before, but the last album is a lame copy of Origin of Symmetry. I thought, however, that Origin of Symmetry was quite a step forward from their debut.

I’ve lost respect for them. I listen to the songs I liked before and they just scream ‘Pop’. what exactly is the problem about that?

Azael
04-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
. Agreed. I said it before, but the last album is a lame copy of Origin of Symmetry. I thought, however, that Origin of Symmetry was quite a step forward from their debut.

That's weird, i didn't think it sounded *enough* like Origin of Symmetry, a little too far from it. If they kept re-released Origin over and over i'd be happy.

DeviousJ
04-29-2004, 11:27 PM
wHAt's aLl tHIs aBOUt?

Quiet CD
04-30-2004, 01:47 AM
i really think hullabaloo (CD 1) is really different from most of their other stuff... i also think absolution is them growing away from their style and developing something new... most really good bands all do the same thing, um nirvana, pearl jam, smashing pumpkins, radiohead... first couple of albums are good and solid, relatively similar but the start of something good.

im getting at popscene as early as possible, i want to get there before 5.

barden
04-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Hullabaloo is a B side album.

Those do tend to sound a little different.

the
04-30-2004, 11:05 AM
bellamy is a homosexual

DeviousJ
04-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by the
bellamy is a homosexual

And this angers you, because you cannot have him

Radiofred
05-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Their first album is best.

crescentfresh
05-01-2004, 04:14 PM
They're playing LA on Wednesday night. Someone should go with me

Coonstar
05-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Only heard Showbiz (the album) and Absolution (also the album)... pretty good but I sorta got tired of them quick.

guz
05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by crescentfresh
They're playing LA on Wednesday night. Someone should go with me extra tickets? it's sold out, isn't it?