View Full Version : After having lived in England for almost a year; my fav english band is 100 Reasons

Fall Down Blue
04-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Seriously.

You brits probably take Hundred Reasons for granted since they've been around since 2001, but hot damn, these guys fucking rule.

I love their first album, and their new one that came out 2 months ago is just as fucking good. even their pre-albums singles are fucking awesome

Incredibe. I sincerely wish someone had introduced me to them a long time ago. I'm surprised they haven't toured outside of the U.K.? They're signed to Sony for fucks sake. If Sony was to release an album with all their best tracks from both albums, i think the U.S. and Canada would dig it. Then again, there's not a single song from them that I don't like. I even adore the songs where the guitarist is singing.

Anyways, E-High-Fives to all the brits in the house. My respect for british folk doubled when I heard these guys and Million Dead.

FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHO HUNDRED REASONS ARE, go on kazaa, and download... Hundred Reasons - Remmus... which is a song they released before releasing an album. SImply brilliant.

DeviousJ
04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I saw them supporting someone once, the little guitarist guy was funny - he can scream perfectly in tune, but when he tries to sing he completely misses every note. The crowd seemed to like them though, I think it was before their album was coming out or something. Half of MTV sounds like these guys these days though

Fall Down Blue
04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
Half of MTV sounds like these guys these days though

I have to disagree with you on that one man. If you listened to both of their albums... their flawless. Most bands that "sound" like them usually have 1-2 hit songs and can't come up with anything else.

Either way, i am still waiting for a better band from britain to come my way. Although Beecher is another one of my favs, but i doubt any of you brits know them!

Just curious... who did you see them opening for?

DeviousJ
04-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Fall Down Blue

I have to disagree with you on that one man. If you listened to both of their albums... their flawless. Most bands that "sound" like them usually have 1-2 hit songs and can't come up with anything else.

Either way, i am still waiting for a better band from britain to come my way. Although Beecher is another one of my favs, but i doubt any of you brits know them!

Just curious... who did you see them opening for?

Well there's this... theme I'm hearing right now - like there's some band which are apparently supporting Million Dead right now, and I thought it WAS Million Dead when I heard the song. But if there's a low water mark, it's Funeral For A Friend. 'Hey guys, I'll wear a mike and shout on every song!' Christ.

Uh it was... Muse I think, I got dragged along to that one. Actually the first support band, the ones before Hundred Reasons, were the best. I haven't a clue who they were though

Nimrod's Son
04-27-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm emailing this thread to Atreyu.

Isle
04-28-2004, 03:20 AM
i'm still not keen on hr, they're okayyy but there are much much much better bands in the uk. to be honest i find it amazing they got signed, even though they're my "homeboys". colin is one of the most annoying singers i've ever heard, the guitarists aren't really that good even- i recently read an interview with them in a guitar magazine where they said "on our new album, we discovered that the best songs come from the rhythm section!". it's not like they ever had a lead section though is it? i want fuck-off soloing action, and more mellow tunes- falter and avalanche were ok but just about every emo/rock guitar player in the world who has tried using drop-d tuning as hundred reasons do (which are many) have written tunes that sound like those two songs, among many others. also, just a gay, gay name for the new album. Shatterproof is Not a Challenge? there are two types of pretentious, ironically gay artistic pretentious (think pumpkins) and just lame pretentious. shatterproof falls into the latter category- i don't care whether the name was inspired by homer simpson, the band can't pull it off because they are boring average joes with little natural artistic ability. and i wouldn't count their music as art, i think it's bland and doesn't really go anywhere. the guys have potential, but a band of 15 year olds could make a better album than anything hr have done so far.

glad someone likes them though!

Isle
04-28-2004, 03:21 AM
hey i could write for pitchfork.

mono
04-28-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Isle
hey i could write for pitchfork.

No you couldn't.

Isle
04-28-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by mono

No you couldn't.

:( someday.

dean moriaty
04-28-2004, 05:42 AM
i found their original demo cd in a bin of old guff in a second hand record shop and bought it for under 1. (reckon i could sell it for 100 but thats not the point)

it's cool. not my fav band by a long way but they're ok.